First Trip to Lambeau!

GTfalconATL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Packers fans,

Making my first trip to Lambeau next weekend...I'm a big Falcons fan but I am going to Lambeau whether they beat the Giants today or not, tickets are already in hand! If the Falcons lose today, I'll be dressed in green next week. Either way, I'm extremely excited about making the trip to Green Bay. Here's my question...

First off, I'll be with my girl friend who has no idea where we are going, but is a big football fan (Colts, actually), but would love to experience a Packers game at Lambeau.

I land in Milwaukee on Saturday morning....which option should I do?:

1) Go straight to Green Bay after landing and do the Lambeau Field Tour, eat at Curly's, and just make it an entire Green Bay/Packers weekend experience.

2) After landing in Milwaukee, take Amtrak to Chicago (1 hour, I hear) and spend the day there (please remove all thoughts about the Bears before responding, just pretend they have nothing to do with Chicago! haha). Let the girlfriend shop and ring up some credit card damage, eat Chicago pizza, and maybe site see a little, somewhat letting her call the shots for the day. Then stay in Chi or Milwaukee and head to Green Bay very early on Sunday).

3) Last option- Stay in Milwaukee for awhile after landing, maybe do the MillerCoors Brewery tour, then head up to Lambeau for a night stadium tour, and end the day there and get a hotel in a nearby town (too expensive in GB, so maybe Appleton or something) and head to the game on Sunday.

So, what would y'all (I'll use some southern talk here) do...and I know you guys are die hard Packers fans, but would you consider doing any of the other options mentioned? I want to make it the most enjoyable trip for both of us. Thanks a lot! Go Packers and be sure to root for the Falcons today! Either way, seeya next weekend!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

#2 sounds fun but your going to waste too much time traveling.

#1 is a decent option, but ill be honest with you, not a whole lot to do in the GB area. Its football 24/7 there and not much else.

Do you have a hotel already? I would HIGHLY suggest figuring that out asap as most of them are filled up all the way to Oshkosh.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont forget the harley museum or the EAA in Oshkosh. Fox Valley has a decent mall too for your gf

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flew down last year to see a game. Drove from Vancouver to Seattle. Caught a plane to Denver, transferred to a flight to GB. We bought a package deal. Stayed at the Hilton 2 blocks from Lambeau. Spent the day at the stadium, Curly's pub is great, took the tour of the Hall of Fame, hit the souvenir shop and spent a bunch of money. We hit every bar in the vicinity, Stadium bar was the best!!
Remember it was just 2 guys... so what else would you do!!
You have to hit a Tailgate Party... I never have experienced something like that before... yes Americans know how to have fun, Canadians are too stuffy and boring!! but we're Polite....
You will have fun... Wish I was going to be there!!

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun trip. There's a pretty decent sized mall outside of Appleton (approximately 30 minutes from Green Bay) where your girlfriend could do some retail therapy if you didn't want to make the trip to Chicago. Have fun and enjoy our cheesy state.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't go to Chicago (and I say this as a person who adores Chicago). You'll spend way too much time traveling. Make sure you know where you'll be staying - if you haven't booked a hotel yet, that will probably determine your weekend plans. Since you're arriving in Milwaukee on Saturday morning, you have some time before you'll need to head to GB. I would say either spend the day in Milwaukee, the night if you want, and then head to GB early Sunday morning, or go right to the area. If you haven't booked a hotel yet you'll probably be staying at least an hour from GB. Like others have mentioned, the Appleton mall (fine, Fox River Mall - who calls it that anymore?) has decent shopping.

Reaction score
GTfalconATL,
If you choose to spend some time in Milwaukee you should definitely do the Harley Davidson museum tour! Miller Brewery tour? If you have NOTHING else to do, might as well. I would also recommend the things you mentioned in GB. Have fun!!
"Trapped In Vikingville"

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
My brother in Milwaukee thought he could take the AMTRAK and work in Chicago. That lasted about two months. Trains are always late/cancelled/derailing. Some nights he would leave work at 4 and not get home till about 9.

Members online

Latest posts