Fire Norv Turner blog

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
This is just hilarious, glad we are not Charger fans

http://www.firenorv.net/

Also read this article on the front page

Anyone who goes out downtown knows that many of the Chargers 'star' players are out drinking on Friday and Sat. nights before games. I don't care how good of shape you are in 36 hours is not enough time to shake off a late 2am night of drinking.
Everyone in the bar industry knows whats going on. Guys hiding liqur in cans of soda or redbull so it doesnt look like they are drinking. Out until after the bar closes. Players have even been at 5-10 parties lately! For those that dont know this is a bar that opens from 5am to 10am to collect all the people who are still up partying from the night before.....
But this really goes back to management and coaching who are letting this go on. If your a professional athlete and cant stop partying during the season your an alcoholic. Period.

Wow....

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
This is just hilarious, glad we are not Charger fans

http://www.firenorv.net/

Also read this article on the front page

Wow....

I can actually cut Norv some slack this year. After crappy draft picks and almost ZERO free agency pickups the team has withered down to something resembling a former supermodel that has been on a **** binge for 12 months. We already are 90 lbs with soars on our arms and legs and were about to loose the teeth. Well maybe losing this game and not making the playoffs 2 years in a row is the teeth.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
This is from January 10th 2010 after losing to the Jets in the playoffs

AJ Smith said that he wanted to have a coach that could win playoff games. Marty went 14-2 and was let go for it. Norv turner got his chance and didnt best Marty S. record.

So. I would have to assume if AJ is an honest person he is going to fire Norv Turner tomorrow.

For the record. I dont think its Norv's fault the Chargers lost. Sure, the play calling was WAY OFF what had got them the 11 game winning streak but the Chargers just didnt play that hard.

I fell bad for Norv. If you follow AJ's history Norv SHOULD be fired for only going 13-3 and losing the first playoff game they got to. Numbers are simple and the last great head coach got fired for going 14-2 and losing the playoff game.

SO.. Here we are. AJ. what are you going to do? Do you hire and fire coaches for personal reasons or for performance reasons. I guess we will find out this week.

As far as I can tell a team on the way to the superbowl was disrupted and a new coach was hired. 3 Years into it that guy stumbled in the same place.

Norv. Id look for a new place to live. You see...

In SAN DIEGO WE FIRE 14-2 coaches. So an 13-3 should surely get the ax.

Its a real shame.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
You know whats sad? Two of their playoff wins were over the Colts under Norv. They just own the Colts for some reason and it was always sickening to me. The rest of the teams in the AFC? Nah.

So really I wanted Denver to win today. I wanted SD to be put to sleep and not to hear about their playoff hopes alive again, kinda like the Eagles.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You know whats sad? Two of their playoff wins were over the Colts under Norv. They just own the Colts for some reason and it was always sickening to me. The rest of the teams in the AFC? Nah.

So really I wanted Denver to win today. I wanted SD to be put to sleep and not to hear about their playoff hopes alive again, kinda like the Eagles.

That's understandable.

The Chargers to me are always the most overrated team in the AFC, and have been since they fired Marty.

Yeah sure, they love to trash the guy for his playoff record, but that was Marty's team in San Diego. Everywhere he coaches he has built a good team for the future, with the exception of Washington, because cheap *** Dan Synder likes to spend his money on sponsors and free agents.

How do you go 13-3, win 11 straight in 2009 and lose to the Jets at home?

The only other team I can remember in the AFC that won 11 straight and lost in the first round was my Houston Oilers, and it was that nightmare against Buffalo :cry:

Chargers are just cheap, that's why they didn't even try to keep Brees, or Turner, or Sproles, and so on down the list.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts