1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

For official Brett forum peeps

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Clay's Jock Strap

Clay's Jock Strap TRK's Hero

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I'm not going to have a contrarian party argument with you - I'm sick of that ****. I don't have the patience to indulge some guy whose MO is to look at things from another angle all the time. I was aware of the Packers unique stature about as soon as I could say my ABCs. My grandmother owned a tavern named after the Packers and I met a few of the glory days Packers at a young age. The Packers were always big in our family. We went to games together and when not at Lambeau we were at home on Sunday watching.

My dad was proud of the Packers' history and taught that to me at a very young age. Do you find that strange or something? Because for families living in the FRV and Green Bay, I think it is closer to the norm.

I can see a kid following other players and therefore their teams even if they don't play for the Packers. However, there are several out there to choose from. I'll let you in on a secret. When I was a kid of 6 or 7 and the Pack was brutal, I took a liking to the Steelers. That was totally benign. As you said, Rocky was from Appleton and they were a great team with great players. That lasted a couple years, and then I was ALL Packers. I don't think my dad gave a damn that I liked the Steelers a little bit - it was no big deal. But had I decided to root for the Vikings or Bears I think it would have been more than a little bit disrespectful since their success automatically diminished the chances of the Packers having success. I respected my pop a lot and would never have, even at an early age, picked the Packers' arch enemy to root for. I would have seen that as very similar to rooting against my dad and that just wasn't going to happen.

Whatever your reasons are or were, I really don't care and I've more than satisfied my curiosity in the matter. I don't understand you most of the time and that is fine.
  2. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +250 / 5 / -3
    Packer Fan Since:

I went to Southwest. Go TROJANS!!!
  3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,546 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    ok now that we have it established what and who the fans are....

Move along lol
  4. AllouezPackerFan

Ratings:
    +250 / 5 / -3
    Packer Fan Since:

Ahhh....yeah.
  5. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +713 / 20 / -11
    First I'm not arguing with you. I'm telling why I became a Viking fan. You can't grasp the fact that someone can grow up in the FRV and not be a Packer fan. Almost as if that's a requirement for being a football fan from that area. Well it's not. But your a fan of the local team and I understand how and why you think that way. Which you pretty much say in the next quote.

And my family was not interested in football. So I learned it all by myself.

I don't find it strange at all. The same thing happens to fans of teams all over the country every day. In that manner the Packers and their fans are nothing special. As far as it being the norm in the FRV, it may have been at one time but I would be surprised if it was today.

I do understand you perfectly BTW. Your a die hard Packers fan who can't fathom someone growing up in the shadows of Lambeau not being a Packers fan. Just like fans of other teams feeling the same about their team. And, you know, there is nothing wrong with that. I can respect that.

We agree then that there are certain things we will never agree on. Be assured of one thing. Anything I write will never be a personal attack on you. And if you feel it is, it's not meant to be. Like I said, if we all agreed this would not be a very good forum.
  6. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Raptorman,

Don't back down. These cheese-dix that question your motives are miserable and they do everything in their power to make sure they force you to be miserable also.

Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no man because I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley. :)
  7. Quientus

Quientus Oenophile

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:

*chuckles*

Good one Haus !

@ LT - Question; how come you keep bringing up "issues" from the "Official Brett Favre Forums" (a forum you seem to frequent quite alot lately ?), when most here never quotes from it, aside from you that is ?

Seems to me that is borderline baiting ?
  8. Clay's Jock Strap

Clay's Jock Strap TRK's Hero

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    All I know is that if I was getting props from a clown who is so confused he doesn't even know what team he roots for, I'd find it faint praise at best.

Signed,

cheese dick
  9. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,546 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:

I cant stand them and I know they frequent THIS forum so I like to bust their chops..

Maybe I should move this entire thing to smack?
  10. AllouezPackerFan

Ratings:
    +250 / 5 / -3
    Packer Fan Since:

We're really allowing language like this? I've seen people be chastised from mods for less.
  11. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +928 / 16 / -9
    I've always found Raptor to be a reasonable and measured poster. Had a couple of discussions via PM. Seems like a good guy with one rather obvious personality flaw. ;) Hell, in the grand scheme of things...it really doesn't matter which team one roots for, does it? I mean, we Packers fans relish the number of fans the Pack have attracted around the world ... fans who have no real rhyme or reason for being Packers fans...yet, there they are... from England, Brazil, Australia and all ports in between.. All I can say is ... 'you can't win 'em all.' My brother in law, born and reared in Antigo absolutely HATED the Green Bay Packers. He very well could have coined the term "I'm a fan of whomever is playing Green Bay"... we still loved him in spite of the belief that his Mom dropped him on his head as a toddler. :)
  12. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,546 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    If you have an issue with a post report it..

While we try and read EVERY word someone says, it just does not happen..

That way if and when someone says something you do not agree with you know for a fact a mod is looking into it
  13. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,324 / 51 / -15
    And you know they frequent this forum how...?
    Do they mention things we write?

And do you ever feel tempted to post?
    Just how do you restrain yourself from pointing out their flaws and idiocy?
    :focus:
  14. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,546 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:

Yeah I have people tell me they talk about me....Specially the "admin" Davidphx, likes to put in digs towards me every now and then..for a while a few people kept bringing me up in posts blaming me for things when I never was doing what they accused me of.

I dont know if they mention things we write as I am not told that..I just get things sent to me when I ask, or if someone wants to make me laugh..

sometimes i get 20 or 30 posts a day or sometimes no posts for days..

Just depends on what my friends think I would like to see..