Final Thoughts On The Super Bowl

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My final thoughts on the Super Bowl.

To FOX.........you suck. We want to see football. We don't give a rats *** about your constant plugging of some geek FOX shows. James Starks had a sweet run and you never replayed it. Ben took a seemingly harmless shot but slammed his head off the concrete.......and you never replayed it. SHOW THE DAMM GAME and not your stupid ads.

To the NFL.....time to get another talent director. The blonde hooker murdered the national anthem beyond belief and maybe only The Who put on a worse halftime show.

To the NFL Part 2.....Maybe think about getting officials with better vision so they don't call phantom face mask penalties.

To Jerry Jones...........did you run short of money and put the cheapest crap available in for turf or just put some cheap foam padding in? How many players were injured just from falling on that concrete garbage without even taking a hard hit?

All us Packers fans heard was how the Pitt defense was so superior to the Packers defense. The Packers had 3 turnovers, Steelers had none. ANY QUESTIONS?

I hope everyone is as happy as I was for Donald Driver and C Wood.......and Aaron Rodgers as well. Brett who?

The Packers MUST get another returner to take over for Tramon Williams. Love em as a corner but not as a special teams player. The stupid penalty almost made me throw **** at the TV.. Not acceptable at all. It's too expensive for me
And last but not least..........

THE LOMBARDI IS COMING HOME TO GREEN BAY...........13 TIME CHAMPIONS BEEEEYUTCHES !!!!!!!!!

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My final thoughts on the Super Bowl.

To FOX.........you suck. We want to see football. We don't give a rats *** about your constant plugging of some geek FOX shows. James Starks had a sweet run and you never replayed it. Ben took a seemingly harmless shot but slammed his head off the concrete.......and you never replayed it. SHOW THE DAMM GAME and not your stupid ads.

To the NFL.....time to get another talent director. The blonde hooker murdered the national anthem beyond belief and maybe only The Who put on a worse halftime show.

To the NFL Part 2.....Maybe think about getting officials with better vision so they don't call phantom face mask penalties.

To Jerry Jones...........did you run short of money and put the cheapest crap available in for turf or just put some cheap foam padding in? How many players were injured just from falling on that concrete garbage without even taking a hard hit?

All us Packers fans heard was how the Pitt defense was so superior to the Packers defense. The Packers had 3 turnovers, Steelers had none. ANY QUESTIONS?

I hope everyone is as happy as I was for Donald Driver and C Wood.......and Aaron Rodgers as well. Brett who?

The Packers MUST get another returner to take over for Tramon Williams. Love em as a corner but not as a special teams player. The stupid penalty almost made me throw **** at the TV.. Not acceptable at all. It's too expensive for me
And last but not least..........

THE LOMBARDI IS COMING HOME TO GREEN BAY...........13 TIME CHAMPIONS BEEEEYUTCHES !!!!!!!!!

Yeah, they should have got the guy who sang for the Bears game! I was moved when that guy sang the anthem!

I really hate the Fox crew of the Cowboy & Steeler **********. Bradshaw is the worst sell out pile crap i have ever seen with his "You win a super bowl and your ok to my Rothlesburger" BS

I would have love to see DD and Wood be able to finish the game. I hope they still enjoy this win. You could tell this team really relied on those two as leaders. It took awhile for them to pull it together when they were out.
\

Great win Packers!

get it together owners and players! Think about the fans!

engelke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, that field was atrocious. i couldnt believe how many players were losing their footing on seemingly routine plays.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game played out like a vignette of the entire season. Overcoming injuries and making just enough championship-level plays to get the job done. How MM wasn't chosen Coach of the Year is criminal. Sweetest thing is, this is only Championship number 1 for these guys. I see a couple more in the very near future. I think the Lombardi trophy has come home for awhile!!!!!!!

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knew it was going to be tough. Couldn't stand listening to Buck and Aikman. You could tell who they were rooting for. Swain caught that ball. There was no face mask on the play. Receivers need to make those catches but they did make up for them. Good job on Rodgers going back to them. All in all a good game. Now if I can sleep tonight.

OP
OP
JJP41

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I forget to add to my final thoughts........

If you've watched any Steelers games, you hear the names Harrison and Polamalu consistently.

How many times did you hear those names tonite?

LebronJames

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordi is a stud and if he can stop dropping balls in big games then he'll be a future pro bowl MVP and possibly super bowl MVP

OP
OP
JJP41

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One last thought.........

One of the Steeler fans was saying there was no way the Packers could cover Heath Miller.

I don't recall him doing a whole lot.....

Maybe the Packers defense was better than people thought.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Jerry Jones has a lot of explaining to do - this whole Super Bowl was a farce and a Charlie Foxtrot as far as preparations, thousands of ticket holders turned away for unsafe seats, the field causing multiple injuries, etc.

I think Dallas will be not hosting another one for a while. His ego is going to see to that.

OP
OP
JJP41

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jerry Jones has a lot of explaining to do - this whole Super Bowl was a farce and a Charlie Foxtrot as far as preparations, thousands of ticket holders turned away for unsafe seats, the field causing multiple injuries, etc.

I think Dallas will be not hosting another one for a while. His ego is going to see to that.

I agree. The safety issue is something the NFL will not overlook, whether it be that of the fans or the players.

Players getting hurt just by falling on the turf is plain unacceptable.

And fans not being able to use seats they paid an arm and a leg for?

Holy ****. Think about how livid you'd be if you plunked down a large amount of cash for tickets only to go to the stadium on gameday and be told you can't use your seats.

I'd be looking for a gun store.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Concerning the field, my heart ached for Woodson and some of those guys who got injured and couldn't make it back in on both sides. When I heard at the beginning of the second half that Woodson would not be coming back, I thought to myself, OK guys you'd better win this for Woodson! And they did! But losing Woodson must of reminded them of what they've been through all year. They just kept playing, kept digging and they prevailed. Woodson only mirrored the season and in a way, maybe made them play even harder. They are like cats, they just keep clawing back!!!!

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts:
- You can't expect to win with 3 turnovers.
- I deserve compensation for Fergie's rendition of "Sweet Child O' Mine".
- The coaching was a wash. It all came down to execution.
- Jerry's house? Or Jerry's kids??
- Always go for it on 4th down when you're between the opponent's 40 and 30. That 52 yard attempt by Suisham was so bad it was actually funny.
- I hope against hope that Goodell saw the ratings and realized that people actually prefer watching this style of football to that weak-*** west coast garbage.

OP
OP
JJP41

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts:
- You can't expect to win with 3 turnovers.
- I deserve compensation for Fergie's rendition of "Sweet Child O' Mine".
- The coaching was a wash. It all came down to execution.
- Jerry's house? Or Jerry's kids??
- Always go for it on 4th down when you're between the opponent's 40 and 30. That 52 yard attempt by Suisham was so bad it was actually funny.
- I hope against hope that Goodell saw the ratings and realized that people actually prefer watching this style of football to that weak-*** west coast garbage.

I think we all deserve compensation for that halftime show.

I didn't think it could get much worse than The Who but they came damm close.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
As strange as it may sound, I think the injuries the Packers had to deal with during the regular season were a big help to the team in the Super Bowl. Had they remained relatively healthy through the season and had the injuries they did in the SB, it probably would have had a major impact on their morale.

I was very sad to see all the players who got hurt have to leave the game. As others have said, the turf was deplorable at best.

I had imagined (as most who knew about these teams) that it would be a hard fought game, and it lived up to my expectations.

I know there was quite a bit of tension between the fan bases here over the last week and a half to two weeks. There was a lot of emotion, and sometimes it ran over, provoked, planned or natural occurrence.

Honestly glad it is now over, amazing how this Colts fan got wrapped up in the Packers over the last month or so, hope you guys didn't mind sharing a little room on the proverbial bandwagon, and if you don't mind, I think I'll stick around.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the presentation Fox had was great, nothing seemed half-assed to me at all. The Fox pregame was pretty terrible, but that is what Fox pregames are made of.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Honestly glad it is now over, amazing how this Colts fan got wrapped up in the Packers over the last month or so, hope you guys didn't mind sharing a little room on the proverbial bandwagon, and if you don't mind, I think I'll stick around.

There's some good peeps here. And a few of them don't even hate my team all that much. :)

You should stick around. I plan to. Packer fans are pretty cool.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
There's some good peeps here. And a few of them don't even hate my team all that much. :)

You should stick around. I plan to. Packer fans are pretty cool.

I've enjoyed my time here for the most part. The threads I didn't enjoy, I stayed out of.

I think it is fun to have fans of teams throughout the league chatting, and it says something for the Packers as an organization and a fanbase that they are able to pull as many of us in as they did.

Heck, if a Pats fan and a Colts fan can get along on a third team's forums, that's saying something, right? You're cool in my book, TheSnowPlow, despite what everyone else here says about ya when you're not logged in :Cheeky:

:happy0005:

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I've enjoyed my time here for the most part. The threads I didn't enjoy, I stayed out of.

I think it is fun to have fans of teams throughout the league chatting, and it says something for the Packers as an organization and a fanbase that they are able to pull as many of us in as they did.

Heck, if a Pats fan and a Colts fan can get along on a third team's forums, that's saying something, right? You're cool in my book, TheSnowPlow, despite what everyone else here says about ya when you're not logged in :Cheeky:

:happy0005:

You're not so bad yourself, Clot Fan. :happy0005:

Maybe next year we can get together and watch the Super Bowl projected on Manning's ginormous forehead :tease:

Members online

Latest posts