Frank: All you need to know about hamstrings

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
I think the bottom line here is no one has any clue as to why any hammy occurs but since the Packers get so many of them, writers are grasping at straws. There's a guy over at Packernews, Wally, who knows everything about hamstring injuries. Just ask him, he can confirm this.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I think the bottom line here is no one has any clue as to why any hammy occurs but since the Packers get so many of them, writers are grasping at straws. There's a guy over at Packernews, Wally, who knows everything about hamstring injuries. Just ask him, he can confirm this.

Get Ol' wally on the horn, I wanna know right now, damn it !!!!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I think we perceive this hamstring epidemic to be concentrated on the Packers because that's the team we follow the closest. Truth is a LOT of teams have hammy injuries. The Bengals, for example, had three guys sit last week due to hammy's. I think a few other teams were missing several guys as well, so it's not just us.

For me, the bright spot is it's not a bunch of torn ACL's and knee injuries. Hammy's usually require rest, and that's it. If our guys were popping ligaments left and right, then I'd be really worried.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are 3 points that intrigue me in that mess.

1. Myofascial release. The Yankees about 10 years ago had a new strength program and their stretching was based on this concept and they basically each brought a foam roller out to the field and stretched........half the team pulled their hammies and he was fired during the season. I do not like this personally for stretching the hamstring. I like it for helping to relax muscles or trigger points that are firing when they shouldn't be.

2. Off season unsupervised workouts at personal "facilities". The players need to believe 100 percent in what the Packers are doing and what they are giving them to do in the off season. This is a year round plan and doing different things at home will screw with the overall plan.

3. Quad to Hamstring ratio. Recently front squating has become trendy and it hits the quads more than the hamstrings when compared to a back squat. If you have too much quad and not enough hamstring it messes up the natural balance. I think this might be the culprit. Full body exercises are very popular as well but I think they too tend to hit the quads a bit more. Keep building those hammies so they can stay in the proper ratio.

Members online

Latest posts