Fox Sports on mikes Head ( for what it's worth )

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PACKERS MAKING A MOVE: Despite all the reports that the Green Bay Packers will retain head coach Mike Sherman, FOXSports.com believes that Sherman will be fired within the next 24 to 48 hours. If they decide, in fact, to make a move then the team would look for a coach with strong quarterback coaching skills or a fiery guy who brings the opposite approach of Sherman.

And just who is hiding behind the FOXSports.com moniker? Michael Irvin?

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
PACKERS MAKING A MOVE: Despite all the reports that the Green Bay Packers will retain head coach Mike Sherman, FOXSports.com believes that Sherman will be fired within the next 24 to 48 hours. If they decide, in fact, to make a move then the team would look for a coach with strong quarterback coaching skills or a fiery guy who brings the opposite approach of Sherman.

I dont care who is behind, I just hope it is true !!!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:

C'mon guys - get with the program...

Who do we all know that has a great.... Offensive mindset and background - and is also currently (ahem) available...?

Steve Mariucci .......(who else.....anyone?)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
rabidgopher04 said:

C'mon guys - get with the program...

Who do we all know that has a great.... Offensive mindset and background - and is also currently (ahem) available...?

Are you saying we should keep Sherman because there is not a solidified top notch coach available or one you presume to be better than Sherman?

My mindset would be that's settling for what you 'can' get and not going after for something better.

I could be wrong here but wasn't Holmgren virtually someone no one knew would be as successful as he was? I don't know but my point is you have to be on top of things as a GM scouting every possible coach out there.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
IPBprez said:

yes my friend, theres going to be tons of coaches available. besides, Steve is quite the softy. i hope he stays away from GB personally.

couldn't agree with you more on this one, arrow. ixnay on the oochmay!!!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As the coaching changes begin to take place, the Packers had better be quick in firing Sherman. We want to get the best candidate and that might mean we better be quick on the trigger.

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
As the coaching changes begin to take place, the Packers had better be quick in firing Sherman. We want to get the best candidate and that might mean we better be quick on the trigger.

Not necessarily; some of the best candidates will be coaching in the playoffs. Can't talk to them until their team is eliminated.

Members online

Latest posts