Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then Jerron's father is a moron and a clueless fan like most on here. Of course they game planned. I don't care if his father was "esstatic" or not. To suggest the Packers had no clue, made no adjustments and let the game come to them is stupid. Seriously stupid.
So you called the game after the 5 man rush after half? Maybe you should be coaching instead of "ballin'" in semi-pro.
I'm not jamming on you Spanish as much as all negative fans. I can't even come and read here anymore. People make me sick, there is no team spirit, it's all the wringing of the hands and how this is all over for the Packers. It's the most ridiculous bunch of crap I've read in years.
Seriously, the younger fans are the biggest bunch of sucks I've ever read. They seem like Lions fans. Bunch of cry babies for heaven's sake. They lost to the Conference champs, ask any other team in the NFC how their year was. Ask Atlanta how sucky it is to win the first playoff game in forever and fall to the 9ers.
Grow the hell up. Teams lose, the Packers are great and will contend next year. Capers is an excellent and capable coach and he's not going anywhere. No new DC is going to come in here and make a powerhouse D with all the rookies and new guys. Just stupid how you all fold on the coach. Give him this year and talk to me then!
i think you need to re-read what i stated or maybe it came out wrong.. either way, his father told me thats what jerron said to him after the game.. he said they had no game plan for the read option or kaepernick and at halftime implemented the same scheme with no adjustments ready..ive said it for a while now, doms a cocky coordinator, and rightfully so, but he feels his scheme ALWAYS works and almost to a fault.. he's the type thattll throw the same thing at you till it works, and sometimes it just doesnt..its cockiness like that is why he's never had good numbers past his first two seasons.. i didnt come in here ranting and raving to clear the whole staff i was just shedding some light on my thoughts about the game.. some things are obvious that you dont need to be a football head to see it, and coaches are people so they suffer from the same faults we do, we just elevate them above human status so it seems they can do no wrong...by the way i should be starting back up at the highschool level so dont be shocked to see my name in the next few years ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
i think you need to re-read what i stated or maybe it came out wrong.. either way, his father told me thats what jerron said to him after the game.. he said they had no game plan for the read option or kaepernick and at halftime implemented the same scheme with no adjustments ready..ive said it for a while now, doms a cocky coordinator, and rightfully so, but he feels his scheme ALWAYS works and almost to a fault.. he's the type thattll throw the same thing at you till it works, and sometimes it just doesnt..its cockiness like that is why he's never had good numbers past his first two seasons.. i didnt come in here ranting and raving to clear the whole staff i was just shedding some light on my thoughts about the game.. some things are obvious that you dont need to be a football head to see it, and coaches are people so they suffer from the same faults we do, we just elevate them above human status so it seems they can do no wrong...by the way i should be starting back up at the highschool level so dont be shocked to see my name in the next few years ;)

Reason they didnt game plan was that Frisco didnt use that read option to much during the season...They didnt want to use it during the season so it was a surprise for the playoffs.

That doesnt excuse why adjustments at 1/2 time..Woodson said that as well..... so this father for me doesnt have any other info than what we knew, he could have just repeated what Woody said right after the game

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reason they didnt game plan was that Frisco didnt use that read option to much during the season...They didnt want to use it during the season so it was a surprise for the playoffs.

That doesnt excuse why adjustments at 1/2 time..Woodson said that as well..... so this father for me doesnt have any other info than what we knew, he could have just repeated what Woody said right after the game
all good points and to some it was more obvious than to others.. i just thought it was a good little tidbid of info, take what you want from it

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
You can have team spirit and still support your team without being a blind homer. Which is what you and a lot of others seem to be. There isn't necessarily anything wrong with that, but there is nothing wrong either with being passionate and critical when the team fails.
I'm not a blind homer but I'm not a child ranting for the firing of a man after that man took the worst statistical defense in one year and making it the top 3rd in the league with a bunch of rookies the next.

People like you are like nationalistic flag worshipping Americans. Who think we can do no wrong, we're the best out there and if you disagree otherwise you're a terrorist or Un-American. And that's even more annoying than someone who isn't afraid to be realistic and critical while still remaining a supportive citizen of the country
Damned right I'm a flag worshipper and a veteran to boot. I don't deny you the right to whine about the greatest country in the history of the world but I'll look at you as a fool when you do.
And more to the point I don't give one dipsy damn if you find me annoying. It's interesting you've never served the country but take full advantage to complain about it. You've also never worked for the Green Bay Packers but you sure as heck do take full license when being critical of both.
To me? People like you are annoying.

Nobody is saying it's all over. That's far from the case, but if you can't come to terms with the fact that there are issues with our team, then I'm sorry but you need to have your head examined.
So because I don't shout, stomp my feet and scream for the firing of a good man's job I need to have my head examined? Overreact much?

How can you say that? Nobody can stay at the top forever. Teams change every year, some get better, some get worse, some do neither. There is absolutely no way in hell that you can say we will contend or we WILL be here or there. That fact is what bothers a lot of people, the fact there is a chance that we may not be back in contention for a long period of time. While it's not realistic at all to expect to go all the way every year, it is bothersome to a lot of people get as close as we've gotten and to have blown it both times.

Everyone is frustrated about the way the season ended, but not everyone is as cavalier or happy go lucky about it as you.

Your banter is even more juvenile that the people you are berating.
I say it with the confidence in a team that has shown regular success over the past several years. There isn't any single reason to doubt it.
You're the type of person that expect the worst out of everybody aren't you? You don't like your mama and papa and your teachers didn't know squat and your boss is a nitpicky jerk right?
Everything else in the world is full of garbage but ole' Southpaw has it correct.
Your overreaction to a normal part of the NFL life is juvenile champ. Only one team wins the championship each year. Admit it, you don't think expecting the Packers to win the title every year isn't a bit unrealistic? It seems that if anybody is juvenile it's those fans who didn't watch the Packers through all the 70's and 80's. It would have taught you some appreciation for what a fine organization the Packers are and what a fantastic franchise and great fanbase it is. Most don't rant like you, we get it.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm not a blind homer but I'm not a child ranting for the firing of a man after that man took the worst statistical defense in one year and making it the top 3rd in the league with a bunch of rookies the next.

Damned right I'm a flag worshipper and a veteran to boot. I don't deny you the right to whine about the greatest country in the history of the world but I'll look at you as a fool when you do.
And more to the point I don't give one dipsy damn if you find me annoying. It's interesting you've never served the country but take full advantage to complain about it. You've also never worked for the Green Bay Packers but you sure as heck do take full license when being critical of both.
To me? People like you are annoying.

So because I don't shout, stomp my feet and scream for the firing of a good man's job I need to have my head examined? Overreact much?

I say it with the confidence in a team that has shown regular success over the past several years. There isn't any single reason to doubt it.
You're the type of person that expect the worst out of everybody aren't you? You don't like your mama and papa and your teachers didn't know squat and your boss is a nitpicky jerk right?
Everything else in the world is full of garbage but ole' Southpaw has it correct.
Your overreaction to a normal part of the NFL life is juvenile champ. Only one team wins the championship each year. Admit it, you don't think expecting the Packers to win the title every year isn't a bit unrealistic? It seems that if anybody is juvenile it's those fans who didn't watch the Packers through all the 70's and 80's. It would have taught you some appreciation for what a fine organization the Packers are and what a fantastic franchise and great fanbase it is. Most don't rant like you, we get it.

Whoa........I didn`t watch the Packers in the 70`s either. Everybody is entitled to express an opinion. I really enjoy this forum, but aren`t we all supposed to follow the same team ?? why do things have to get so personal ?? lighten up guys please ?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been over 3 weeks. How are the staff evaluations going?? It shouldn't take 3 weeks to make a decision on parting ways with Lovat and the same with Campen. Capers may legitimately take longer to evaluate as there was some good here and there to consider along with the very bad but the other 2 should have hit the road long ago.

I

It's been over 3 weeks. How are the staff evaluations going?? It shouldn't take 3 weeks to make a decision on parting ways with Lovat and the same with Campen. Capers may legitimately take longer to evaluate as there was some good here and there to consider along with the very bad but the other 2 should have hit the road long ago.

Why Lovat and Campen ?? Kevin Greene didn`t exactly inspire anybody this year either. The WHOLE organisation needs to look at itself in my opinion or we will always be the bridesmaids and never the bride. The 3 - 4 defence worked for us originally, but obviously not now teams can adapt to it. Don`t ask me how I would change things because I honestly don`t know, but I think its a bit lousy to make those two the sacrificial lambs IMHO

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why Lovat and Campen ?? Kevin Greene didn`t exactly inspire anybody this year either. The WHOLE organisation needs to look at itself in my opinion or we will always be the bridesmaids and never the bride. The 3 - 4 defence worked for us originally, but obviously not now teams can adapt to it. Don`t ask me how I would change things because I honestly don`t know, but I think its a bit lousy to make those two the sacrificial lambs IMHO

There have been way too many soft tissue injuries in Lovat's 3 years. The players also look a step slower and smaller than other teams. The injuries though are inexcusable. Yes some of them are freak and will happen but the hamstring pulls are bs and unacceptable.

The o-line has been average to poor over Campen's tenure. I don't want to hear the injury excuse. There are still communication problems with blocking assignments and a lack of overall development with many of the guys. I can't tell you how many times the lineman blows an assignment mentally and then turns around and throws a lookout block. He has been around for years and has done absolutely nothing to warrant returning....except be friends with MM.

I

There have been way too many soft tissue injuries in Lovat's 3 years. The players also look a step slower and smaller than other teams. The injuries though are inexcusable. Yes some of them are freak and will happen but the hamstring pulls are bs and unacceptable.

The o-line has been average to poor over Campen's tenure. I don't want to hear the injury excuse. There are still communication problems with blocking assignments and a lack of overall development with many of the guys. I can't tell you how many times the lineman blows an assignment mentally and then turns around and throws a lookout block. He has been around for years and has done absolutely nothing to warrant returning....except be friends with MM.
but soft tissue injuries will occur all the time in a contact sport like football surely ? I take your point about the Campen situation, but I still believe they ALL need to look at themselves and ask "did I do enough ?", and if they are honest, no they didn`t. We`ll have to agree to disagree on the sacking situation, although I do believe right from the top downwards, next season you`re job is on the line. And as regards players being smaller ?, isn`t that the scouts fault for choosing them in the first place ?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Contact injuries happen but the hamstring stuff has become an epidemic and is generally from undertraining, overtraining, improper training, uneducated supplement usage or inability to recover from training. Those things are all under Lovat's umbrella.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Contact injuries happen but the hamstring stuff has become an epidemic and is generally from undertraining, overtraining, improper training, uneducated supplement usage or inability to recover from training. Those things are all under Lovat's umbrella.
So was Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year in 2011

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So was Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year in 2011
You are aware that most times the athletic training staff of the year/conditioning coach of the year go to the team that won the super bowl or had a great playoff run. It has very little to do with how good they are at there job as there is no tangible measurement.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
You are aware that most times the athletic training staff of the year/conditioning coach of the year go to the team that won the super bowl or had a great playoff run. It has very little to do with how good they are at there job as there is no tangible measurement.
So what are you using as a measurement?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what are you using as a measurement?
You can add up all the negatives and it shows your are not doing a good job.

It's kind of like if you don't know the name of a ref or umpire it usually means they are doing a good job. The same really holds true with your strength staff. When things are good you only hear about them in a fluff/feelgood story.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
You can add up all the negatives and it shows your are not doing a good job.

It's kind of like if you don't know the name of a ref or umpire it usually means they are doing a good job. The same really holds true with your strength staff. When things are good you only hear about them in a fluff/feelgood story.
OK, but you're using injuries in the NFL as a yardstick for negatives? Who hasn't been conditioned this year? Who hasn't been at their strongest? Injuries happen no matter how you prepare for it in workouts. Just part of the game.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, but you're using injuries in the NFL as a yardstick for negatives? Who hasn't been conditioned this year? Who hasn't been at their strongest? Injuries happen no matter how you prepare for it in workouts. Just part of the game.
The hamstring epidemic is not part of the game. That comes from the preparation.

I

The hamstring epidemic is not part of the game. That comes from the preparation.

But what conditioning training could stop hamstring injuries ? I don`t know of any sorry. Some humans are prone to certain injuries. I`m no athlete but I`ve had two hamstring injuries that I know of. I`m not disrespecting your opinion, but I dont think anything can help this kind of thing, even stretching exercises.

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's some truth in both positions regarding hamstrings. Getting muscle bound can make it more likely, but mostly they just happen - and yes, more to some people than others - for no obvious reason.

As for the base topic - Firing Capers, I would liken Capers and his schemes to an addiction at this point. With the front 7 personnel that the Packers have, they need his gimmicks and weirdness just to be competitive on D. We need more toughness and meanness. I thought a few years ago that Raji would help, but he has turned out to be mostly blubber and finesse. If Capers needs to be fired, it's more because of his possible influence on personnel decisions than his schemes.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But what conditioning training could stop hamstring injuries ? I don`t know of any sorry. Some humans are prone to certain injuries. I`m no athlete but I`ve had two hamstring injuries that I know of. I`m not disrespecting your opinion, but I dont think anything can help this kind of thing, even stretching exercises.
As players get bigger and faster, the forces on the musculotendinous units increase. Add to this the emphasis on weight lifting and the forces are even greater. The result is increasing muscle pulls and tears, including hamstring, quadriceps, biceps, triceps, pectoral, etc. Maybe supplements play a role as well. I believe all trainers emphasize flexibility exercises to minimize the possibility of tears, but they are common in all current athletes involved in running, jumping, and cutting activities. The Packers have been hit hard by them, and have changed their strength and conditioning director 4 times since 1999. Lovet is well educated and knows as much as anyone about the business. I suspect he spends all of his time trying to prevent soft tissue injury. I think we've just had a string of bad luck the last few years.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Wait for the first play in SF game that Kapernick picks up a yard.

Who am I kidding? Wait for the first play in our first preseason game where Jones doesn't sack the QB and is called a bust and Capers should be fired.
That's not enough. I say fire every single coach, every single player and start to grab FAs to make the team. A healthy overhaul can do wonders for a roster.
Amazing draft so far. How the heck can you doubt this guy? I don't care about the rest of the doubters, watch tomorrow's haul. Goodness, people have to recollect how poor it can be to be a fan of a poor team.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not enough. I say fire every single coach, every single player and start to grab FAs to make the team. A healthy overhaul can do wonders for a roster.
Amazing draft so far. How the heck can you doubt this guy? I don't care about the rest of the doubters, watch tomorrow's haul. Goodness, people have to recollect how poor it can be to be a fan of a poor team.

People should be required to follow the jets for a few seasons.

Wait... I used to see a lot of those jets hats around wi ... I wonder what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts