Final word on Moss

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After going back and forth all weekend, I think it's time to let the Moss thing go. Whether you want to put blame on Moss (not restructuring) or TT (not doing the deal earlier), the reality is that Ted Thompson and the Packer organization will be held accountable to the production we get from the receivers this season.

If we added Moss or not, TT is still responsible for helping GB assemble a capable WR group. Even if he had assembled DD, Moss, Jennings, Drew Bennett and Dwayne Jarrett - if the WRs would have struggled he would still be blamed.

We didn't get Moss, life moves on. There will be a handful of solid No. 3 guys cut in the next month and we now have some young guys who could pan out. Let's see how the WRs do this summer and any additional moves we may make before camp. Then, we can break out the torches and pitchforks if things are looking dire.

Still, Moss is gone now and nothing that anyone does will change that (including making voodoo dolls of TT and stabing them repeatedly).

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree with you about everything you said... except that this is going to be the final word. that would be great, but wishful thinking.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

LOL... yep Moss is gone and our hopes of the rumored trade ended like a

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

But you are right... time to let the horse gallop off into the sunset.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post Arles... now I think the interesting thing to consider would be who wins the 2, 3, and 4 spots.

Personally, my guess is Jennings will bounce back from his nagging injury last year and solidify the 2 spot. The other two I don't have a clue on... anyone else have an opinion?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mi_keys said:
Good post Arles... now I think the interesting thing to consider would be who wins the 2, 3, and 4 spots.

Personally, my guess is Jennings will bounce back from his nagging injury last year and solidify the 2 spot. The other two I don't have a clue on... anyone else have an opinion?

Gregorius is not only back, but he's going to smoke every other NFC #2 receiver.

Where's Yared-Yam? We need to bring back that Greg Jennings worship post.

With DD & GJ, we don't need a #3 spot. :thumbsup:

But seriously, I'm over not having Moss now. If I could get over it, so can everyone else.

GO PACK!!!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mi_keys said:

Gregorius is not only back, but he's going to smoke every other NFC #2 receiver.

Where's Yared-Yam? We need to bring back that Greg Jennings worship post.

With DD & GJ, we don't need a #3 spot. :thumbsup:

But seriously, I'm over not having Moss now. If I could get over it, so can everyone else.

GO PACK!!!

I'm more interested in getting the running game going. Didn't Favre carry Billy Schroeder to a 1,000 yard season and a huge contract from the Lions (LOL). I wonder if Brett gets nice Christmas presents from Billy boy.

We had capable receivers on the roster before the draft, and two more were added in the draft. Throw in Koren and I think we will be all right. Moss would have been a luxury, but at what cost?

Reaction score
mi_keys said:

The WR coach (Jimmy Robinson I think) said that last year, they saw fairly early into the mini-camps that Jennings would be able to contribute right away. The WR coach said Jennings picked stuff up very quickly.

My guess is who ever shows similar ability (IE. ability to demonstrate their talent early on AND show that they are improving in grasping their O, will win the job).

For that reason alone, I say Ferggie is #3, one of Martin/Jones/Holiday/Bodiford is #4 and #5, and Clowney #6.

OP
OP
A

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will go out on a limb and say the No. 3 WR for GB (atleast to begin the year) isn't on the roster yet.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
aadp no way clowney gets beat out by bodiford.

id say with the current crop.

DD
K-rob
Jennings
Jones
Fergie
Clowney
Martin
Holiday

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
not to quibble, but K-Rob really can't be in our current plans. long-term, hopefully. but not current.

long term as in worst case scenario he never plays again. yeah. but if he only misses some camp... then i think its ok to include him in plans... but i agree with you, when someones in jail....its kinda hard to count on em. :thumbsup:

which is even more reason to bring in key???

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
not to quibble, but K-Rob really can't be in our current plans. long-term, hopefully. but not current.

long term as in worst case scenario he never plays again. yeah. but if he only misses some camp... then i think its ok to include him in plans... but i agree with you, when someones in jail....its kinda hard to count on em. :thumbsup:

which is even more reason to bring in key???

KRob is already out of jail. He will miss all of TC as he's not allowed back with the team before Sept. 18. At that point the commish will need to decide whether or not to allow him back. He is currently going through rehab for his drinking problem as a part of the requirements to get back. He's doing everything asked of him to play again.

That being said, best case senario is he starts to contribute at WR by midseason -- after learning the playbook. Until then he'll likely contribute most on special teams. It will take awhile for him to move past other guys.

We've got a great group of potential talent. It will be interesting to see which young guys can put it together to make the team. We'll likely on have 5 WRs on the final roster, 6 at most. Let the battles begin!

GO PACK GO!!!

Members online

Latest posts