Fire mike mccarthy now !!!!!!! ?????

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mm is a good coach I think your just saying gruden because he's more in he public eye and he seems line a likable guy. That supe bowl ring that gruden has is made from a premade team. Not his draft choices. That's just IMO.

For the record, I like MM. I think he's done a much better job for us than I initially expected, and I wouldn't replace him after this season, especially considering the key guys we lost for the season. I would give him one more year to see what he could do with a full, injury free roster.

That said, while I agree with the part about people looking only for candidates with name recognition to take over as head coach, it's worth pointing out that the team Gruden played against in that Super Bowl was a team he built, consisting of his draft choices. IIRC, the Raiders also went to the AFC CG the year before (Tuck rule game), also under Gruden's tutelage. The guy went 40-28 in his last four years with Oakland.

It can also be argued that extenuating circumstances played a key role in Tampa's mass suckage since their Super Bowl win. Tampa Bay gave Oakland two first round picks and two second round picks for Gruden, which is just a **** load of high picks. From [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Gruden"]wikipedia[/ame]:

In the two years following Gruden's Super Bowl win, the Bucs went 7–9 and 5–11 respectively, implying to many Dungy supporters that Gruden had simply taken over a strong team and then driven it into the ground. However, the high draft picks sacrificed by the team to acquire Gruden, along with salary-cap issues and failed draft choices forced upon him by the now-departed Rich McKay (with whom Gruden had an bitter relationship) limited Gruden's ability to field the teams he wanted after that successful Super Bowl-winning season.

While I'm not going to scream and beg and plead our front office to go after Gruden, if we were to go out and grab a coach with a name and reputation, I wouldn't mind taking him over Cowher or Parcells. I think it would be interesting to see what he and TT could do together.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Why is MM such a good coach? What has he done that Gruden hasn't? Other than develop Rodgers, I haven't seen much. I'm just curious. I understand the "give him the rest of the year argument," but I just don't see what he's done to be regarded as a good coach.

2. We have a premade team...we also have someone other than our head coach to make our draft choices.

Well, let me counter that by asking why MM is such a *bad* coach?

To your point though, the only thing he hasn't done that Gruden has is win a Super Bowl. I'm convinced this would have been the year had we not lost some key guys early in the season. Hell, he was one bad pass away from taking us in 2007. Not his fault Brett opted to throw the game away.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Well, let me counter that by asking why MM is such a *bad* coach?

To your point though, the only thing he hasn't done that Gruden has is win a Super Bowl. I'm convinced this would have been the year had we not lost some key guys early in the season. Hell, he was one bad pass away from taking us in 2007. Not his fault Brett opted to throw the game away.
I don't think he's a terrible coach, but I don't think he's a good coach and I want a good coach. He's got positives, as you've pointed out, but he also has negatives. The way I see it, he has trouble adapting to changing game plans, to different circumstances within a game. He hasn't done a very good job of adapting our offense to the injuries we have on that side of the ball. I know we can blame most of our problems this season on injuries, but on offense, we've only lost 2 big players in Finley and Grant. We still have stellar WR's, and people have noticed that for some reason or another, BJax has stepped up a bit. So why are we still struggling to score points? You can blame players all day long, but it comes back to the coach to put everything together.

As a fan, I'm not OK with mediocrity, I want to see us win and in convincing style. I'm sick of backing down with a decent lead, it leads to anxiety late in games and unnecessary stress on the team.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, no, it comes down to the coach to coach. I'd agree with you that the coaching is poor if our offense was moving with any sort of efficiency and we were still losing, but that's not really the case. It's still up to the players to execute. While I think he certainly has play calls that leave people scratching their heads, it's still up to the receivers to catch the ball, Rodgers to put the ball where they can catch it and for our O-Line to protect him and not take penalties.

Our offense has been flat all season long, and I believe most of this is due to poor execution than poor coaching. McCarthy can only do so much to light a fire under their collective *****, and he can only make so many adjustments. Ultimately the players need to step it up and execute.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Well, no, it comes down to the coach to coach. I'd agree with you that the coaching is poor if our offense was moving with any sort of efficiency and we were still losing, but that's not really the case. It's still up to the players to execute. While I think he certainly has play calls that leave people scratching their heads, it's still up to the receivers to catch the ball, Rodgers to put the ball where they can catch it and for our O-Line to protect him and not take penalties.

Our offense has been flat all season long, and I believe most of this is due to poor execution than poor coaching. McCarthy can only do so much to light a fire under their collective *****, and he can only make so many adjustments. Ultimately the players need to step it up and execute.
It is up to him though. He has to try and light a fire, we can't just get rid of all our players because they aren't performing well. Someone has to step up and encourage the group. We can't just have a group of players saying "what do we do" and a head coach saying "I hope they get their **** together."

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand, but how do you know he's not getting after them behind the scenes in the locker room?

Remember last seasons Tampa Bay game? Much of the same things were said about firing McCarthy, that he doesn't inspire his players, etc. Then, a week later after the Dallas game, Nick Barnett gave the coach the game ball for taking all the heat because the players were under-performing. The players came out and vocalized their support for MM, saying their lack of performance was on them, not him. That tells me the players respect him.

There's only so much he can do to motivate and encourage before the responsibility has to fall on the players. Outside of benching guys for poor performance, I'm not sure what else he could be doing to motivate the guys.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I understand, but how do you know he's not getting after them behind the scenes in the locker room?

Remember last seasons Tampa Bay game? Much of the same things were said about firing McCarthy, that he doesn't inspire his players, etc. Then, a week later after the Dallas game, Nick Barnett gave the coach the game ball for taking all the heat because the players were under-performing. The players came out and vocalized their support for MM, saying their lack of performance was on them, not him. That tells me the players respect him.

There's only so much he can do to motivate and encourage before the responsibility has to fall on the players. Outside of benching guys for poor performance, I'm not sure what else he could be doing to motivate the guys.
How do you know he is motivating them behind the scenes? We can't really make any assumptions here. Even if he is, it's not working the way it should. Something needs to change, maybe he should get a little bit more animated on the sidelines, start riding players more when they don't perform. Maybe that would take a little pressure off Rodgers and he can focus on performing and not motivating the team all the time.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Something needs to change, maybe he should get a little bit more animated on the sidelines, start riding players more when they don't perform.

I said it before in this thread?

He hasnt done it in the 5 years or what ever he has been here..What makes you think he will start now?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I said it before in this thread?

He hasnt done it in the 5 years or what ever he has been here..What makes you think he will start now?
Well, LTF, that was all hypothetical, that's my point. I was making those arguments for what he should be doing, not what I think he can do. These are just a few things he should be doing that he's not, which is why he'll never be a great coach.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bill Belichick doesn't either, and I'd argue he's a tremendous coach.
like i said before, by his facial expressions you can tell the players know whats coming.. its like with my parents when i was a child, they wouldnt yell at me then and there when i did something wrong, but i knew by thier face that i was getting it when i got home.. MM just looks dumbfounded out there

Tileman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way McCarthy gets fired now or at the end of the season, unless Murphy gets the balls to fire both him & TT. I've always been in TT's corner, but not getting a RB like Lynch was inexcusable in my opinion. I think we're stuck for at least 2 more years with both. They're attached at the hip.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess mm should be like singletary, he's animated and the niners still are losing. Now if were getting blown out in games I can see maybe.

Tileman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No the Packers aren't getting blown out of games {yet}, they play solid for 45 minutes, but someone needs to clue McCarthy in that the games are 60 minutes long.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No the Packers aren't getting blown out of games {yet}, they play solid for 45 minutes, but someone needs to clue McCarthy in that the games are 60 minutes long.

I think its more like they play about 25 minutes of solid football.

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what a great win.........
NO bigby, harris, neal, jenkins, burnett, barnett, tauscher, finely, grant, martin, jolly
including a unhealthy c.matthews, peprah, chillar, driver, collins, woodson

I WONT RUIN THE WIN BY *****ING ABOUT MCCARTHY TONITE..............
I SAID TONITE......

i will discuss later in the week....
peace out ..

go pack go !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I was all aboard the Fire McCarthy train after that last 4th and 1. The playcall, the decision to pass on the field goal, just hated all of it.

Still a great win, though, so all is forgiven.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I was all aboard the Fire McCarthy train after that last 4th and 1. The playcall, the decision to pass on the field goal, just hated all of it.

Still a great win, though, so all is forgiven.
Not forgiven. Clear problems on MM's end in that game. I'm with dog though, I'll hold off until later, I just want to enjoy this for what it is and what it means.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I should've ended that post with "all is temporarily forgiven", because like you guys I don't feel like dwelling on that.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the best games of MM. Yes, the second 4th down call was bad, but the playbook all around was great today. Specially the screens, kept them off balance.

Today, even if we lost, I would have no problem with MM.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought all in all he called a very good game. I like that he went for it on 4th down, though he should have challenged the grab by Jennings on 3rd. I felt like it should have been a first due to forward progress.

Either way, I really hope this becomes a turning point for us. All in all I thought there were relatively few mistakes on offense, and while I would have loved to have seen more pressure from our D, I think they did a pretty decent job. Special teams really needs work though.. We need to stop kicking to some guys.

Anyway, lets enjoy it and look forward to the Jets. I know I am.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM called a gg, and that fake field goal was a good call quarl was wide open i think he got to damn excited. MM i got ya back. MM nice challenges on both of those overturned calls.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first game where MM had 2 good red flags go. W's allow alot to be forgotten, but lets not forget that this game is O.V.E.R. had we put up ANY of the 3 RZ trips that ended with zero points, and given Crosby the shot for 50.

I rag on Crosby a LOT, but to give him NO shots shows just how little confidence you have in his leg. AND: we did not convert ANY of those "within" FG range tries.

To me that = 12 point attempts left on the board (2 Fgs, 2 INTs) at worst, 6 "gimme" FG points from within the RZ, a TO at the 10, and a Fake FG/ P/ Whatever that would have been AMAZING had he landed it.

At a min, we left 3 scoring drives on the field with no points. Lets not call it a great game by anny means for MM. Lets just say he showed some guts for the first time moreso than he EVER has before.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

would you rather have this ******? he'd trade away Rodgers, Jennings, Matthews, Bulaga & anyone else he seems to believe doesn't fit his "scheme" or "system" if I was a Broncos fan I'd kiss the season GOODBYE! At least we have a CORE GROUP of guys that MM & TT have been building on for a few seasons now...we don't got it that bad & I LOVE MM aggressiveness on the fake-FG-formation-pass-attempt...sent a message to the other team "DON'T F*K W/ US!"

Members online

Latest posts