Former packer now an nfl coach

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

You know, he used to do a lot of the weekly TV shows in Green Bay ... seemed like some weeks, he'd be on ALL of them. :) The guy's intelligence always impressed me. The fact that he speak coherently impressed me. So many professional athletes just don't. They're certainly not Charles Woodson and Al Harris, that's for sure. Do you think Reid will make him cut his flippin' hair?

Hey, can I ask why it surprises you that he'd go into coaching?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, he used to do a lot of the weekly TV shows in Green Bay ... seemed like some weeks, he'd be on ALL of them. :) The guy's intelligence always impressed me. The fact that he speak coherently impressed me. So many professional athletes just don't. They're certainly not Charles Woodson and Al Harris, that's for sure.

Hey, can I ask why it surprises you that he'd go into coaching?

Al always struck me as the athlete that would own a club or a car dealership. I never knew him to Be an Xs and Os kinda guy

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Al always struck me as the athlete that would own a club or a car dealership. I never knew him to Be an Xs and Os kinda guy

Yeah... fair enough. I had heard he was something of a 'clubber'...well, I guess they all are for the most part...I mean, I was too as a younger man. Then, my life as I knew it ended rapidly and suddenly... ;)

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah... fair enough. I had heard he was something of a 'clubber'...well, I guess they all are for the most part...I mean, I was too as a younger man. Then, my life as I knew it ended rapidly and suddenly... ;)

Should we assume Seattle will not be hiring him?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Pretty safe assumption. The Seattle fans that I've seen posting on line despise the guy. They'll never admit the REAL reason why...they'll say that he was most accomplished at "holding beyond 5". Of course Seattle fans don't have a real good grasp of reality anyway...

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Pretty safe assumption. The Seattle fans that I've seen posting on line despise the guy. They'll never admit the REAL reason why...they'll say that he was most accomplished at "holding beyond 5". Of course Seattle fans don't have a real good grasp of reality anyway...
Irony never ceases.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good for Al! I hope he does well....and I hope that he finds his way to Green Bay again. That would be great to have Hayward mentored by Charles Woodson and coached by Al Harris!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that he speak coherently impressed me.
Sorry - this made me laugh :D

My source for Packer tickets HATED Al Harris, because of the penalties. I took his penalties with a grain of salt, like Favre's performances. Harris could shut down opposing wide receivers but was more prone to the penalty, just like Favre could skewer defenses with laser passes but was more prone to the INT. When the Packers played man-to-man with Harris and Woodson, they were an elite duo for a few years.

Seattle fans could have a legitimate gripe about Harris' skills because one doesn't have to hold in order to be a good DB. However, he was/is quite intelligent and will make a good coach. It would be ironic if he were overly tough on his players about penalties though!

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry - this made me laugh :D

My source for Packer tickets HATED Al Harris, because of the penalties. I took his penalties with a grain of salt, like Favre's performances. Harris could shut down opposing wide receivers but was more prone to the penalty, just like Favre could skewer defenses with laser passes but was more prone to the INT. When the Packers played man-to-man with Harris and Woodson, they were an elite duo for a few years.

Seattle fans could have a legitimate gripe about Harris' skills because one doesn't have to hold in order to be a good DB. However, he was/is quite intelligent and will make a good coach. It would be ironic if he were overly tough on his players about penalties though!

I felt the same about Harris til his later years. He couldn't shut them down and leaned on the penalties too much

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part of it was the defensive scheme though too. Woodson picked up his fair share of penalties too, because of the jamming those guys did at the line. It often got testy with WRs and carried on beyond the 5-yard line.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
El and Ivo, true....and... true. What was true of Al then, is true of Wood now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts