Forget the No Huddle. Stop ******** up and Score!

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plenty of people are talking about going to a no huddle offense, but it would be a major mistake.

With the problems on our OL, a no huddle offense will only lead to more mistakes. Focus on controlling the ball, not making mistakes/turnovers.

Also, a no huddle offense means that our defense will have to be on the field longer. I don't see how that can be a good thing.

Our offense has moved the ball with ease, but continues to waste scoring changes with mistakes! How many good drives did we waste on Sunday? False starts pushing us out of FG range, interceptions just outside the red zone leading to points for the other team, etc.

We needed the no huddle offense at the beginning of the 4th quarter on Sunday, but that doesn't mean we should switch to it all the time! Sherman just needs to do a much better job at managing the clock when we're trailing late in the game.

No matter what, we're beating ourselves right now. These stupid mistakes when the offense is rolling kill momentum and put pressure on our defense. The defense is improving, but it's far from being able to carry this team. As always, the offense has to carry this team and their not getting the job done right now.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
Also, a no huddle offense means that our defense will have to be on the field longer.

Well, I don't see how it automatically translates into that, but ok. If the defense does its job and stops the opposing offense then it won't be on the field very long.

OP
OP
B

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Bobby Roberts said:
Also, a no huddle offense means that our defense will have to be on the field longer.

Well, I don't see how it automatically translates into that, but ok. If the defense does its job and stops the opposing offense then it won't be on the field very long.

The no huddle offense leads to faster plays and therefore the offense getting off the field faster. This means less time before the defense gets on the field.

Our defense has improved, but it's not good enough to stop the opposing offense all the time. Our offense is the strength of this team, why put more pressure on the defense??

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It "could" happen that way.. or, it could be slower by barely getting yet another Green Bay 1st down... (say it with me, fellas)

No one would know till it's tried - but the stamina of these Players with their laid back Pre-season nancy practices has me worried - if it was me? I'd have been having laps run back in June... geez!

Members online

Latest posts