Finley opens mouth again

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Finley would have been more suited to have played with #4. The two would just have had the best of onversation before they started no-huddle.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully he has to retreat to Arizona to get special treatment on his shoulder for the next few weeks or season or forever.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I'd like to humbly admit that I dun goofed. I defended Finley ad nauseum last year and blamed his poor play on injury, rust, and no offseason.

But he's got no excuses left. I don't even know the stats, but I'd assume he's currently leading the league in drops and now he's complaining yet again and his agent has been getting in on the whining now too.

I wish we had drafted Ladarius Green who looked like he could be developed into a great NFL receiving tight end.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my god is this guy annoying. Just shut up and try to earn a contract. Christopher Reeves had better hands than this guy. I seriously agree with cutting him, at least Crabtree gives his all and doesn't have hands of stone or a mouth the size of a Boeing air plane.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Finley would have been more suited to have played with #4. The two would just have had the best of onversation before they started no-huddle.

Favre had someone pretty close, javon walker

Reaction score
This piece of Dog Sht needs to get out of Green Bay now. How any of you thought he would actually contribute something good to Green Bay when he signed an extension is beyond me. He is a cancer.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Christopher Reeves had better hands than this guy.
Are you referring to the movie actor?
There is no "S" at the end of his name if you are.
I'm not being a grammer ****.
Just wanting to clarify who you mean.
Because if it is the actor, that's a good one!

Trivia: George Reeves played Superman on the TV series in the 1950s.
He also died too young and his death is a mystery.
You can read about it here if you like.
http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/r/georgereeves/reeves.htm

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Rather than trade him because of the financial constraints, perhaps Coach should pull a Lombardi and bench his butt for a couple games. Tell him. "You're riding the pine pony until a. You start playing better b. You get an attitude adjustment. Call this bench the attitude adjustment seminar seat."

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been in this guys corner for his entire stay here in GB. Ive lived through the publicity crap. I've lived through his drops. But now to say him and his QB don't have chemistry because "it takes two". Clearly calling out the best player on the team when all you have shown yourself is to be a distraction both in the good sense ( to opposing team DC) and to our own team. Just cant wrap my mind around it. Let it be known, I officially disown him as a packer and jump on the get him the hell out of here bandwagon.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL live just quoted Finley saying "I'd be scared too if I was getting hit like that." Saying that Rodgers is scared. What is this guy's deal? TT needs to put the muzzle on this idiot before he says something else. I will not miss him at all if he leaves

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rather than trade him because of the financial constraints, perhaps Coach should pull a Lombardi and bench his butt for a couple games. Tell him. "You're riding the pine pony until a. You start playing better b. You get an attitude adjustment. Call this bench the attitude adjustment seminar seat."

Giving it another thought don't think cutting him is the best plan of action. And I think this is the best thing I've heard on this thread. Sit his *** down and see how he feels after watching Dj williams and ryan taylor and Tom Crabtree taking all his precious snaps. It will either make him lose it and give us sure fire reasons to cut him for good. OR (and this is my preferred option) it lights a fire under his butt and he removes his head from said burning butt and comes back after a week or so and plays like he is capable.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL live just quoted Finley saying "I'd be scared too if I was getting hit like that." Saying that Rodgers is scared. What is this guy's deal? TT needs to put the muzzle on this idiot before he says something else. I will not miss him at all if he leaves

I'd like to know the entire content that led to that remark.

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have never liked Finley, his stupid celebration created instant hate for this player. Always drops the ball, over reacts when he gets a small first down, takes dives to try for penalties, and always does that finger pointing bull$#!t. He has not once shown to me that he can make big plays when we really need them. I say send him off to live with TO, Chad Johnson, and all the other vastly overrated prima donnas. Just my opinion

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I keep waiting for him to grow up. I'm becoming more doubtful that will ever happen. He isn't as good as he thinks he is right now but he could be a beast.

And whoever said cut him doesn't realize the salary cap implications if Thompson did that.

Man, I'm with ya... after what?, 5 years?, all that "potential" has to manifest itself on the field as production. I too have been in this kid's corner, like ThanksJack, beating the give him some time to mature drum because seriously, in spite of his on field antics (ala all the prima donna WR's listed elsewhere in this thread), the guy could be a talent...and a big talent. I'm beginning to think that this guy might have a 22-caliber mind in a 357 Magnum offense.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to know the entire content that led to that remark.

Was hoping 13 gave link or article

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/12/finley-reiterates-lack-of-chemistry-with-rodgers/

“I think he’s playing good, but like I said, this is a team sport, and it’s going to take all 11 of us on the field when he’s on the field with us. I don’t put it all on him. It’s his receiving corps, we’re dropping balls; it’s his linemen not blocking for him. He’s got a lot to think about. I would be scared, too, if I was getting hit like that.”

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two things that TT needs to realize:
1. Finley will never grow up.
2. Packers will not win another SB if he is on the team.

The teams that win it all are not necessarily the most talented, but they have the best "team" mentality. Finley destroys that mentality with his frequent destructive comments. The one year he was out injured, a year where GB was considered a "has been" at midseason cause Finley (and Grant) went down, was the year we won it all.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I have been cut down for even mentioning "put tom crabtee in", but when crabtree gets to come in for a play (rarely) he shows good hands, good blocking, enthusiasm, and I beleive he can add a spark to our much fizzled out offense. If the guys wants to play, plays hard, and makes positive plays I don't see why he can't be finleys replacement while he is hurt and if he outperforms finley, I say keep him there.
Got to say that is a valid point. Maybe MM needs to look at the second and third string guys who REALLY have the balls to prove they CAN do it, rather than the Finley types who think they just need to turn up. It couldn`t hurt us anymore than it is already IMHO

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figure TT & MM will try to trade him after the season. It wouldn't break my heart to see him go.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If no one will take him then we can drop him. About 3-4 yrs ago the Packers dropped Hawk so he wouldn't get his roster bonus then a couple days later resigned him.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts