For heaven's sake.. make the call and lets get it over..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
One thing is for certain in this whole Favre saga.. the longer it plays out the worse it is for all parties involved. For Favre.. the press keeps needling at his legacy and it just adds to the mountain of wishy washy decision making about his retirement for the last upteen years.

For the Packers, any decision is going to inflict a certain amount of pain both on the franchise and personally on TT himself. Either way, he is going to have to deal with Rodgers or deal with the backlash of some of Packer nation. That is unless everyone remains adults about it, have a competition for the starters job and go for the trophy as it should be.

In the end, if Favre really wants to come back.. then lets get on the horn, have the discussion between Favre and the brass... get an understanding from both parties, make a decision of a course of action and get this behind us before camp.. or even close to camp.. at the very least have a plan or course of action.

Whom would have thought the days of the Brewers making an excellent decision and getting nothing but praise for making a sound choice.. while the Packers and their HOF QB are getting dragged through the mud in the press, fan opinions and in our thoughts.

Please Brett.. if you are comming back.. fill out the papers and show up in the front office.. making them deal with you head on.. no more BS in the papers or from agents or such.. fly into GB.. and face it head on. Same goes for the Packer FO.. set a course of action early this week, talk with your star player and come to a conclusion.. whatever it may be.. but just make it..

It is the very least this franchise and Brett himself owe to the fan base.. don't make us watch this franchise make the front page of every soap opera rag out there.. DEAL WITH IT, NOW.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing is for certain in this whole Favre saga.. the longer it plays out the worse it is for all parties involved. For Favre.. the press keeps needling at his legacy and it just adds to the mountain of wishy washy decision making about his retirement for the last upteen years.

Nobody will care about that in the future. It's the offseason and there's nothing else to talk about. Nobody cares about Reggie White or Michael Jordan doing the same things.

As for the rest of your post, I agree, but this all started over a holiday weekend. I'm sure the issue is being discussed at 1265 Lombardi Avenue as we speak.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well said.

If Favre wants too play then fill out the papers and get this going.

Then the Packers need to reinstate him right away and come out right away and say one of two things

1. Favre is for trade.

2. Favre is our QB.

I fear that this is going to be a distraction come this season and the team is going to have a poor year because of it which would be ashame because this is such a good team.

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well said.

Then the Packers need to reinstate him right away and come out right away and say one of two things

1. Favre is for trade.

2. Favre is our QB.

I fear that this is going to be a distraction come this season and the team is going to have a poor year because of it which would be ashame because this is such a good team.

Oh god, seriously? We're really already putting out that this upcoming season could be bad because of this Favre thing?

Case 1 - The Giants had Tiki Barber creating a million distractions, Strahan in and out of retirement and they won the Super Bowl.

Case 2 - The Pats had Spygate. Which is a 1000 times worse than this and they went 18-0 on the way to the Super Bowl.

Please for all that is logical in the world, do not blame the upcoming season already on Favre. If this team is really a good team, they will overcome it and do well and thats it. The Pats went to the Super Bowl with Spygate (undefeated), good teams get it done when it counts.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Pack93... but I don't think its the organizations responsibility to do anything right now. It's all on Favre.

As far as the Packers are concerned, he has retired and they are retiring his jersey on opening night.... a night that will be severely awkward now. Until he says something legitimate, I dont think the Packers need to do anything besides get ready for the new season with Aaron Rodgers behind center.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Well said.

1. Favre is for trade.

2. Favre is our QB.

Oh god, seriously? We're really already putting out that this upcoming season could be bad because of this Favre thing?

Case 1 - The Giants had Tiki Barber creating a million distractions, Strahan in and out of retirement and they won the Super Bowl.

Case 2 - The Pats had Spygate. Which is a 1000 times worse than this and they went 18-0 on the way to the Super Bowl.

Please for all that is logical in the world, do not blame the upcoming season already on Favre. If this team is really a good team, they will overcome it and do well and thats it. The Pats went to the Super Bowl with Spygate (undefeated), good teams get it done when it counts.

Case 1 - McNabb and TO

Case 2 - Buccaneers and Keyshaun Johnson

I'm not blaming Favre. I didn't say that at all in my post. I said I fear this is going to be a distraction and the team will do poor.

Personally I would blame both parties for mishandling this situation if this becomes a distraction. My point is this needs to be resolved sooner rather than later. If this lingers it will be a distraction and no good can come of it.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Pack93... but I don't think its the organizations responsibility to do anything right now. It's all on Favre.

As far as the Packers are concerned, he has retired and they are retiring his jersey on opening night.... a night that will be severely awkward now. Until he says something legitimate, I dont think the Packers need to do anything besides get ready for the new season with Aaron Rodgers behind center.

How predictable. It's on Management to act. It's not the GB Favre's, per your words, it's the Packers and now it's time for the Boss to step up and say are you in or not. If you are, we'll take the next step, if not, enjoy retirement.

Quit being hypcritical. It's the Packers not the Favres so it's time for the PACKERS to say shittt or get off the pot

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His point is that Favre himself has done nothing to which they could or should respond. To what should they respond? Fourth hand rumours from profootballtalk.com?

GB staff was off for the holiday weekend, you shouldn't expect them to return at 9am and then issue some knee-jerk statement. They are clearly deciding what to do today, and we don't know what communication they've really had with Favre. We have a report of him sending a text message denying all this stuff.

I hope we come to some resolution quickly, though.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
If as reported.. Favre called MM to gauge his return to the Packers some time ago.. the Packers, IMO, should have gotten out in front of this thing early.. even if it would require a trip to MS to talk face to face with Brett.

While I think the ultimate next move is on Favre himself.. this was kind of predictible in nature.. so when supposedly Brett called MM, they should have had sometype of initial gameplan established.. and avoid this thing getting into the press yet again..

I lay the blame of this crap upon both Favre and the franchise.. moreso Brett at this point, but this isn't going away fast unless it is dealt with quickly and swiftly..

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
His point is that Favre himself has done nothing to which they could or should respond. To what should they respond? Fourth hand rumours from profootballtalk.com?

GB staff was off for the holiday weekend, you shouldn't expect them to return at 9am and then issue some knee-jerk statement. They are clearly deciding what to do today, and we don't know what communication they've really had with Favre. We have a report of him sending a text message denying all this stuff.

Exactly!
What is "on Favre" now to do? He's told his local paper "there's nothing to it", "it's all rumor"

Until Favre or someone authorized to speak for him comes forward and says "We contacted the Packers about Brett coming out of retirement to play this season and are awaiting their response" then there is NOTHING to any of this. Aside from offseason Forum fodder of course.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:

Exactly!
What is "on Favre" now to do? He's told his local paper "there's nothing to it", "it's all rumor"

Until Favre or someone authorized to speak for him comes forward and says "We contacted the Packers about Brett coming out of retirement to play this season and are awaiting their response" then there is NOTHING to any of this. Aside from offseason Forum fodder of course.

Agreed. All of this because of a story where even the writer said he didn't think it mean that Favre was really coming back.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peter King is about as reliable a source as you can get, though. I didn't really believe any of this crap until King wrote it. He's legit.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
If there is nothing to it.. then Brett should sit down with his buddy at the Sun down there and say "I am not interested in comming back".. simple as that..

This whole thing is stupid beyond believe.. make a choice Brett.. call the Packers brass and tell them yea or nea.. then either deal with it or enjoy your retirement in peace.. no more ****** around.

There should be none of this type of Drama in football.. not an ounce. I wish I knew Brett.. I would love to sit down and really ask him once.. what is the real root of your indecision, he claims time, demand and fatigue.. if that is the really the case.. then it should be pretty easy choice.. if your tired at the end of last season.. this one is going to be no different. probably worse.. but something tells me that isn't it.. just sit on the porch and talk it through so to speak.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not forget Lombardi retired and came back with a different team.......really tarnished his legacy didn't it.

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not forget Lombardi retired and came back with a different team.......really tarnished his legacy didn't it.

Who's Lombardi? He's that guy that coached the Redskins?

Or what's the big fuss about this Jordan guy that played with the Wizards a couple years back.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:

Or what's the big fuss about this Jordan guy that played with the Wizards a couple years back.

yeah and look at what happened to that Chicago Bulls franchise when they focused solely one player for too long including two false retirements... they haven't been a contender since. They never moved on, and look what it got them.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RedSoxExcel said:
dd80forever said:

yeah and look at what happened to that Chicago Bulls franchise when they focused solely one player for too long including two false retirements... they haven't been a contender since. They never moved on, and look what it got them.
You're kidding right? After Jordan's first "false retirement", he came back and they won 3 consecutive championships. What were the Bulls supposed to do? Not take him back? Please tell me you are kidding. Or maybe I misunderstood your point.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
RedSoxExcel said:
dd80forever said:

You're kidding right? After Jordan's first "false retirement", he came back and they won 3 consecutive championships. What were the Bulls supposed to do? Not take him back? Please tell me you are kidding. Or maybe I misunderstood your point.

LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts