Finley tired of all this Philly BS...

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with him. The Eagles are a lot of talk. Vick will not have a down year. His entire career has been up, down, up, down... Heathy, the Packers repeat easily.

Eis Bowl

Touchdown Artist
Reaction score
I love it!

Let them all keep talking about the Eagles so they can fall on their faces by half way through the season. Both the Eagles and the press.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to not like how outspoken he was, but it doesn't seem his outspokeness affects team chemistry/rapport, so I'm all for it. Makes the Packers image less like the Pats (super bland [but they picked 85 and AH so who knows now])

Also, you should read the replies to Finleys statement. Eagles fans are so offensive. Its kinda like... did you forget the last championship you won was during the Vietnam War?

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Is this the same press that made their usual prediction that the Cowgurlz would be in the chase for the Superbowl?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Does ESPN have some sort of regional deal for their training camp coverage? All I'm seeing here is the Eagles and Jets, the Eagles and the Jets, The Eagles and the Jets. I'm so tired of it, I'd be glad to see coverage of a Chicago training camp day...:suicide_fool-edit:

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PACKERS HAVE THE CHAMPIONSHIP BELT. The Eagles need to take the belt from the Packers on the field. Nobody cares about paper champions.

Reaction score
With all the classy and well spoken guys on our team, it's good to have one person on the roster to talk his true mind 24/7.. as long as it's nothing bad about anybody on the Packers like he did his rookie season. He's so cocky but he can back up every bit of it.

OP
OP
OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does ESPN have some sort of regional deal for their training camp coverage? All I'm seeing here is the Eagles and Jets, the Eagles and the Jets, The Eagles and the Jets. I'm so tired of it, I'd be glad to see coverage of a Chicago training camp day...:suicide_fool-edit:

...well at least you didn't prefer the queenies...we would have to put a call in for the guys in the white coats.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
How often are these projections correct in the end? I haven't been keeping track, but...hardly ever, I bet. It's all just so much yada yada yada. Did anybody (I'm talking "experts") pick Green Bay at the beginning of the season last year? I remember Dallas being picked by at least one major site. We all know how that turned out.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peter King picked the Pack and Steelers in the SB before the season started... Or at least at the beginning of it...

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The same thing happened last pre-season
Only it was the JETS
Let the Eagles get all the media exposure
Let the Champs fly under the radar

Too bad we don't play them during the reg. season to shut them up... again
haven't we won like every meeting btwn them since........

the 4th & 26 game

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why the Pack goes under the media radar.
I don't mind it, but I don't understand it.
Green Bay isn't exactly on the map all the other days of the year.
Maybe that large town/small city kinda transfers into the press somehow?
Yet the Packers does have it's NFL history and tradition.
I dunno.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I don't understand why the Pack goes under the media radar.
I don't mind it, but I don't understand it.

The answer is obvious.

The writers are saving all their good stories about the Packers and Wisconsin for the week leading to the Super Bowl when they will need them the most and Philly will be irrelevant...
:crazy:

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Let's not start having this mentality...

Unfortunately, 50% of this board already does have it. It's like people forget we narrowly made the playoffs and didn't win our own division.

Do I think we are a very good team that should have title aspirations? Of course I do. Does that mean I'm not worried about any other team, especially the Eagles? No, it doesn't. The Eagles definitely improved themselves in a big way this off-season yet many on here are just cutting them down without facts or reason.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Unfortunately, 50% of this board already does have it. It's like people forget we narrowly made the playoffs and didn't win our own division.

Do I think we are a very good team that should have title aspirations? Of course I do. Does that mean I'm not worried about any other team, especially the Eagles? No, it doesn't. The Eagles definitely improved themselves in a big way this off-season yet many on here are just cutting them down without facts or reason.

Some of us aren't impressed with Philly probably because we've seen the same scenario played out again and again to failure. Teams that tried to buy a championship like Washington, Minnesota, Dallas, San Francisco all fell short and then ended up in cap hell the following years. So you will understand us if we're pretty skeptical. Big name players doesn't always equate with big improvement. The Bengals added TO and Ochocinco last year and everyone thought their offense would be unstoppable. How'd that work out? It takes more than big names to make a championship calibre team. On the other hand, a team with few big names can make a dramatic impact at times. Anybody here old enough to remember the "no-name" defense?

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Some of us aren't impressed with Philly probably because we've seen the same scenario played out again and again to failure. Teams that tried to buy a championship like Washington, Minnesota, Dallas, San Francisco all fell short and then ended up in cap hell the following years. So you will understand us if we're pretty skeptical. Big name players doesn't always equate with big improvement. The Bengals added TO and Ochocinco last year and everyone thought their offense would be unstoppable. How'd that work out? It takes more than big names to make a championship calibre team. On the other hand, a team with few big names can make a dramatic impact at times. Anybody here old enough to remember the "no-name" defense?

The difference between teams like Washington/Minnesota and Philadelphia is quite large. Philly has a great coaching staff, stability for the last decade and a very good foundation on which they're building. The Eagles aren't "buying" a championship. Most of their top talent was harvested in the draft with guys like Desean Jackson, Maclin, McCoy and Trent Cole. Even the trade for DRC happened because they drafted Kolb. Comparing an organization like the Eagles to teams like the Redskins and Vikings is laughable.

And the Bengals adding a 36 year-old T.O. is a much less significant pickup than adding one of the top three corners in the NFL in his prime.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The eagles have brought in a ton of people, I dont think its a stretch at all to compare them to what the Redskins have done year in and year out

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The difference between teams like Washington/Minnesota and Philadelphia is quite large. Philly has a great coaching staff, stability for the last decade and a very good foundation on which they're building. The Eagles aren't "buying" a championship. Most of their top talent was harvested in the draft with guys like Desean Jackson, Maclin, McCoy and Trent Cole. Even the trade for DRC happened because they drafted Kolb. Comparing an organization like the Eagles to teams like the Redskins and Vikings is laughable.

And the Bengals adding a 36 year-old T.O. is a much less significant pickup than adding one of the top three corners in the NFL in his prime.

I don't think anybody is going to deny that the Eagles will have a good team with a high talent level. That's a given at this point. However, I think they are being made out to be a bigger deal than they are. Sure they have good players, good coaching staff, but they have yet to been able to put together the pieces to get a SB year out of it. They should of won it in 2003 (?). Yes, I'm going to bring up T.O. here. The Eagles have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot and self destructing. They have come very close these last 10 years, but it's all meaningless if they can't take it to the next level and win the SB. Nobody will remember them or how they almost won the SB 7 times. Now with that being said, yes, I think the Eagles will have a good year. I predict they will win out their division easily. But the real question is are they a SB caliber team. I'm going to say no to that. So close, yet so far. Always falling short of the mark. I think there will be a lot of very disappointed/ angry Eagles fans at the end of this season.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I don't think anybody is going to deny that the Eagles will have a good team with a high talent level. That's a given at this point. However, I think they are being made out to be a bigger deal than they are. Sure they have good players, good coaching staff, but they have yet to been able to put together the pieces to get a SB year out of it. They should of won it in 2003 (?). Yes, I'm going to bring up T.O. here. The Eagles have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot and self destructing. They have come very close these last 10 years, but it's all meaningless if they can't take it to the next level and win the SB. Nobody will remember them or how they almost won the SB 7 times. Now with that being said, yes, I think the Eagles will have a good year. I predict they will win out their division easily. But the real question is are they a SB caliber team. I'm going to say no to that. So close, yet so far. Always falling short of the mark. I think there will be a lot of very disappointed/ angry Eagles fans at the end of this season.

Like you Kitten, I live just close enough to Philly to know that "stability" is not a word often associated with this team in this area. Their coaching was good, but it has gone through some changes the past couple years that I believe negatively affected the team.

As you pointed out so well. They seem to have talent every year, but they don't have the formula on how to make it all work. As good as Andy Reid is, I think he doesn't know how to win big.

Members online

Latest posts