Flynn Signs with Seahawks

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Good luck to him. But, not against the Packers.

I think the Seahawks have potential to suprise. They can play some D and can run the ball.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just remembered- David Garrard is still out there too. If a team is looking for a veteran QB to start, he would be an ideal signing. While he's not great, he's also not terrible, making him a decent choice for a team like the Niners.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just remembered- David Garrard is still out there too. If a team is looking for a veteran QB to start, he would be an ideal signing. While he's not great, he's also not terrible, making him a decent choice for a team like the Niners.

yea there have been a decent amount of reports involving the 49ers interest in him. He spent a year off from football and had surgery so I am sure teams will be timid but I didn't think he was awful when I saw him play. Mediocre, but sometimes middle of the road QB's win championships (see trent dilfer and brad johnson)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Seahawks were underrated last season.

Seahawks are the NFC sleeper next season IMO.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats to him. But all I can take away from this is how stupid the Dolphins are for missing out on yet another chance to get a good QB
Oh you mean like in 2005-2006 when the Drew Brees Tour went to Miami, and the Fins told Brees to blow away as they were pinning their franchise on the arm of Daunte Culpepper instead?
Imagine what would have happened had they not been such idiots there.......

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he can excite the crowd early so they're never out of it, that'll be a tough place to play for 8 games. They have several pro bowlers on defense.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yeah. Packers go to Seattle next year.

Should be fun!!!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another sports forum I visit Dolphins fans absolutely loathe Ross and Ireland
For the first 4 years most posters on Packer Forums loathed TT and MM. Some still do.

Good luck Flynn! I expected you to get a bigger deal. I think those schmucks Kolb and Cassell may have tainted the market slightly. I think you will do fine.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's rumors that Matt Leinart could back up Palmer in Oakland. First & foremost if I'm in the NFL I want to start. If I had to pick 1 person who's had the easiest job in the NFL it's Matt Leinart. Talk about a cushy job. Get paid MILLIONS to be a bench warmer & some teams just don't realize how bad he sucks as a QB. But if I were in his spot I'd let them pay me as well

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I hope they kick the crap out of the Niners. I was kinda on the Niners wagon a bit last year at times as a sleeper but since they signed Moss and now are creating this QB drama I am turned off.

People seem to assume they will repeat success. Jim Harbaugh is a good coach but people are acting like he is Lombardi after one year in this league. I remember how much praise Jim Caldwell and the Colts got after the SB run in 2009 too.

So go Seahawks, in the NFC West at least.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
ESPN reporting this. $26 mil deal over three years with $10 mil guaranteed.
If this is true, it's the answer to the question why the Packers didn't franchise Flynn. A team would have had to be willing to guarantee him the franchise number or trading for him would have made no sense. We (certainly including me) over-valued Flynn's market value. I thought he'd be worth more in this QB-driven league. Teams low balling him certainly isn't the atmosphere in which a tag and trade for him could have happened. My guess is Thompson and staff found this out a while ago.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The Seahawks really were not that bad of an average team last year. I would take them before I take the Dolphins.

Go back and look at their games last year. All they really needed was a quarterback. Their defense was stepping up in big games, Mr Skittles was riding the rainbow to the endzone for their offense.

Here are games they could have won -
Tavarais Jackson's big fumble ended up costing them against the 49ers, as the Niners kicked a field goal and won (19-17)

They led a really nice comeback over the Falcons who led by 20, and they ended up losing off a missed field goal (28-30) the two interceptions probably cost them too.

Barely losing 6 to 3 against the Browns, Charlie Whitehurst terrible 12-30 for 97 yards, and and INT cost them big in that game, when he was supposed to be "the man that didn't get a chance for starter job"

Those 3 games could have easily made them 10-6 for a wildcard game, or even 9-7 for that matter. Matt Flynn should surely help them out, but I hope they actually protect him and get him some weapons.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Looking better and better for him. With Peyton saying no to SF. and Alex Smith crying somewhere across the country right now the Niners have to mend the chemistry of the team again.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely want to see what the turnout is gonna be like in Seattle! I'm going for sure!

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely want to see what the turnout is gonna be like in Seattle! I'm going for sure!
The turn out will be sold out so get your tics asap. I've heard thats the noisest place in the NFL & the hardest place to play is Lambeau.

packersflow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He could do quite well I think Rodgers trained him well looking at his play last season. They may be able to compete with the Niners now. Regardless anything is an improvement of Jackson.

PackersandPokemon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was kind of hoping to see him follow Philbin to the Dolphins, but I wish Matt Flynn luck, and I think he'll see his fair share of success in Seattle.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts