For Favre-Firsters only, whatever that means

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
This is a "I hate TT, WAAAAAAAAH!" thread! Not a place for FACTUAL information!!! :wink:

You mean facts like without Favre, GB would not have won the Lombardi trophy since.... well, since Lombardi was coach?
Oh....no doubt Favre was a piece of the puzzle. So was Reggie White........and the rest of the team, and coaches.
If you haven't noticed........we haven't won a SB since 96, and we had Favre all those years. One out of what, 16 years?
Now that those facts have been listed.........have i ever said I DON'T want Favre back? (Go ahead and look.....but you won't find that) what i HAVE stated is that Favre HIMSELF deserves alot of the "hate" for this mess. He did it to himself, he retired, unretired and was going to be welcomed back, then backed out again. Now he supposedly wants back.......although he himself hasn't said anything. He lets his friends and family do the dirty work on that. So please tell me........how exactly is that Ted's fault? What if Favre does another about-face at the last minute? He DOES have a track record in that aspect. What are the Packers supposed to do? Wait, and HOPE that he does in fact come prepared to play?
But go ahead.......keep denying the FACTS, so that you can keep the "TT HATE" alive!
You see......unlike you, i have no hidden agenda. I'm looking at this from the middle. I gave TT time to prove himself before judging him. So far, i think he's done a good job.
I refuse to let Favre do whatever he wants reguardless of what it does to the Packer team, and not hold him accountable for his actions. Do you deny that he deserves alot of the blame for what has transpierd? No one person is more important then the team. I don't care who that is.
TT and MM were set to allow Favre to unretire and return to the team.......please tell me where that was wrong? Who put the kabosh on that??? HMMMM?????

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I refuse to let Favre do whatever he wants reguardless of what it does to the Packer team, and not hold him accountable for his actions. Do you deny that he deserves alot of the blame for what has transpierd? No one person is more important then the team. I don't care who that is.

OK, Cheesy.... I'll bite. Only because you are one of the few regulars that posts here that neither seems like he has some kind of secret agenda for TT, is a sockpuppet nor possesses the IQ of a Down's '****.

Do I think Favre shares some of the blame for this mess? Of course I do. I never once posted that he did not. Additionally, I think TT has done some great things in some areas of the team, and grossly mismanaged others. However my opinion on the current state of events has nothing to do with TT's prior track record prior to the current soap opera in Wisconsin.

My position is this: I am a fan of the Green Bay Packers. As such, I want to see them win championships - now. This team was a FG away from the Super Bowl lin the closing moments of last year's season. The team is young, hungry and talented. One more season's experience could very well push them over the top.

On top of that, we had a HOF QB, who announced his intent to retire at the end of his best season since his MVP days. Although he is 38 years old, he proved to the world last season that he still has everything it takes to play at the World Champion level. Now, like many who exit the workforce before they were truly ready, he wants to come back for the chance to lead this team to the Super Bowl. Reportedly, his former teammates were elated that once again they would be led by arguably the best QB ever to play the game. A QB who demonstrated to the world in 2007 that he is not slowing down any time soon.

However, instead of publically welcoming Favre back to the fold and helping him prepare for wat could be the best season of his career, TT proclaims the team has moved in a different direction. An unproven (although seemingly talented) backup (hand picked by him, naturally) is going to start for the Packers. Despite huge question marks hanging above his durability (and a rookie draftee who has never taken a snap in a pro game as his backup), TT throws away the best chance the team has for a Super Bowl in 2008 in favour of making love to his own ego.

Tell me: Do you honestly think Rodgers is going to be anywhere near as good as Favre in September?

One can only imagine the morale issues this is causing in the Packers' locker room. Hell, if this forum is any indication, I am surprised angry fans themselves havent torched Lambeau Field to the ground. I bought into TTs rebuilding line for 2 years. Last year, we were as close as you get without going to the big game. Do you really want to wait another 2 (or 3 or 4) to see if Rodgers has what it takes to get us there when we have someone who can ready, willing and able to try? Do you think Harris, Driver and Woodson want to? What about Tauscher? Do you not feel these guys deserve their GM to do all that he can to get them there after all the time they spent in the trenches?

If Favre has a mediocre season last year, I may be inclined to feel he should hang it up and make way for new blood. However, his last season was far from mediocre... Why do you think so many fans from other teams are salivating over this situation? I can assure you it is not because they think that Favre is a has been by any stretch of the imagination.

So why is TT throwing away this golden opportunity? You are not going to convince anyone with half a brain in their head that the offense has changed so much in the last 3 months that the man who ran it for 16 seasons couldn't come in and take over efficiently. Nor are you going to make any logical arguement that TT is worried about hurting Rodgers' feelings. The name of this game is to win championships. Period.

So why do you feel that Rodgers' is far better suited to run the offense in 2008? Do you really feel that Favre is that incapable or will walk out on them again before September, and if so, how does that change anything from the situation last week? What happened to TT's claims that competition is healthy for the team? Does that not apply to his QBs anymore?

I just don't understand it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you Anubis, for the well thought out reply.
You are right.....i have no agenda, other then being a loyal Packer fan.
I don't know if Rodgers is prepared or not. I myself haven't seen alot of him. But his coach and GM seem to think so. To me, they are in a better position to judge that. Will it turn out to be right? Only time will tell. Me, i never wanted Favre to leave, period. I cried when i watched his retirement news conference.
Then he wanted back in, and sounds to me like he was going to be allowed to return. He again chose not to. Now, TT and MM have to get ready for the season. They have an entire team to prepare. How dependable is Favre's word, if he can't seem to decide week to week what to do? Are they supposed to sit on their hands until opening day, and HOPE that Favre has made his mind up by then? I'll tell you.....i wouldn't want to be in their shoes right now. This HAS to be messing up the entire team right now.
Yesterday, when i was at the autograph signing, the TV guys were there grilling Ryan Grant on how he felt about all this. You could TELL Grant was tired of the whole mess, and didn't want to talk about it. You can be CERTAIN that EVERY Packer player is getting asked about it every day. If they go to the store, or out for dinner, or out for a few drinks.......SOMEONE is asking them "Is Brett coming back? Do you want him back?" Thats GOT to be grating on their nerves. Heck, channel 12 even asked ME what i thought about it. :wink:

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really can't believe people are going ape**** over this. I've been a Packer fan forever, and I have no problem with Rogers being the QB this season.
What says that even if Brett comes back that the Packers would even get the chance to go the the SB? Is this guaranteed?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two hundred people at the Favre come back rally today.

Crap that's like all of New York, isn't it?

If you put 200 people side by side in seats in one row starting at the endzone... it wouldn't stretch past the 50 yard line. one row.

good riddance, there are 70,000 fans on a waiting list waiting to take these idiots tickets.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if Rodgers is prepared or not. I myself haven't seen alot of him. But his coach and GM seem to think so. To me, they are in a better position to judge that. Will it turn out to be right? Only time will tell.

I'll give MM and TT a little more credit than that. Rodgers DID look good vs. Dallas last year. My main concern with this situation is, given Rodgers apparent propensity for injury, what happens if he goes down Week 2. Is Brohm going to be prepared to take us all the way?

Keep in mind that if this was coming off a 4-12 season, I probably wouldn't care as much. However this team just came off an NFC Championship game that was decided by a field goal. With the team being in the best position it has been in since '97, I can't believe some of the people on here could care if they even make the playoffs, as long as the post-Favre TT era has begun. These people don't sound like they are fans of anything but TT (or sockpuppets for fans of TT - there are a few of those on here as well).

Real fans want to see their team win, and management of that team to do everything realistically possible to ensure the team wins. End of story.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll give MM and TT a little more credit than that. Rodgers DID look good vs. Dallas last year. My main concern with this situation is, given Rodgers apparent propensity for injury, what happens if he goes down Week 2. Is Brohm going to be prepared to take us all the way?

still with the injury bull??? seriously. again no one seems to want to answer this for me. show me a game Rodgers has missed playing time in due to an injury. show me a game where Rodgers has left due to injury.

i could understand this argument if it had one single shred of evidence attached to it. but it doesnt so really its nothing more than slandering the starting QB of the Green Bay Packers.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i could understand this argument if it had one single shred of evidence attached to it. but it doesnt so really its nothing more than slandering the starting QB of the Green Bay Packers.

Yet you still hang on to every word, don't you?

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wischeez said:
What says that even if Brett comes back that the Packers would even get the chance to go the the SB? Is this guaranteed?

So I take it you feel last season was an anomaly? Amazing.

No, not really. Just looking for someone to give an honest answer to the question. And why is it a certainty?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

Yet you still hang on to every word, don't you?

first of all that makes no sense.

second of all, way to answer the question... but i guess you were too busy looking through the stacks and stacks of evidence to support Arod being injury prone.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

How many times has Rogers been injured? 2? Broken foot after having it stepped on by a lineman, and a pulled hamstring( in practice)? How does that assure he is injury prone?

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
second of all, way to answer the question... but i guess you were too busy looking through the stacks and stacks of evidence to support Arod being injury prone.

Actually, I really don't care enough for your opinion to look through stacks and stacks of anything. Hell, if the mods can ever get my ignore button working relaibly, I can forget you even exist in the first place.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I don't know if Rodgers is prepared or not. I myself haven't seen alot of him. But his coach and GM seem to think so. To me, they are in a better position to judge that. Will it turn out to be right? Only time will tell.

Keep in mind that if this was coming off a 4-12 season, I probably wouldn't care as much. However this team just came off an NFC Championship game that was decided by a field goal. With the team being in the best position it has been in since '97, I can't believe some of the people on here could care if they even make the playoffs, as long as the post-Favre TT era has begun. These people don't sound like they are fans of anything but TT (or sockpuppets for fans of TT - there are a few of those on here as well).

Real fans want to see their team win, and management of that team to do everything realistically possible to ensure the team wins. End of story.

I mean, could it have possibly been said any better than that?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts