For official Brett forum peeps

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
some more logical banter

too bad the vikings let you down, brett. you played your best football ever.

YOU are REALLY GONNA QUESTION Brett after the way the o-line let Brett get rocked him all evening. Place the blame where it belongs buddy !!

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hahaha LTF, great post.

In all seriousness, was it a correct call by the refs when it was in the middle of the game and a roughing the passer call was made on the Saints. The one where BF handed it off and a guy rocked BF. IDK if BF is technically a blocker at that point or what. Just curious.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the INT was shades of Packer Favre, but this game was put in jeoprady by fumbles. I mean they had what 6 turnovers? Vikings didn't deserve to win that game yet were sTILL in it before that last INT. I feel bad for Favre I hoped he'd go to the SB then retire and be happy, now we will have to put up with another year of should I retire, or should I come back and make another run at it...

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Early mock drafts have Tim Tebow slipping to the 2nd round. What if the Vikes draft him in the late first and then Brett comes back to take another shot at the Superbowl..."Y'know, the way it ended, I felt like we could have another chance...". That would be awesome.

LOL

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was classic Bert he didn't lose the game in the grand scheme of things, but he screwed the pooch in the details. Seconds left,game on the line, just a few yards needed and then the ******* arrogant redneck light switch gets flipped. It's like in Cheers when Cliff bets it all on final jepordy when he had the game locked up. All he had to do was stumble for 8 yards, longwell drills it and Bert to the bowl. To bad someone flipped the switch. i love every second of it.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't say that the loss was entirely Brett's fault, but how much does that matter?

I agree 100%....Al Harris couldnt stop Plex if for just one drive stop him the Pack might have won

AP sucked should been pulled after 2nd fumble..Their defense just couldnt stop Brees

but after the Packer loss vs the Cards and the losses in 08, all we heard from the Brett lovers was it was ALL Rodgers fault..

Hell they even made a full 2 or 3 page thread on OBF how he lost the game by kicking the ball at the end vs the Cards..

How when people said the ref sucked they said dont matter Rodgers lost the game..

Its a full 180 now...I can't post there, but know a few read here....

so this is my way of telling them to understand that if Rodgers is to blame, Brett sure as hell gets a part in it as well...I saw at least one othe rint that the defender dropped...2 int are driver killers so to me that is a big part of a loss

2 NFC Championships in a row and his last pass in an interception??

JUST WOW

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I got to post a message on the OBF before I got banned. Was worth it. ROFL.

On the BF Presser topic I just said

"Dude looked Old, Glad to see he took responsibility for blowing the game! NOT"

Amazing they would ban for that. But hey, it's the BF happy place for farverites.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got to post a message on the OBF before I got banned. Was worth it. ROFL.

On the BF Presser topic I just say

"Dude looked Old, Glad to see he took responsibility to blowing the game! NOT"

Amazing they would ban for that. But hey, it's the BF happy place for farverites.

Sounds a lot like the packer rats forum. They ban anyone who trash talks Favre. They try to spin it that it goes both ways, but thats BS.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
"Brett makes two mistakes, but neither were as bad as the stupid fumbles"

- Apples and Oranges... Apples and Oranges.

"Neither of Brett's mistakes resulted in points..."
- For the VIKINGS!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
they deleted it your post murgen

they banned my brother for making a comment about people having money troubles..not really sure what it was all about since that entire thread is gone??

the BIGDOG had 90% of his posts deleted...along with Pete his trusty side kick

they NEVER leave up posts that will look bad for them in the long run...

charlotte

Cheesehead
Reaction score
let them have their pity party.

Aside from the ill advised pass that resulted in the INT, brent had a passer rating of 70 for the game. And last time I checked, that passer rating doesn't translate to a win - unless it's Pop Warner football.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I'm gonna have me some fun over there. Let ya know when i get banned ;)

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
what really gets them is post something they said about Rodgers/PAckers that can be applied to Brett.Vikings

The_PackisBack

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yeah its hilarious to to read how they were calling Packer fans whiners and telling them they can't blame the refs after Arizona and now some of them want the refs investigated because of this game. What a bunch of little girls. They should take their own advice.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just for my dear friends over at OfficialBrettFavre

I see NOW you guys are crying your ***** off that the refs are to blame for the loss..But whhen it was the Packers..OOO NOO..you said they werent good enough, Rodgers sucks, Defense sucks etc...etc..

Well touche for you eh?

the ref missed a call but the refs missed a call in the GB/AR as well... helmet to helmet..That non call was NOT looked at by the league

Mike Pereira did not explain the helmet to helmet call

But even with that said the Viks had a chance...Defense did not stop the Saints (sound familiar?)

And Brett when it mattered the MOST tossed a bone headed play

So stop blaming the refs..just let it go..

wont change the outcome :)

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh the hypocrisy. Still laughing at all the BF/Vike fans saying Pack fans were whining while they're whining about either the refs or the saints being "dirty" or both.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Oh the hypocrisy. Still laughing at all the BF/Vike fans saying Pack fans were whining while they're whining about either the refs or the saints being "dirty" or both.
No surprise. When it comes to favre's legend it hasn't been about reality for the past decade. The emperor has no clothes and only in the last couple years has it become less than high treason to even suggest such a thing. Among this group it still is blasphemy, only they are now in the minority and can no longer shout down those who have history and facts/results on their side.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some more rational thoughts from Brett fans

Quote:
Brett makes 2 mistakes but neither were as bad as the stupid fumbles.

Quote:
neither of brett's mistakes resulted in scores..

They were watching a different game.
We were watching the one on FOX while they watched the one in their heads where Brent single handily wins the game as the only player out there on O and D and takes them to the Super Bowl and wins that one by his lonesome too.
:tease:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Brett cost them the game?

correct or no?
No. I would say that if I had to pick a play that cost them the game it would be Harvins fumble. Giving the Saints only 7 yards to score was just too easy. Although drive ender's, Favres INT's did not actually cost them any points directly. Sure it helped put the game into overtime. But the coin flip could have gone anyway.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So, if Porter would have ran to the sidelines instead of cutting it back like he should have, and scored a TD on the interception, then what say you?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Let them have their ideology. In the end, sympathy isn't going to win you that football game. It comes down to the coaching. There were too many divisions amongst the players on that team and the coaching staff. Brett wouldn't let the coach coach and I think it comes back to discipline. If the players don't see any authority in the coach, then who do they have to look to for discipline? Favre? He was "just having fun."

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, if Porter would have ran to the sidelines instead of cutting it back like he should have, and scored a TD on the interception, then what say you?
I dunno.
There are still too many possibilities.
A Minny KO return for the TD or else very good field position.
Or else BrINT would have run out of time to make a play.
A Minny INT or fumble.

Suppose Porter did score.
Then how much time would have been left for Min to try anything at all?
:king:

Members online

Latest posts