Fluster Vick and they might bench him...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
On Sunday, Eagles backup-turned-starter-turned-backup Kevin Kolb will get the start against the Cowboys.

Next weekend, Mike Vick is expected to start the game. The question is whether he’ll finish it.

Sal Paolantonio of ESPN told Jon Kincade of ESPN Radio on Sunday that coach Andy Reid could bench Vick for Kolb, if Vick struggles in the wild-card game.

Paolantonio said that the ESPN NFL Matchup crew noticed that Vick isn’t recognizing blitzes, and that Reid twice let Vick know about it during Tuesday night’s loss to the Vikings.

Paolantonio explained that Vick didn’t practice in the days preceding the regular-season finale against the Cowboys because he was putting in extra time studying the 3-4 defense orchestrated by Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers.

Vick could be benched next week | ProFootballTalk

Very, very interesting. I'd much rather get Kolb out there and take our chances with him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as the O plays hard we can beat anyone.
The D will be there. This is the best D I've seen since the 96' season. Maybe even better.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
IDC who plays, just so long as we prepare adequately for both. Even if we don't, I'm confident Capers has the genius to adjust midgame to whoever is back there.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow. and if anyone actually believes Kolb will play against GB in the playoffs, I have some land in California I want to sell you. lol. Pay no attention; Vick will be in there. He's one of the guys that got them there. And he already has a V vs. GB in the playoffs. It'd be nice to get some payback.
look out as I think the Eagles may be playing possum. There is plenty of ways they could beat us, the question will be if the D shows up next week. Exciting time to be a packer fan.

L

Lunchboxer

Going to be a long game if we cant stop Vick.

If we stop vick we win the game.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are just doing this to mess with GB as far as game planning. It only takes Vick a quarter to turn a game around so I can't see them pulling him.

It's going to be a tough game, no doubt about it.

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's going to be tough... What is Reid's record for opening playoff games? Last years article states he was undefeated in playoff openers, http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2010/01/philadelphia_eagles_coach_andy.html.

What is his record for games after a bye week (resting his starters is very much like a bye). An article here states
Since taking over as Eagles coach, Andy Reid is 11-0 in the game following the team's bye week
(Andy Reid owns the bye week - NFC East Blog - ESPN)

I hope we destroy the Eagles and ruin these stats.

EDIT: Oops I guess Cowboys broke the playoff record last year, didn't they? But still, Eagles are dominating that stat.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Judging from watching the Vikings-Eagles game. the Vikings got pressure and Vick would make poor pass decisions. Theres no reason to believe that if we brought the pressure he wouldnt do the same thing. if our offense doesnt turn the ball over we can definitely put points up on their weak secondary.

its going to be tough, but i think the Pack can pull this one off.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not hearing anything on the Philly sports news about Vick not playing the whole game next week. The Eagles rested a bunch of their starters against the Cowboys last week and thus took the loss. Unlike the Bears who played all their starters and still didn't win (sorry, can't resist). Vick has a shoulder contusion (?) or something of the like that he suffered on the first play in the Vikings game. I'm gonna keep my ear to the ground here in Philly and I'll let you guys know if I hear anything about Vick not playing the whole game. Say what you will, but that can be huge for us. Beware of tricks, I don't trust the Eagles.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He can study all he likes, I like to think Dom Capers might have the intellectual edge in this one

Dom Campers, in his little box upstairs, is like God talking to his people -- guiding them to salvation.

A little much....?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Dom Campers, in his little box upstairs, is like God talking to his people -- guiding them to salvation.

A little much....?

Yeah, just a tad.

More like Moses leading his people to the Promised Land! :happy0005:

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvMF6h_EoKE]YouTube - Clay Matthews sacks Michael Vick[/ame]

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
IMO we need to blitz ALOT get vick tired and start throwing those dumb passes. Hit em about 3 times and let him know those legs aint gonna get the job done. I rather him throw then run, vikings should have had like 4 picks on him when they played if tramon chuck shields and the rest can take advantage of those we can pull this off reallllllllly nice. Lets go!

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1rGowoTeiY]YouTube - Clay Matthews sacks Kevin Kolb[/ame]

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
As long as the O plays hard we can beat anyone.
The D will be there. This is the best D I've seen since the 96' season. Maybe even better.

Agreed, I'm leaning toward better to be honest. Although the one in 96 took a lot of balls away too. I just don't remember them being as exciting at the 2010 one. Maybe that has more to do with the 3-4 now as a more attacking type of D.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The danger with blitzing Vick is if/when he gets around the blitzers, he's capable of going all the way, a la a Chris Johnson or Steve Young, or Michael Vick. And we can't let DeSean Jackson be matched up 1-on-1 too many times. LeSean McCoy can hurt us out of the backfield too. And Maclin is capable of big plays as well. We contained them all pretty well in week one.

I don't want to blitz 3 or 4 guys, but blitz 1 or 2 and mix it up. Antoine Winfield got to Vick off the edge a lot. The Eagles will be looking for Woodson every play. He won't sneak up on Vick ever. So, Capers will be smart enough and will decoy Woodson a lot, and come with someone else opposite side, same side, up the A gaps, etc.

I want to see a lot of this:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

But we could see this, and that scares me.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Put Walden on him as a Spy! Just a thought. Dunno if he has the speed/quickness though.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Put Walden on him as a Spy! Just a thought. Dunno if he has the speed/quickness though.

Other teams have tried this and got destroyed. Vick is Superman. We just need to hope capers has that kypotonite

Members online

Latest posts