First game at Lambeau...ADVICE PLEASE

GBPackers22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a longtime Pack fan from Erie, PA. I have been to Packer games in both Cleveland in Pittsburgh but I have said for the last 3-4 years it will be the year I make my first trip to Lambeau. I have failed each year. WELL THIS IS THE YEAR I will say I am going to a Pack game in Green Bay and stick to my commitment.

Since it is a 10 hour drive from Erie (and I will most likely be making the trip by myself) I want to make sure I get the full experience. There are not many Pack fans in Erie and none of my friends are excited about spending the money to go so flying solo seems like my only option. I am sure any game I go to will be a great experience but I'm looking for some suggestions. Should I shoot for a noon game, 3:30 game, or prime time? Currently the 3 options I have in mind are the Lions, Browns, or Bears on Monday night. The Bears game be the most difficult for me to attend and is later in the year so the drive would most likely be unpleasant but I haven't necessarily ruled it out.

My other question is how many hours before game time do people start tailgating? If I'm making the 10 hour trip I might as well extend my stay as long as I can. Any other tips involving parking, where to sit, things that I should see or do at or around the stadium, or what/where I should eat - would be greatly appreciated.

I realize I can probably Google some information but I figured I'd like to get opinions from the Pack faithful. Thanks!

Last edited:
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

GBP22, you lucky dog, You may want to get with another forum member before you get your ticket. Make a new friend and meet them to go with to the game. You could arrange to meet somewhere before the game, tailgate before the game, etc...
I could not, as it would not work out for me and my current situation, but I'd guess it might be a possible way to go. A local or semi-local GB member could be a great tour guide and may just be "the beginning of a new friendship".

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For noon games I've seen people starting to tailgate as early as 8am (the norm seems to be 9, though). The stadium is between Ashwaubenon and Green Bay, separated by Lombardi Ave. When I say "Ashwaubenon side" I mean "the other side of Lombardi."

Parking: Try for a side street. Either on the Green Bay side (Shadow down to Biemeret, and don't forget Ridge Road! Lots of tailgaters there!), or the Ashwaubenon side. Lots of residents will allow you to tailgate right where you park. Parking ranges from free (if you get a spot on a side street and not in someone's yard) to about $20.

Food: Krolls is always good and is right across from the stadium on Ridge Road (Ashwaubenon side). Stadium View is great, too. It's located on Holmgren Way, close to Lombardi Ave.

Things to Do: Packers Hall of Fame, Packers tour... and make sure you go to the Pro Shop at the atrium.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Parking lots open 3 hours? before a game..Ridge road is easy to park on and then leave..We have same spot for last couple years.

Hang out at Curly's pub to eat and when done, no traffic

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Advice for Lambeau first game? Don't eat yellow snow. Look for the drunk guy wearing green and gold. Take a breath before you enter the stadium. That'll do.

Members online

Latest posts