Football Season Ends, See You Next Season

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll that does it, the defensive problems we've had all year manifested on the final SF drive and ended our season. Considering the injuries and inconsistent play, we probably got farther than we really should have. Interested to see what changes we bring into next season. Have a great off- season everyone!! I am out until then?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
No disputing anything there, Max ... EXCEPT that I got a North Division Championship hat and shirt and my wife's uncle, the Bears fan ... didn't. :)

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
So ends our season but our journey continues. I'm not going to blame this on either offense of defense instead I would like to commend the Pack for their efforts of getting into the playoffs and making a game out of this. I'm very proud of this Packers team. Of all players, injured as well for taking us this far. I'm proud of this team no matter what.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll that does it, the defensive problems we've had all year manifested on the final SF drive and ended our season. Considering the injuries and inconsistent play, we probably got farther than we really should have. Interested to see what changes we bring into next season. Have a great off- season everyone!! I am out until then?
The only change we need is at DC, but given the number of injuries we've had on that side of the ball this year, that probably won't happen. Hopefully our luck will change with injuries next year. That's really all we need. If we have our full slate of preferred starters in this game, like SF did, we win this game by 10.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The only change we need is at DC, but given the number of injuries we've had on that side of the ball this year, that probably won't happen. Hopefully our luck will change with injuries next year. That's really all we need. If we have our full slate of preferred starters in this game, like SF did, we win this game by 10.

I don't know, GPG ... hard to make blanket assertions after 4th loss in a row. Talent has a ton to do with it and there is little doubt which team has the most talent.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope TT has scheduled a meeting with Campen, Lovat and Capers for tomorrow morning.

I thought there was zero chance this team was even getting in so it was cool to have this game and have it so close so late. Keeping the bears out of the playoffs was awesome too. If this team is to get better they have to make changes. There are different excuses every single week and every year but there are 3 constaants and those are campen, Lovat and Capers.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a weird season, we played well today and had a chance to win, it just didn't happen. Oh well.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, GPG ... hard to make blanket assertions after 4th loss in a row. Talent has a ton to do with it and there is little doubt which team has the most talent.
Correction: there is little doubt which team was healthier.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMHO pulling Jones out and replacing him with a gimpy Malumba was the dagger for this game. when Kaep scrambled and ran for a first down Lumba just couldn't hobble to the sideline fast enough, I think Jones would have closed and forced him out probably after a 3-4 yard gain.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMHO pulling Jones out and replacing him with a gimpy Malumba was the dagger for this game. when Kaep scrambled and ran for a first down Lumba just couldn't hobble to the sideline fast enough, I think Jones would have closed and forced him out probably after a 3-4 yard gain.
which jones? I agree that mulumba had the angle to make a play and he just couldnt get there. Was Datone playing outside before? Brad Jones seemed to be playing side by side with mulumba most of the game.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After all the injuries, especially losing Rodgers for virtually half the season, this Packers team won the division and played perhaps the best team in the NFC to the bitter end.
I'm not happy tonight, but this team showed me some toughness this year.

AZpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look guys....you can polish a turd and it's just a shiny turd. The D played decently today, but then regressed on the last drive. The offense laid a couple of eggs today....and there was some questionable calls. Unless we make considerable changes on this team, especially on the defensive side of the ball, we will be on the outside looking in especially in our own division. Detroit definitely has the talent, and now, if they get a decent coach, will be a problem with us.....Chicago is getting better on offense and if their D improves, they will be dangerous.....

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless you can get guys who can stay on the field then this will be the same thing next season. Your front line players get hurt, your at home and on the last drive you have to have guys like Jarrett Bush in the game rushing from the outside committing a cardinal sin against Kappernick by leaving his feet and not containing the edge on the rush.
At some point we have to realize that unless you have players who want to win and know how to win then this will just be the same thing over and over again. It all starts and ends with the defense. It is what wins Championships!

Under Lombardi we had a great Defense!

Under Holmgren we had a great Defense! (Reggie)

Under McCarthy when we had Collins at Safety we had a great Defense.

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where was lattimore? I can't really remember hearing brad jones' name all game. I really hope he gets a fair shake next season and he has a lot more upside. Maybe instead of keeping jones for his ungodly amounts of money a year we can actually play lattimore and maybe get a decent fill in at lb or even corner back. I'd it no wonder why they went after house all game long, he is just bad. Luckily the refs had the flags frozen to their side or I honestly think the game would be a lot more lop sided.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
which jones? I agree that mulumba had the angle to make a play and he just couldnt get there. Was Datone playing outside before? Brad Jones seemed to be playing side by side with mulumba most of the game.

Datone Jones played some OLB and he looked surprisingly athletic out there, almost like a natural position for him. I think we was moving and running better than Lumba was after his injury.