1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Finley tired of all this Philly BS...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by OldSchoolFan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307 / 0 / -0
  2. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86 / 3 / -0
    I agree with him. The Eagles are a lot of talk. Vick will not have a down year. His entire career has been up, down, up, down... Heathy, the Packers repeat easily.
  3. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,388 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    This is why I love Finley! He's not afraid to say what's on his mind! I agree with him 100%! :)
  4. Eis Bowl

Eis Bowl Touchdown Artist

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I love it!

Let them all keep talking about the Eagles so they can fall on their faces by half way through the season. Both the Eagles and the press.
  5. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +116 / 1 / -0
    I used to not like how outspoken he was, but it doesn't seem his outspokeness affects team chemistry/rapport, so I'm all for it. Makes the Packers image less like the Pats (super bland [but they picked 85 and AH so who knows now])

Also, you should read the replies to Finleys statement. Eagles fans are so offensive. Its kinda like... did you forget the last championship you won was during the Vietnam War?
  6. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +442 / 3 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Is this the same press that made their usual prediction that the Cowgurlz would be in the chase for the Superbowl?
  7. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +923 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Does ESPN have some sort of regional deal for their training camp coverage? All I'm seeing here is the Eagles and Jets, the Eagles and the Jets, The Eagles and the Jets. I'm so tired of it, I'd be glad to see coverage of a Chicago training camp day...:suicide_fool-edit:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,388 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Some of that same media picked the Packers to win the SB last year! I guess even they occasionally stumble upon something right! :)
  9. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +578 / 31 / -20
    PACKERS HAVE THE CHAMPIONSHIP BELT. The Eagles need to take the belt from the Packers on the field. Nobody cares about paper champions.
  10. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +585 / 13 / -0
    With all the classy and well spoken guys on our team, it's good to have one person on the roster to talk his true mind 24/7.. as long as it's nothing bad about anybody on the Packers like he did his rookie season. He's so cocky but he can back up every bit of it.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307 / 0 / -0
    ...well at least you didn't prefer the queenies...we would have to put a call in for the guys in the white coats.
  12. CarolinaPackerFan

CarolinaPackerFan Packers fan in Panthers country

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    When you're the best you can say what you want and after this year, everyone will see he is the best TE in the game.
  13. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    How often are these projections correct in the end? I haven't been keeping track, but...hardly ever, I bet. It's all just so much yada yada yada. Did anybody (I'm talking "experts") pick Green Bay at the beginning of the season last year? I remember Dallas being picked by at least one major site. We all know how that turned out.
  14. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Peter King picked the Pack and Steelers in the SB before the season started... Or at least at the beginning of it...
  15. packers020802

packers020802 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55 / 6 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    The same thing happened last pre-season
    Only it was the JETS
    Let the Eagles get all the media exposure
    Let the Champs fly under the radar

Too bad we don't play them during the reg. season to shut them up... again
    haven't we won like every meeting btwn them since........

the 4th & 26 game
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,284 / 51 / -15
    I don't understand why the Pack goes under the media radar.
    I don't mind it, but I don't understand it.
    Green Bay isn't exactly on the map all the other days of the year.
    Maybe that large town/small city kinda transfers into the press somehow?
    Yet the Packers does have it's NFL history and tradition.
    I dunno.
  17. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +710 / 14 / -2
    The answer is obvious.

The writers are saving all their good stories about the Packers and Wisconsin for the week leading to the Super Bowl when they will need them the most and Philly will be irrelevant...
    :crazy:
    • Like Like x 2
  18. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +221 / 6 / -2
    Let's not start having this mentality...
    • Like Like x 1
  19. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,516 / 86 / -26
    Finley running his mouth? shocking.
  20. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, 50% of this board already does have it. It's like people forget we narrowly made the playoffs and didn't win our own division.

Do I think we are a very good team that should have title aspirations? Of course I do. Does that mean I'm not worried about any other team, especially the Eagles? No, it doesn't. The Eagles definitely improved themselves in a big way this off-season yet many on here are just cutting them down without facts or reason.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +923 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Some of us aren't impressed with Philly probably because we've seen the same scenario played out again and again to failure. Teams that tried to buy a championship like Washington, Minnesota, Dallas, San Francisco all fell short and then ended up in cap hell the following years. So you will understand us if we're pretty skeptical. Big name players doesn't always equate with big improvement. The Bengals added TO and Ochocinco last year and everyone thought their offense would be unstoppable. How'd that work out? It takes more than big names to make a championship calibre team. On the other hand, a team with few big names can make a dramatic impact at times. Anybody here old enough to remember the "no-name" defense?
  22. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0

The difference between teams like Washington/Minnesota and Philadelphia is quite large. Philly has a great coaching staff, stability for the last decade and a very good foundation on which they're building. The Eagles aren't "buying" a championship. Most of their top talent was harvested in the draft with guys like Desean Jackson, Maclin, McCoy and Trent Cole. Even the trade for DRC happened because they drafted Kolb. Comparing an organization like the Eagles to teams like the Redskins and Vikings is laughable.

And the Bengals adding a 36 year-old T.O. is a much less significant pickup than adding one of the top three corners in the NFL in his prime.
  23. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,516 / 86 / -26
    The eagles have brought in a ton of people, I dont think its a stretch at all to compare them to what the Redskins have done year in and year out
  24. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,388 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    I don't think anybody is going to deny that the Eagles will have a good team with a high talent level. That's a given at this point. However, I think they are being made out to be a bigger deal than they are. Sure they have good players, good coaching staff, but they have yet to been able to put together the pieces to get a SB year out of it. They should of won it in 2003 (?). Yes, I'm going to bring up T.O. here. The Eagles have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot and self destructing. They have come very close these last 10 years, but it's all meaningless if they can't take it to the next level and win the SB. Nobody will remember them or how they almost won the SB 7 times. Now with that being said, yes, I think the Eagles will have a good year. I predict they will win out their division easily. But the real question is are they a SB caliber team. I'm going to say no to that. So close, yet so far. Always falling short of the mark. I think there will be a lot of very disappointed/ angry Eagles fans at the end of this season.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +923 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Like you Kitten, I live just close enough to Philly to know that "stability" is not a word often associated with this team in this area. Their coaching was good, but it has gone through some changes the past couple years that I believe negatively affected the team.

As you pointed out so well. They seem to have talent every year, but they don't have the formula on how to make it all work. As good as Andy Reid is, I think he doesn't know how to win big.