Fire mike mccarthy now !!!!!!! ?????

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
should any team that is 3-2 right now fire their coach,saints are one of them they lost to the cards,right now they need to find why they are playing crummy football,the talent is there even with key players gone,they held their own in this last game it shows skins are not the best,we had backups in the d-line that kept it together for the stretch even with penalties,skins did not put up a lot of points on us for that our team played great most backups would make big mistakes mcnabb would have scored a lot and dint so i'm not discouraged,think this team will get it together we could be the boys or the vikes right now,m.m will make changes and get this team together.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me, when I start saying fire the coach I'm usually speaking out of frustration on a team that is so much better than what they are playing. Because I just can't run around here all day breaking stuff, I have to channel my rage at somebody. Unfortunately for MM, he usually lands up in my cross-hairs because he is the one in power, the one making the decisions, so it's his head that's on the block when something goes wrong. Funny thing is, when this team turns it around and all is right with the universe, we will be singing his praises.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SR, I didn't call you a wannabe, just said that kind of talk is heard from a lot of wannabes. If you were successful with that approach good on you, I'm sure your young men appreciated it. But, as a coach, you also know you can't afford to jump to conclusions. Assess your situation, work up a game plan, and teach your team to execute. Once the whistle blows, it's on them. Still too early to wash this season out, let's see if the coaches can do their jobs.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we lost two games, albeit with leads that we should have kept, by a total of 6 points. this is fixable. stop going insane people.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But, as a coach, you also know you can't afford to jump to conclusions. Assess your situation, work up a game plan, and teach your team to execute. Once the whistle blows, it's on them. Still too early to wash this season out, let's see if the coaches can do their jobs.
THAT right there is what MM hasnt been able to do in five seasons, so what gives me hope its going to change is all im saying

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THAT right there is what MM hasnt been able to do in five seasons, so what gives me hope its going to change is all im saying

Don't disagree but he was kind of hamstrung the first two with the prima donna. He's really only had his system in place a couple of seasons, but six years is long enough to build a legacy so lets see what his staff can do the rest of the season. Like I said earlier, I am not a Mike McCarthy fan, I am a Packer fan. Just think it's too early to abandon hope and the situation is a lot cloudier than it should be with all the injuries.

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True MM all but ignored a running game that was finally emerging. But the 4th and goal call? Come on man! If you're going to go for it on 4th down at the one, you'd better believe you can hammer it in with your FB or sneak it over. Otherwise, kick the friggin field goal moron! You don't pass on 4th and goal from the one unless you're behind and you need a TD to win/tie! If Finley were playing, I'd cut some slack because you could always toss a jump ball and he has a good chance of coming away with it, but he was long gone. Why do you think ALL teams in the NFL take the extra point instead of going for 2 unless they have to? Because it's not a high percentage pass and a run from the 2 isn't easy against a goal line defense. These are fundamental coaching decisions that are being missed here and it's not like we're learning from our mistakes either. Time and time again we talk about play calling, decision making, clock management. These are coaching 101 type mistakes. I don't care that he's a good offensive coach - he makes bad decisions and worse yet, he doesn't learn from them. Is it hopeless - no. But I'm getting sick of this crap all the time.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM is bad, plain and simple. He's ultra-conservative with a lead... loves long field goals... doesn't coach the game being played (shown by abandoning a successful run game on Sunday)

You don't judge good or bad by record. Norv Turner wins the AFC West each year, but can't coach a meaningful game for his life.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
to be honest, being able to make long field goals is not a luxury many teams have. yea mason gets his share for **** around here, but anything 50+ really is a crap shoot. to be anything above 50% is really pretty good. especially in open air. yea mason donked the game winner, but really, theres not much ANY kicker could have done. would you rather we punted on 4th from their 30? its a field position difference of, 15 yards or so, and they could run back the punt. against possibility of points and kicking off. really now?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ray Rhodes

So why was Ray Rhodes fired after only one losing season and yet the Pack is still keeping MM around?

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea, it has appeared that hes been conservative lately, though to be entirely honest i think its really a matter or the Oline getting tired late in the games and not holding up as well and the offense sputtering as a result

i really think that once we shore up the oline, quick fix, bulaga, LT, lang, RT, that our offensive production will go back to where it should be. and it wont be so conservative anymore.

the oline is responsible for alot more than just keeping rodgers upright. and not many blame them or praise them for it.

i really wish there was a way to just yell at mccarthy to make some quick fixes that would help everything. anyone have any ideas on how to do so? lol

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Yea, it has appeared that hes been conservative lately, though to be entirely honest i think its really a matter or the Oline getting tired late in the games and not holding up as well and the offense sputtering as a result

i really think that once we shore up the oline, quick fix, bulaga, LT, lang, RT, that our offensive production will go back to where it should be. and it wont be so conservative anymore.

the oline is responsible for alot more than just keeping rodgers upright. and not many blame them or praise them for it.

i really wish there was a way to just yell at mccarthy to make some quick fixes that would help everything. anyone have any ideas on how to do so? lol
Wait, I'm confused, how does o-line play affect MM's play calls? The argument is that he's got the wrong game plan with no means of adapting to any deviations from his plan mid game. I think even if we had Miami's o-line, MM would still follow an identical game plan of passing all the time, even at inappropriate times.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, I'm confused, how does o-line play affect MM's play calls? The argument is that he's got the wrong game plan with no means of adapting to any deviations from his plan mid game. I think even if we had Miami's o-line, MM would still follow an identical game plan of passing all the time, even at inappropriate times.

I think he does make adjustments, it just seems like he doesnt because maybe the opponent makes adjustments too, and it has no effect. we saw what happened in the bills game after halftime. oline play effects playcalls alot, if theyre getting to aaron alot then they go quick passes. if our guys hadnt dropped 6 in a row or 5 in a row or something, MM would have been a genius when he started calling the plays like that. because of the drops he had to work with something else. so on and so forth. Yes he didnt run with jackson alot but honestly without the 70 yard run he wasnt impressive at all. again. i think they need kuhn as the feature back with jackson as the 3rd down back.

adisonjackson12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on guys, go easy on him. Are you not being a bit harsh towards McCarthy. He is probably the best player the Green Bay Packers have had in a long time. So, just give him another chance.

Packincite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your quick to blame TT and pass off the coach as not the problem is unfounded. Why? Well, state your reasons why TT is more to fault than the head coach. No exagerations, please, just facts why TT is to blame. TT would have to be micro-managing to be guilty over MM, and if MM is guilty of allowing it then he is a poor leader at best. And a poor leader allows or puts up with lack of discipline, which is now suspect in view of all the unwarranted penalties which have become a laughing stock to say the least. Could it be that MM is now losing control of the team and the effects are now coming to the surface? Only time will tell !

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7 passes and 3 runs, including a pass on 3rd and 1, in the "4 minute offense", is anything but conservative. I'm just saying.

Please see every other game coached in the past three year. Rewatch the Eagles game. That 20 point lead dwindled awfully quickly.

Mko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not believe that firing him is the answer (IMO).

If we were not plagued with injuries right now we could probably be 5-0...then we would see posts that Mike McCarthy should be Coach of the Year. I think we are blaming him for the injuries and 3-2 start, when it is not his fault alone (everyone is making mistakes, not just him).

Is it MM fault that Donald Driver dropped four passes (or was it three)? No (he is a veteran player and needs to make those catches)
Is it MM fault that Donald Lee fumbled on the first drive? No (also a veteran, just needs to work on ball security)
Is it MM fault that Charles Woodson had penalties on the game losing drives of both losses (WAS and CHI) that gave opponents automatic first downs? No (another veteran - he plays such physical football that something like that is going to be called). Penalties are often associated with coaching, but when it is a veteran player (Woodson, Tauscher, etc.) they need to know better???
Is it MM fault that Aaron Rodgers threw the overtime INT that led to a game-winning FG? No (a punt would have been better than a forced throw)

Do I agree that he is not adapting very well to the injuries and changes? FOR SURE! I personally don't like their play calling this season (i.e. it was my opinion that we abandoned the run way too early yesterday). Also, the team developed some good chemistry in the preseason, and now with new injuries each week they have to redevelop that chemistry EACH week. I'm sure MM is frustrated in addition to the players, I just don't think it is fair to put all of the blame on him. 3-2 with half the defensive starters out, and playing the game without our starting RB and two TE's...hmmmm.

I think we need to give it some time before we start blaming...IMO blaming too early never leads to good things. For all we know, he is coming up with some great changes and the Packers will win their last 11 games...who knows at this point (we're not even mid season yet). If they started blaming MM in the locker room too, do you think the team would improve?

This is all just my opinion of course, and I certainly understand that some (or even many) may disagree with me...I just ask that you respect my opinion (and I certainly respect the opposite view, even though I do not completely agree). Thank you.

I think most of us can agree on three things though...:viksux::chisux::detsux:

So what your saying is we should get rid of all the players you called out and keep MM?? HA
Drops, fumbles, and penalties aren't anything new to the Packers under MM at some point he has to be held accountable. Bring in Jon Gruden...A-Rod and Gruden would be a great combo!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So what your saying is we should get rid of all the players you called out and keep MM?? HA
Drops, fumbles, and penalties aren't anything new to the Packers under MM at some point he has to be held accountable. Bring in Jon Gruden...A-Rod and Gruden would be a great combo!

Gruden is an intriguing idea. I wouldn't make the change in the middle of the season, though. I'd wait until the off season. Switching the head coach now would be too much added to the injuries the team has. Besides, usually when a team unloads a coach in the middle of the season, they have someone they promote within the ranks. Do you want Capers as a head coach? I didn't think so.

Gruden would be a nice match because he brings a love for Green Bay and a certain sense of accountability and enthusiasm to the team. He's also been known for fiery defenses and long drive offenses; both which, combined with the right personnel can go a long way. The only exception is that he is used to having a standout running back when he has winning seasons.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sad to say that blaming M.M. or T.T. may be a bit futile by now. I think it's past the point where it's getting to be out of T.T's hands at least in terms of injuries. Our needs are greater than that which can be traded for and you just know that boy isn't gonna give a draft pick, he'd rather cut off his own head. As for M.M., as head coach, it is up to him to make best of what he has left and that is no easy task.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes he didnt run with jackson alot but honestly without the 70 yard run he wasnt impressive at all. again. i think they need kuhn as the feature back with jackson as the 3rd down back.

So a 4.8 YPC average without the 71 yard gainer isn't impressive?

And I don't know why people always insist on taking away the big gain he had. It happened. It wasn't a fluke. He did it. He hit the hole and got the big gain. No matter how you slice it, it counts. In fact, he's had a couple decent gains this season. He broke one off for 18 yards against Philly in week one and also had a 12 yard gain called back due to holding vs. Chicago. It was only a matter of time before he broke a monster gain, especially when you consider how limited with carries the guy is. Averaging only 11 carries a game isn't really enough to build any kind of solid momentum, is it?

For the record, I'm not in love with the guy. I don't believe he's the second coming of Walter Payton or anything like that. I'm just trying to be realistic in my expectations. That said, let me ask you and everyone else who seems to think Jackson is so horrible- Based on the 10-11 carries per game that he gets, what numbers should he put up in order for you to stop criticizing him so much?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
So a 4.8 YPC average without the 71 yard gainer isn't impressive?

And I don't know why people always insist on taking away the big gain he had. It happened. It wasn't a fluke. He did it. He hit the hole and got the big gain. No matter how you slice it, it counts. In fact, he's had a couple decent gains this season. He broke one off for 18 yards against Philly in week one and also had a 12 yard gain called back due to holding vs. Chicago. It was only a matter of time before he broke a monster gain, especially when you consider how limited with carries the guy is. Averaging only 11 carries a game isn't really enough to build any kind of solid momentum, is it?

For the record, I'm not in love with the guy. I don't believe he's the second coming of Walter Payton or anything like that. I'm just trying to be realistic in my expectations. That said, let me ask you and everyone else who seems to think Jackson is so horrible- Based on the 10-11 carries per game that he gets, what numbers should he put up in order for you to stop criticizing him so much?
I want him consistently over 4 yards per carry.

As I pointed out in the other thread, the 11.5 YPC against Washington drastically skews his average. He was awful the first 3 games he had as starter. Especially the 1.7 YPC against Chicago.

Members online

Latest posts