Figuring Ted on value

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bills gave Moulds permission to seek a trade that now appears to be a 4th or 5th round pick.

Ted did not do this with Sharper, just cut him for nothing in return.

He cut Joey Thomas shortly after the trade deadline.

As the trade deadline approached last fall I suggested Nall be traded for something. At that point if Favre went down Rodgers would have been thrown into games. Yet nothing in return.

I wonder why Ted does not attempt to salvage some value from some players as he did with Johnson and Morley?

Now with Walker I think his value is decreasing this year. A draft day trade is possible but will he just be gone at the end of the year for nothing? Is the plan to franchise him next year and then trade him?

Does Thompson have a blind spot in this area? Is it the compensatory picks are that good?

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the Sharper issue, Darren was due a roster bonus and TT tried to sign him to a cap friendly contract before his bonus. When they couldn't reach an agreement, TT had to cut him or take a big cap hit which GB couldn't afford.

Sharper then crossed the river and signed a deal with Minny which was similar to what TT was offering. Obviously he just had too much pride to take a pay cut.

As for the Walker situation, it makes no sense to trade him!! Javon is one of the top 5-10 WRs in the league before injury. There's a major question about how well he'll recover from injury, so no team will give us full value for him in a trade.

Walker tried the same stuff last year and TT held tight. In the end, Javon reported to TC on time. Walker's only choice is to report or stay home. If he reports, then he will have enough years in the league to become a FA and he can prove that he's back to his 2004 form. If he stays home and reports for the final 6 games to become a FA, then GB doesn't have to play him. No one will know if he's back to his 2004 form and he won't make nearly as much as a FA.

Suck it up Javon and fulfill the contract you signed. If you didn't play as well, could GB renegotiate to get back some of the money paid to you?

Hold tight Ted! Giving into players only leds to more players doing the same crap. Others are watching and will react accordingly.

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing in return for

Chatman
Flanagan
Jackson
Jue
Longwell
Navies
Nall
Rivera
Sharper
Wahle

Giving talent away with nothing in return does not build for the future. While I recognize that this happens when contracts expire cutting players without letting them do a lot of the work for you in shopping for a trade is bad asset management.

Members online

Latest posts