Franks

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
CUT HIS *** NOW

That is one heartless Christmas present. But I guess it doesn't matter because he's a millionaire?

Exactly. What idiot resigned him to a big contract?? Was it TT or before him?

And by the way, I dont cry for athletes. Trust me, 90% of them especially baseball players wouldnt **** on you if you were on fire.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was TT. and TT had no reason to believe Bubba Franks would turn into this **** monster he has become. Bubba has always been reliable and consistent, especially in the red zone, and you know it. I know it. Thats why I think a lot of us are pissed off. He signs a big contract and suddenly he doesn't show up to play. I hate guys like that.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was TT. and TT had no reason to believe Bubba Franks would turn into this **** monster he has become. Bubba has always been reliable and consistent, especially in the red zone, and you know it. I know it. Thats why I think a lot of us are pissed off. He signs a big contract and suddenly he doesn't show up to play. I hate guys like that.

I agree with you on part of it. But honestly, he wasnt ever all that good anyway. His best years stats like 54 catches and 440 yards. His next best year was like 300 something yards. 15 guys in the league will beat his best seasons stats. Im not so mad at his performance because i expected him to be bad anyway and i know he is trying hard and doesnt drop balls/fumble on purpose. Im just pissed that we didnt adress this position over the past 3 or 4 years. Our offense craves a game breaking or at least semi-game greaking tight end.

I honestly am suprised he lasted this long. Is he like one of the best blocking TE's in the league? I guess that might justify him in the lineup. I never really noticed and haven't heard much on that though.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

I agree with you on part of it. But honestly, he wasnt ever all that good anyway. His best years stats like 54 catches and 440 yards. His next best year was like 300 something yards. 15 guys in the league will beat his best seasons stats. Im not so mad at his performance because i expected him to be bad anyway and i know he is trying hard and doesnt drop balls/fumble on purpose. Im just pissed that we didnt adress this position over the past 3 or 4 years. Our offense craves a game breaking or at least semi-game greaking tight end.

I honestly am suprised he lasted this long. Is he like one of the best blocking TE's in the league? I guess that might justify him in the lineup. I never really noticed and haven't heard much on that though.

| 2001 gnb | 16 | 36 322 8.9 9 |
| 2002 gnb | 16 | 54 442 8.2 7 |
| 2003 gnb | 16 | 30 241 8.0 4 |
| 2004 gnb | 16 | 34 361 10.6 7 |

That's one major reason we kept him - for his TD production, which isn't great, but it's not shabby either. We used to throw TDs to TEs. Not anymore. Now every time one of our TEs smells the end zone, he suddenly has butter fingers.

I'd cut him to save cap space and pick up a TE that can produce in the red zone if I were TT. I didn't think TT saw this coming, and neither did most of us, myself included. Franks used to be good. He's not anymore. His last two years have been horrible, and not worthy of big pay.

It's all about the TDs. If a TE catches only 10 passes, but they're all TDs, (and he can block), that's a pretty ******* good year. The reason why our offense is mediocre is because we get into the redzone and do nothing.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
tromadz said:

That's one major reason we kept him - for his TD production, which isn't great, but it's not shabby either. We used to throw TDs to TEs. Not anymore. Now every time one of our TEs smells the end zone, he suddenly has butter fingers.

I'd cut him to save cap space and pick up a TE that can produce in the red zone if I were TT. I didn't think TT saw this coming, and neither did most of us, myself included. Franks used to be good. He's not anymore. His last two years have been horrible, and not worthy of big pay.

It's all about the TDs. If a TE catches only 10 passes, but they're all TDs, (and he can block), that's a pretty ******* good year. The reason why our offense is mediocre is because we get into the redzone and do nothing.

I really hate that way of thinking. That is somehow implying that if we didnt have bubba, we would have kicked field goals. If we would have put ANY other guy in there, he would have had the TD's too. Thats like saying Touchdown Tommy Vardell was an awesome running back because Barry Sanders would get 20 carries for 185 yards and no touchdowns and Vardell would get 4 carries for 6 yards and 2 or 3 touchdowns.

I just have a big problem with giving guys credit for 1 and 2 yard touchdowns which is the majority of what bubba caught.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
flapackfan said:
tromadz said:

I really hate that way of thinking. That is somehow implying that if we didnt have bubba, we would have kicked field goals. If we would have put ANY other guy in there, he would have had the TD's too. I just have a big problem with giving guys credit for 1 and 2 yard touchdowns which is the majority of what bubba caught.

Fla - Well, it used to work. I don't have the stats off the top of my head, but I just remember Favre throwing a lot of 1 and 2 yard TDs to TEs. It used to work.

Imagine if we had ten more TDs this year, the difference it would make. From memory, it seems like about ten is the number of times we got to the five yard line and failed to punch it in because a TE dropped the ball or fumbled. I think there were three or four in the past two games alone.

When the year is over, it's all a numbers game. You score more TDs than the other guy, you win. You stumble on first and goal at the five and fail to punch it in and either turn it over or have to settle for a field goal regularly (like we do this year), you may lose a lot of games you could have won. A TE is a HUGE factor here. Our TEs have let us down all year in this area.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
Zombieslayer said:
flapackfan said:

I really hate that way of thinking. That is somehow implying that if we didnt have bubba, we would have kicked field goals. If we would have put ANY other guy in there, he would have had the TD's too. I just have a big problem with giving guys credit for 1 and 2 yard touchdowns which is the majority of what bubba caught.

Fla - Well, it used to work. I don't have the stats off the top of my head, but I just remember Favre throwing a lot of 1 and 2 yard TDs to TEs. It used to work.

Imagine if we had ten more TDs this year, the difference it would make. From memory, it seems like about ten is the number of times we got to the five yard line and failed to punch it in because a TE dropped the ball or fumbled. I think there were three or four in the past two games alone.

When the year is over, it's all a numbers game. You score more TDs than the other guy, you win. You stumble on first and goal at the five and fail to punch it in and either turn it over or have to settle for a field goal regularly (like we do this year), you may lose a lot of games you could have won. A TE is a HUGE factor here. Our TEs have let us down all year in this area.

Your wrong, our tight ends have been wonderful.

Latest posts