Finley's agent rips Rodgers

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you guys think Finley is nothing above average then we should release him an see how many teams would offer him a huge contract? More than you would think I'm guessing.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you guys think Finley is nothing above average then we should release him an see how many teams would offer him a huge contract? More than you would think I'm guessing.

Getting a big contract offer doesn't make you a great player, sorry.

Everyone talks about how good he is, I'd love to actually see it on the field consistently, not once a season.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
To be a threat he has to produce. Otherwise he is just another guy. Give me Kyle Rudolph any day over Finley.
Isn't he tied for the team's reception leader for this season?
sorry, I meant stats. I think we both know Finley hasn't been on Sportscenter lately. :)
Not top 10?
Maybe Finley had been taking advice from the wrong person? This could explain some of his decisions/things Finley had said in the past. He is basically Finley's mentor.. Time to find someone better?

And everyone is crazy when they say they don't want Finley anymore... Cause in 2 years when he is playing for the Lions or Bears and is putting up 15 touchdowns a season, you will be yelling at TT.
He really does need a new agent, one that has a basic grasp on reality and doesn't fill his player's heads with garbage. "You're worth more money than that, It's not you so it must be chemistry, It must be the quarterback." Ain't that the truth, watch, as soon as he goes somewhere else he puts up and we wonder "Why didn't he do that here?" and some of the insecure ones wonder "maybe he was right and it was all Rodgers..."
True, but he was also leading the league or 2nd in the league in receptions/yards for a TE before he was injured in 2010. What is stopping him from going back to that level?
His brain. He worries too much about too many things. Contracts, injuries, etc. He is just like Lebron was: mentally soft. He has all the tools, all the potential, but none of the mindset.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
To be a threat he has to produce. Otherwise he is just another guy. Give me Kyle Rudolph any day over Finley.
You know, I found this on another forum and thought you would enjoy it. Also, page 13 says a lot about Finley, 23 says a little.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/williams_not_too_green_8ED8l0i303MJJBnJ0wzOMK
Giants must deal with Packers Finley
Either way, Williams will be critical this week. He will be both helping the Giants offense get set for Matthews, and preparing himself to defend one of the Packers’ toughest weapons: tight end Jermichael Finley.
In the Week 13 meeting, Finley was a nightmare for the Giants, catching six passes for 87 yards and a touchdown. Of his catches, every one either went for a first down or a touchdown, including a 24-yard catch that opened the Packers’ game-winning drive. Finley’s numbers would have been even more impressive had it not been for his three drops.
Williams was matched up with Finley at times, and both he and fellow linebacker Michael Boley will be the Giants who figure to draw him again. Those two are the Giants’ most athletic linebackers and tend to draw tight end coverage. The Giants have fared well recently against tight ends, most recently holding Atlanta’s Tony Gonzalez to four grabs for 44 yards.
“[Finley’s] a speed guy. I’m a speed guy,” Williams said. “It was a good matchup. He’s a good athlete. But we’re coming to play football.”
Boley was part of the Giants’ defense against the Packers in Week 13, but it was his first game back after missing two games with a hamstring injury. He said yesterday he was “about 70 percent” in that game, and he played far fewer snaps than normal because of the injury.
With his speed, the 6-foot-5, 247-pound Finley, who caught 55 passes for 767 yards and eight touchdowns, is a glorified receiver, according to Giants safety Kenny Phillips.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/tag/_/name/jermichael-finley
Last week, the Giants put an emphasis on shutting down Jermichael Finley, who torched them for six catches and 87 yards as well as a touchdown in their meeting on Dec. 4.
On Sunday, the Giants held Finley to just four catches for 37 yards despite being targeted nine times in the game. Finley was third among all tight ends in touchdowns this year.

Reaction score
His brain. He worries too much about too many things. Contracts, injuries, etc. He is just like Lebron was: He has all the tools, all the potential, but none of the mindset.
Lebron WAS... That is the keyword! If lebron could change his ways, why not Finley?

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I chuckled when he implied that Manning and Brady are good leaders because they take the blame. Whenever Manning lost in the playoffs it was always the O-lines fault. I love Manning but it is true:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Manning would get sacked like 15 times a season (which is probably somewhat from him able to read a D so well but mostly from his great O-line) and when they had a mediocre game and he had to step up he wouldn't and would blame the O-line. And Brady has complained plenty in his career.

I hope Finley gets rid of the Clown town agent of his.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Lol @Fin+Fitz. But seriously, think of Finley with Fitzgerald's hands! Plus Fitzgerald has the mindset needed to reach that next level, he's been called the hardest working receiver in the game. I know Fin has been working hard and gets frustrated with himself, its just a matter of being able to finally take the step back to being himself. It's not impossible. As Oshkosh has said though, he still hasn't fully broken his habit of cradling passes.

He won't fire his agent, he has publicly stated how much of an impact his agent has had on his life and how much he loves the guy. People are unfortunately human, and humans have faults. Fin's agent has just shown a few faulty lapses in judgement

And we hired one of those linemen Peyton thinks was at fault...

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Btw, Bishop has the same agent. Decent agent, but should have known better than to speak out. Discretion is the greater part of Valor. If we've learned anything from Bus Cook and Alan Herman it's that we shouldn't know an agent's name.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is probably more about Rodgers not lobbying hard enough for his client to have gotten a bigger contract than he did last year.

This guy should have just said that autocorrect put arod in place of Cutler and he didn't proof his tweet.

Reaction score
I really really really wanna see Travis the Chimp locked in a small room with Skip Bayless.... Throw in the Miami Face Zombie as well... and some Nickaloadeon green slime crap.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ironic that everyone jumps on Finely for something that he doesn't have any control over, but doesn't get on Rodgers for not being as good as he has been since prior to the KC game last year. Even the guys on the radio have noticed he hasn't been as good, something he does have control of.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ironic that everyone jumps on Finely for something that he doesn't have any control over, but doesn't get on Rodgers for not being as good as he has been since prior to the KC game last year. Even the guys on the radio have noticed he hasn't been as good, something he does have control of.

The offense has sucked the past 3 games. No doubt about it. Being the reigning MVP he gets cut some slack, but it's going to come down hard if things don't improve soon.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense has sucked the past 3 games. No doubt about it. Being the reigning MVP he gets cut some slack, but it's going to come down hard if things don't improve soon.

He should get some slack, as should the offense as a whole...but I think too many people are unfairly critical of Finely cuz of some crazy idea that he's a "cancer" on the team. Yes he needs to pick up his game, and quit with the drops, but he's a damn good TE, probably the best we've had since Chumura and Keith Jackson

Latest posts