Fear the Lions?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends on what the Vikings do at QB. If there is no free agency due to the CBA it will benefit us more than anyone else in the division. Bears should take a step back resulting in them firing their coach and or GM. Detroit is going to do nothing but get better. We need an answer in the O line to deal with Suh.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they'll be tough, but like someone else said......a lot depends on if Stafford can stay healthy.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
even if Stafford can't stay healthy King and Stanton have proven to be capable QB's. I wouldn't be surprised to see Stanton as the number 2 over there . If Stafford gets hurt again except him to be cut or asked to take a pay cut after next season.

Reaction score
We always have a hard time winning in Detroit for some reason. They'll be 3rd or 4th in the division. All they do is draft WR's anyway. Suh not counting.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look for them to be a much bigger factor in the next 2 to 3 years. I think next season they will still be rebuilding. They need to get their QB situation settled. But so do the Vikings for that matter, I think the QB problem is even more of a problem for the Vikings than it is for the Lions. The Lions have a lot of talent they can build around but I think it's going to take a few seasons to establish itself. It's going to be an interesting story in our division next year. You have the Lions rebuilding, the Vikings in a state of limbo, no man's land, and those Bears. Who knows what is going on with the Bears and Cutler? That's another thing, they have a crisis of sorts going on too.

But back to the point. Yes, I think the Lions are going to be better next year. I don't think we should "fear" them just yet, The Lion still sleeps tonight, but soon it's going to awaken and roar!

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The vikes have many key players w/ expiring contracts who likely will want to abandon that sinking ship.
The bears probably won't be as fortunate with injuries next year and cutler still has some questions surrounding his leadership
The Lions are a healthy QB away from becoming our primary competition in the North.

The vikes were our main rivals in '09, the bears in '10, the lions may become relevant in '11; seems like the only consistent contender in the NFC North is the Packers :happy0005:

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The vikes have many key players w/ expiring contracts who likely will want to abandon that sinking ship.
The bears probably won't be as fortunate with injuries next year and cutler still has some questions surrounding his leadership
The Lions are a healthy QB away from becoming our primary competition in the North.

The vikes were our main rivals in '09, the bears in '10, the lions may become relevant in '11; seems like the only consistent contender in the NFC North is the Packers :happy0005:

yeah, with 2 losing seasons in the last what? 20ish years? I'd say so :happy0005::Heristical:

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions are just poorly managed. It's the purgatory of the NFC, AFC being the Bengals.

dude your mistaking Martin Mayhew for Matt Millen. Mayhew is FAR superior to Millen any day of the week. The Lions are going to get better because of him unlike Millen who took them from Playoff team to the dredges of the NFL

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know we just won the Super Bowl, but we're not in a position to over-look anyone, the Lions especially. Lest we forget the Lions beat us last year. Their defense was good enough to hold us to zero points WITH Rodgers in the first half and to 3 points in the whole game. They are the best 6-10 team in the league. I look for them to get even better next year.

RE: the Vikings, I think they'll have some struggles, but don't forget they still have some outstanding play makers in Adrian Peterson and Percy Harvin, and Jared Allen is due for a rebound year. However, they have too many unknowns- Unknown QB, unknown defensive line, something like 17 free agents.. It's going to be interesting times in Minnesota this off-season.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know we just won the Super Bowl, but we're not in a position to over-look anyone, the Lions especially. Lest we forget the Lions beat us last year. Their defense was good enough to hold us to zero points WITH Rodgers in the first half and to 3 points in the whole game. They are the best 6-10 team in the league. I look for them to get even better next year.

RE: the Vikings, I think they'll have some struggles, but don't forget they still have some outstanding play makers in Adrian Peterson and Percy Harvin, and Jared Allen is due for a rebound year. However, they have too many unknowns- Unknown QB, unknown defensive line, something like 17 free agents.. It's going to be interesting times in Minnesota this off-season.

I made a thread predicting next years out come and I will stand by my prediction the Detroit Lions will go 10-6 and will be in the playoffs.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fear the Lions? Absolutely not.

But I respect them as rivals now, maybe more than I do the Vikings.

The team that I fear is the Bears' D. It's the only D that gives Rodgers fits. But then again, their offense is so ****** that I don't fear the Bears, just their D. And with Finley and Grant back, I think we'll handle it pretty well.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Everything in the NFC North depends on one thing

Who the Vikings have at Quarterback
And believe me, even when we didn't think Cunnigham or Favre had any left, you can never predict it when they come so close to almost making it, as long as some washed up quarterback is there.

The Lions no doubt are going to be a better team next year.
I don't see Chicago making it far. Take away the Touchdown that was not a Touchdown in Week 1 and the poorly officiated Monday night game in Week 3 that they barely won, they would have been 9-7.

I have more respect for the Lions than i do anyone else in our division currently. And that is for the fact, they are actually TRYING for a change. they didn't lay down at the end of the year, like they are known to do. you could tell they wanted to win in the end, and they did it.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
If Stafford stays healthy, which is a big if, I don't see why they can't win 10 games next year.

A friend told me that they were looking into whether or not Stafford has a medical illness that makes him prone to joint injuries. Things that make bones, tendons, and ligaments weaker. It's entirely possible.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
That'd be a damn shame. I know they're in our division, so I'm not supposed to root for them, but Stafford looks so promising that I want to see how good this team could be if he stuck around a whole year.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
That'd be a damn shame. I know they're in our division, so I'm not supposed to root for them, but Stafford looks so promising that I want to see how good this team could be if he stuck around a whole year.

Right. I think everyone feels sorry for them. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who truly hates the Lions.

Members online

Latest posts