Former Pack coach to interview for Cards job...

bsmith_501

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cardinals wasted little time embarking on their search for the team's seventh head coach since moving to Arizona in 1988. Michael Bidwill and Rog Graves identified six candidates: Tennessee offensive coordinator Norm Chow, Houston assistant head coach Mike Sherman, Chicago defensive coordinator Ron Rivera, Indianapolis assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach Jim Caldwell, Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt and Steelers assistant head coach/offensive line coach Russ Grimm. Sherman's interview is scheduled for Thursday at the team's Tempe facility. Other interviews have yet to be scheduled.

http://www.benmaller.com/nfl_rumors_notes

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are a lot of coordinators looking to be a head coach. It's too bad Jagz took the BC job he might be considered too.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im upset with Jags. Gb was top 10 in total offense this year, with rookies, young'ns and guys who just aren't all that good....

and hes gonna leave us. what a jerk!

(im bitter)

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really liked Sherman. So I hope he doesnt get the Arizona job. I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy!! Lol.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im upset with Jags. Gb was top 10 in total offense this year, with rookies, young'ns and guys who just aren't all that good....

and hes gonna leave us. what a jerk!

(im bitter)

Same story last year with the Bates. It would have been great if we could have kept our him and had Jags around next year as well, these guys could have grown with those coaches and really been great next year... guess we will see what happens now.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear Shermans name being mentioned in "Giants" discussions...so...

and we play NYG next year. could be interesting.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I hope Sherman learned from his shortcomings and trusts his staff more. I think he'd be a good coach if he can deligate tasks an instill trust in the staff he hires.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would guess that it would go to Norm Chow -- reuniting him with Leinart.

Grimm may want to stay put in Pittsburgh, hoping to get the Steelers if Cowher retires.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would guess that it would go to Norm Chow -- reuniting him with Leinart.

Grimm may want to stay put in Pittsburgh, hoping to get the Steelers if Cowher retires.
I think Ken Wisenhunt has the inside track on the Steelers' job.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman in New York is akin to throwing meat in a grinder....he will be eaten alive. His strength is bringing order to chaos..which makes him a good fit for AZ, although the organization would consistently let him down as previous coaches have learned.

My pick for HC in AZ......Ron Rivera, DC Bears. They need a hardass down there and he is just the guy to kick a little ***...plus as a former player and coord for one bad **** defense, he commands instant respect.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's probably what got him the HC job.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts