Fire mike mccarthy now !!!!!!! ?????

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I now in the NFL they hardly ever fire coaches in the middle of the season.
How would you feel if the Pack kept McCarthy onboard?
How would you feel if they fired McCarthy?
Who would you like them to hire?

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
something needs to be done, because whatever we are doing now just aint cutting it now is it?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not fire him in the middle of the season. That would be utter madness! Might as well kiss this season goodbye and focus on next season. By the time everyone gells and gets used to a new regime under a new coach it'll be game 1, 2011 anyway. Besides, I really don't think it's all on MM's head. It's a bit of everything and we can't just whack everyone when something doesn't go right. This isn't The Sopranos!

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
U guys are trippin... would you rather have Mike Singletary??? That is a horrible coach.... I agree that MM needs to step it up in his play calling but damn u people are quick to turn your back... WTF is going to happen if they fire MM? We will then be truely terrible... is that what you want??? Have faith!!! The Pack will bounce back along with MM!!!

A-Rod_is_God

Cheesehead
Reaction score
U guys are trippin... would you rather have Mike Singletary??? That is a horrible coach.... I agree that MM needs to step it up in his play calling but damn u people are quick to turn your back... WTF is going to happen if they fire MM? We will then be truely terrible... is that what you want??? Have faith!!! The Pack will bounce back along with MM!!!

ditto.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, lets see how this season plays out. We're still ahead of where we were at this time last year, when we started the season 4-4. Remember, he took us to 8-8 after Sherman, followed by 13-3, 6-10 in an injury riddled season, followed by 11-5.

Next, I wouldn't fire him in the middle of the season, especially since we don't have anyone to fill in. We're still winning in our conference and there's still 11 games left to play. What I think should happen though is he should turn over offensive coordinator duties to someone else.

To be honest, I think next season will be his hot-seat season should we not make it out of the first round of the playoffs this season. I'm willing to give him one more go at it, but he needs to deliver.

As for a viable replacement, I'm not sure who is available and would be a good fit. We're not gonna get Cowher, so no one should even float that nonsense. If he goes anywhere, it'll probably be Carolina. Other than that, I dunno who else we nab. I know some people are gonna say we should get Gruden, but other than name recognition, I'm not sure why. Tampa Bay turned into a shell of itself during Gruden's tenure after winning the Super Bowl with a team largely built by Tony Dungy. Beyond that, I have no idea who would be both a good coach and a good fit.

Remember, the grass isn't always greener either. Things could be a LOT worse.

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not fire him in the middle of the season. That would be utter madness! Might as well kiss this season goodbye and focus on next season. By the time everyone gells and gets used to a new regime under a new coach it'll be game 1, 2011 anyway. Besides, I really don't think it's all on MM's head. It's a bit of everything and we can't just whack everyone when something doesn't go right. This isn't The Sopranos!

I agree McCarthy needs to stay onboard til season end.
I feel the Packers organization is definitely watching how this team has problems closing teams out.
It will be addressed at the end of season
if nothing has been corrected by then.

GO PACK

ParLawGod

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not believe that firing him is the answer (IMO).

If we were not plagued with injuries right now we could probably be 5-0...then we would see posts that Mike McCarthy should be Coach of the Year. I think we are blaming him for the injuries and 3-2 start, when it is not his fault alone (everyone is making mistakes, not just him).

Is it MM fault that Donald Driver dropped four passes (or was it three)? No (he is a veteran player and needs to make those catches)
Is it MM fault that Donald Lee fumbled on the first drive? No (also a veteran, just needs to work on ball security)
Is it MM fault that Charles Woodson had penalties on the game losing drives of both losses (WAS and CHI) that gave opponents automatic first downs? No (another veteran - he plays such physical football that something like that is going to be called). Penalties are often associated with coaching, but when it is a veteran player (Woodson, Tauscher, etc.) they need to know better???
Is it MM fault that Aaron Rodgers threw the overtime INT that led to a game-winning FG? No (a punt would have been better than a forced throw)

Do I agree that he is not adapting very well to the injuries and changes? FOR SURE! I personally don't like their play calling this season (i.e. it was my opinion that we abandoned the run way too early yesterday). Also, the team developed some good chemistry in the preseason, and now with new injuries each week they have to redevelop that chemistry EACH week. I'm sure MM is frustrated in addition to the players, I just don't think it is fair to put all of the blame on him. 3-2 with half the defensive starters out, and playing the game without our starting RB and two TE's...hmmmm.

I think we need to give it some time before we start blaming...IMO blaming too early never leads to good things. For all we know, he is coming up with some great changes and the Packers will win their last 11 games...who knows at this point (we're not even mid season yet). If they started blaming MM in the locker room too, do you think the team would improve?

This is all just my opinion of course, and I certainly understand that some (or even many) may disagree with me...I just ask that you respect my opinion (and I certainly respect the opposite view, even though I do not completely agree). Thank you.

I think most of us can agree on three things though...:viksux::chisux::detsux:

bear7625

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe the "fire McCarthy" talk has started already. TT is the problem, not McCarthy! If you think McCarthy has any power as a head coach, your from another planet. If TT got rid of McCarthy, he would replace him with another coach that he could control. Sean Payton really wanted the job and was passed up in favor of McCarthy. Saint fans should have TT on their Christmas list. Talk has already started that some coaches and players are questioning what TT is doing.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for a viable replacement, I'm not sure who is available and would be a good fit. We're not gonna get Cowher, so no one should even float that nonsense. If he goes anywhere, it'll probably be Carolina. Other than that, I dunno who else we nab. I know some people are gonna say we should get Gruden, but other than name recognition, I'm not sure why. Tampa Bay turned into a shell of itself during Gruden's tenure after winning the Super Bowl with a team largely built by Tony Dungy. Beyond that, I have no idea who would be both a good coach and a good fit.

Remember, the grass isn't always greener either. Things could be a LOT worse.

I always wanted Steve Marriucci. I know he didn't have a great stint in Detroit, but I have always enjoyed his fire. I love watching him on NFL Network... and he has ties to GB. Just a name...

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

MM is awful. He's always been awful. He would have to bounce back from really awful to awful.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have my vote for firing MM ASAP. I always thought the guy was bad. He's ultra-conservative with a lead and relies too heavily on passing.

I'm sure Bill Cowher wouldn't mind giving GB a shot.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe the "fire McCarthy" talk has started already. TT is the problem, not McCarthy! If you think McCarthy has any power as a head coach, your from another planet. If TT got rid of McCarthy, he would replace him with another coach that he could control. Sean Payton really wanted the job and was passed up in favor of McCarthy. Saint fans should have TT on their Christmas list. Talk has already started that some coaches and players are questioning what TT is doing.

TT is pissing me off too. Remeber in 95 when GB was a player or two away from the Super Bowl? Packers traded for Eugene Robinson and signed Don Beebe and Santana Dotson. If the Packers are truely a player or two away from the Super Bowl, TT should open the checkbook.

Regarding the Eugene Robinson trade, I wonder what members of this forum would have said if the internet was popular back then. "How could you trade Matt LaBounty for Eugene Robinson? LaBounty has too good of upside. He's like a young Sean Jones."

erik_m_vos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy is fine.... He just has his balls squeezed by the upper management. If we had 0 injuries, and were like 1-4 or something like that, then YES fire his ***. BUT we're riddled with injuries and are still 3-2 with a winning record and plenty of season to play yet. With another easy win vs. Detroit to come, and a rematch vs. the Bears in which they won't be as lucky... plus we'll have Al Harris and Bigby back as well as Starks and other players by the time we play Minnesota twice.... We'll be just fine, we'll be in the playoffs....

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did Rodgers suffer the concussion early in the game??

I saw this article on JSOnline and I remembered the announcers saying that Rodgers was woozy and stumbling after he got up after the QB sneak... I was thinking at that time, ahh crap, concussion. But then nobody mentioned it again until after the game. And even then when MM was asked about it he kind of gave a weird answer, like he was lying and he knew it. He said, "Uh, we think it was the hit at the very end of the game..." in a real quiet voice.

Did Rodgers suffer a concussion early in the game? - JSOnline

Wow, sorry, I posted this in the completely wrong place!! Lol, Apparently I'm not all there this morning.

Sorry!!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy is fine.... He just has his balls squeezed by the upper management. If we had 0 injuries, and were like 1-4 or something like that, then YES fire his ***. BUT we're riddled with injuries and are still 3-2 with a winning record and plenty of season to play yet. With another easy win vs. Detroit to come, and a rematch vs. the Bears in which they won't be as lucky... plus we'll have Al Harris and Bigby back as well as Starks and other players by the time we play Minnesota twice.... We'll be just fine, we'll be in the playoffs....

You do realize two of those three wins are against the 1-win Lions and winless Bills (both at home), right? MM almost blew the Lions game with his horrible play calling. GB didn't score an offensive TD in the second half against the lowly Lions.

Please, please, please stop thinking Starks will do anything this year. The guy hasn't seen live contact since early 2009. He sat out his entire senior season and preseason. The guy has had no contact in a looong time.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do realize two of those three wins are against the 1-win Lions and winless Bills (both at home), right? MM almost blew the Lions game with his horrible play calling. GB didn't score an offensive TD in the second half against the lowly Lions.

Please, please, please stop thinking Starks will do anything this year. The guy hasn't seen live contact since early 2009. He sat out his entire senior season and preseason. The guy has had no contact in a looong time.

One thing that Starks can do is Run. He can contribute on Special Teams returning kicks. Have you noticed how Jordy Nelson cringes at the point when he is getting ready to get hit. The main thing that RB's have to do is to learn the Pass Blocking assignments. Running the ball will not be that hard.

erik_m_vos

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes, but the Lions really aren't THAT bad. They had Stafford at the time, and when he's in the game, they're not horrible by any means. NOW they're pretty bad with Hill in there. A Staford lead Lions could be a 7-9 team now.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just relax.

TT or MM didn't injury our players. TT or MM didn't drop those passes Sunday.

We have plenty of talent on our team still and we have a lot of new guys out there too. Give it a rest and enough with the bandwagon jumpers with torches. Some people on these forums are worst than announcers.

Quit jumping in the sky all high and mighty when we're doing well and looking good. . .and stop jumping off the boat when we aren't looking good.

We'll be just fine, try being a true Packer backer once in a while! C'MON MAN!!!!
:happy0005:

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know if id go as far as to fire him mid season.. as kitty mentioned that would just be madness and the season would pretty much be over.. but i dont know if we are so quick to turn our backs on him.. its been what 5 or 6 seasons with him now, and if theres one constant thing about him, its that he hasnt been able to adjust at half time his whole tenure here..ive been hearing the same **** since joining this forum last year, and still nothing has changed with his play calling... how many more chances do we give him??

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You have my vote for firing MM ASAP. I always thought the guy was bad. He's ultra-conservative with a lead and relies too heavily on passing.

I'm sure Bill Cowher wouldn't mind giving GB a shot.

Talk in the papers around here is that Cowher has hinted he'd like to coach the Giants. Coughlin is on the hot seat right now. Cowher wouldn't want to come to Green Bay.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM is a decent coach. he's better than whats out there now, plus the offense clicks well with his direction. it just hasnt shown it yet due to any number of factors.

chill
the
out.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its been what 5 or 6 seasons with him now, and if theres one constant thing about him, its that he hasnt been able to adjust at half time his whole tenure here..ive been hearing the same **** since joining this forum last year, and still nothing has changed with his play calling... how many more chances do we give him??

I'll officially start the bring in Steve Mariucci bandwagon... let me throw some numbers out there for you.

With the 49ers he had a winning percentage of .594. Granted half of his time was spent with Steve young as his QB and 5/6ths of it had Jerry Rice on the roster. That also means that Jeff Garcia and no significant running back was there for him for most of the time there. He went 3 and 4 in the playoffs.

His time with Detroit wasn't as great, but he put the best team he could on the field. Don't forget he had Matt Millen as his GM. Joey Harrington as his QB. Even with his team not being talented... he had a winning percentage of .349...that isn't that bad when you consider what coaches have done for Detroit since.

He loves the game and is still on NFL Network. He has coached HOFers, headaches (TO), and successful teams. If there is a coaching change made (which I am not necessarily suggesting), then why not Mariucci. He was a QB coach in GB for four seasons.

At this point, I am just suggesting a name. But I would be really happy to see Mooch back in Green and Gold.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts