Finley's agent rips Rodgers

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ers-leadership-baratz/70000567/1#.UFjFW4l5mc0

Finley says he disagrees but supports his agent.

Personally I would fire my agent if he caused a riff in the locker room. I must ask, the only way his agent would get an idea of what kind of leader Rodgers is would be from his client, he isn't in the locker room or on the field. So how is it that Finley doesn't agree with him?

Jermichael, it's been swell but I won't miss you next year.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
He should have been gone last year the guy is a liability now. Im sick of hiss off field talk and his on field crying.. Bye Bye sir drops a lot

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read that on NFL.com I was thinking the same thing. How can Finely say he supports his agent, but disagrees with his statement? As the OP said, the only idea of leadership that his agent would get would be from Finley.

Granted, I am not on the field so I don't know...but I see Aaron saying "That interception was my fault, I should have thrown in higher" in the press conference after the 49ers game. That is taking the blame, which is one of the qualities Finely's agent totes as "leadership qualities." Also, Rodgers DOES make everyone around him better. Do you think our entire receiving corps would be near as feared or have as many positive numbers as they do if it wasn't for Aaron's near-always perfect passes?

The agent just wants to raise Jermichael's stock because he probably feels like he won't be in Green Bay for too long with other quality TEs in our system. Crabtree and Williams, with Quarless injured.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are plenty of instances where people and entities disagree with a particular comment or position by someone but don't withdraw their support. Some people are letting their hate for Finley cloud their reasoning.

Crabtree is workmanlike and Quarless may never come back from his injury. Williams may be the guy but I wouldn't anoint him just yet.

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally we know the cause of Finley being a drop-machine, the lack of Rodgers leadership.....
This guy is dumb so is his agent.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
He's an agent ... a leech ... latches onto something and sucks his livelihood out of the host. Agents are one of those anomalies in this world. They don't produce anything of value.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's an agent ... a leech ... latches onto something and sucks his livelihood out of the host. Agents are one of those anomalies in this world. They don't produce anything of value.

You would think that as an agent he wouldnt want to burn any bridges with players. I feel like burning one with one of the most popular players in the league might be a bad thing.

Reaction score
Maybe Finley had been taking advice from the wrong person? This could explain some of his decisions/things Finley had said in the past. He is basically Finley's mentor.. Time to find someone better?

And everyone is crazy when they say they don't want Finley anymore... Cause in 2 years when he is playing for the Lions or Bears and is putting up 15 touchdowns a season, you will be yelling at TT.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Finley had been taking advice from the wrong person? This could explain some of his decisions/things Finley had said in the past. He is basically Finley's mentor.. Time to find someone better?

And everyone is crazy when they say they don't want Finley anymore... Cause in 2 years when he is playing for the Lions or Bears and is putting up 15 touchdowns a season, you will be yelling at TT.

How long are we going to talk about his potential and when are we going to talk about his underachieving?

Oh and 2010 we were fine without him.

Reaction score
How long are we going to talk about his potential and when are we going to talk about his underachieving?
His underachieving is still just as good as anything else that we have. Why is McCarthy (who doesn't deal with people like Finley usually) still using him in the 5 wide spread every time which causes DD's snaps to be extremely limited. DD is still very good, so maybe he is "Underachieving" from being a star but he is certainly not underachieving at being a mismatch to corners physically or underachieving at being an above average tight end.
True, but he was also leading the league or 2nd in the league in receptions/yards for a TE before he was injured in 2010. What is stopping him from going back to that level?

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's the thing. Who knows. Maybe forever.

At worst you can say we held onto a guy who had the potential to be the best TE in the league and never reached it. He was a 3rd round pick. He dropped to many passes. He talked a little bit too much about things he ought not to be. He was highly thought of by his teammates and competitors alike and he gave us a few good years.

I mean really that's worst case scenario right now. Not all that bad for an "underachiever"

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His underachieving is still just as good as anything else that we have. Why is McCarthy (who doesn't deal with people like Finley usually) still using him in the 5 wide spread every time which causes DD's snaps to be extremely limited. DD is still very good, so maybe he is "Underachieving" from being a star but he is certainly not underachieving at being a mismatch to corners physically or underachieving at being an above average tight end.

True, but he was also leading the league or 2nd in the league in receptions/yards for a TE before he was injured in 2010. What is stopping him from going back to that level?

DD shouldn't be on the field for much more than the hands team for special teams. The game has more of less passed him by. He is being covered by linebackers and is the 5th option on this team and overpaid.
He is also my favorite Packer.

Reaction score
DD shouldn't be on the field for much more than the hands team for special teams. The game has more of less passed him by. He is being covered by linebackers and is the 5th option on this team and overpaid.
He is also my favorite Packer.
5th option? If you count Finley and benson, he is 7th, and if you count everyone, he is behind Crabtree and Alex green too. No matter how bad Finley can become, or is, he is still a threat to defensive coordinators every week. That by itself is enough. I never said we had to throw it to him.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
5th option? If you count Finley and benson, he is 7th, and if you count everyone, he is behind Crabtree and Alex green too. No matter how bad Finley can become, or is, he is still a threat to defensive coordinators every week. That by itself is enough. I never said we had to throw it to him.

To be a threat he has to produce. Otherwise he is just another guy. Give me Kyle Rudolph any day over Finley.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley scored 3 TDs last opener vs Chicago. He Hat-tricked em.
This game, he was the focus of their main focus.

If anyone doesn't see how that helped open things up for Benson, and the other receivers a little bit, then they're the type of fans who only follow the ball that the main cameraman shows them on their screen.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley scored 3 TDs last opener vs Chicago. He Hat-tricked em.
This game, he was the focus of their main focus.

If anyone doesn't see how that helped open things up for Benson, and the other receivers a little bit, then they're the type of fans who only follow the ball that the main cameraman shows them on their screen.

Glad you brought up that game. He has played 5 season and has caught 16 TDs. So 3 in a game is anomaly. He had a great game, no doubt about it. But 1 game doesn't make a player. All I ever hear is he is a decoy, how he opens up everything for the offense, but in reality he is at best an avg player at his position.

Reaction score
Glad you brought up that game. He has played 5 season and has caught 16 TDs. So 3 in a game is anomaly. He had a great game, no doubt about it. But 1 game doesn't make a player. All I ever hear is he is a decoy, how he opens up everything for the offense, but in reality he is at best an avg player at his position.
Look at some of his highlights though. He has so many 15+ yard catches that go down to within a couple yards of the endzone that result in TDs. He has also been ripped off a couple like in the Panthers game last year.

All you ever hear of is that he is a decoy, but reality is he is an average player? It doesn't matter if we think he is average or not, reality is also that Finley does open up things for the offense. Go back to 2010. When Finley was injured, McCarthy had to redesign the offense to not include Finley. That led to us struggling for a few weeks until we hit our stride and the rest is history.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at some of his highlights though. He has so many 15+ yard catches that go down to within a couple yards of the endzone that result in TDs. He has also been ripped off a couple like in the Panthers game last year.

All you ever hear of is that he is a decoy, but reality is he is an average player? It doesn't matter if we think he is average or not, reality is also that Finley does open up things for the offense. Go back to 2010. When Finley was injured, McCarthy had to redesign the offense to not include Finley. That led to us struggling for a few weeks until we hit our stride and the rest is history.

In 2010 the offense did better when he was hurt than when he was on the field. That's a fact.

I really don't know what to say to the comment with you citing highlights as the reason Finley is great. I guess just that I look for production and wins, not to see a player in the top 10 on sports center.

Reaction score
In 2010 the offense did better when he was hurt than when he was on the field. That's a fact.

I really don't know what to say to the comment with you citing highlights as the reason Finley is great. I guess just that I look for production and wins, not to see a player in the top 10 on sports center.
sorry, I meant stats. I think we both know Finley hasn't been on Sportscenter lately. :)

But the 2011 offense WITH Finley did better than the 2010 offense without it. That's a fact :)

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry, I meant stats. I think we both know Finley hasn't been on Sportscenter lately. :)

But the 2011 offense WITH Finley did better than the 2010 offense without it. That's a fact :)

Yes it did. And it's worse off this year with him as well. So there goes that point. You could easily point to the explosion from Nelson in crediting the offensive production. But truly the only fair comparison of his impact should be from the same year he was there and then was gone. I'm sure you can see that offensive make up, plays, coaching, and such changes every year.

Only 1 brought home a Lombardi. I'll let you and Finley's agent figure out what kind of leadership that requires and what kind of TE.

Reaction score
Yes it did. And it's worse off this year with him as well. So there goes that point. You could easily point to the explosion from Nelson in crediting the offensive production. But truly the only fair comparison of his impact should be from the same year he was there and then was gone. I'm sure you can see that offensive make up, plays, coaching, and such changes every year.

Only 1 brought home a Lombardi. I'll let you and Finley's agent figure out what kind of leadership that requires and what kind of TE.
I agree with everything you said... I'm basically just saying that Finley is worth having on the team, whether he is a major part of the offense or not.

Members online

Latest posts