Favre's last throw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even earlier.... Just before Favre steps up and throws it in Driver's direction.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even earlier.... Just before Favre steps up and throws it in Driver's direction.

Thank you, Toddy.

This also shows Favre messed up, forced the issue, and blah.

It's not all Brett's fault, not even close, there's plenty of blame, but boy did that decision and throw SUCK.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to egg #31's house.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is an example of what Favre was seeing all game...

Nobody mentions the fact that the Packers were 1 for 10 on 3rd downs all game, and nobody mentions the fact that the Pack went 3 and out on several possessions before. So what does that, in fact, mean to the relationship of the whole game?

Quite alot, as you will see.

It means that all game since the 2nd half, the Giants were shutting down the Packers offensive running game, short passing game,and also, the long passing game....

So the Packers couldn't run...couldn't execute the short pass...and the WR's couldn't beat the Giants DB's for the mid-range to deep passing game in the 2nd half.

So again, I ask you...what was Favre to do on this play that some of you people are going to micro-analyze to death--so you can beat down Favre all off-season, just like this guy is.....
just for your own jollies?

To me, the biggest series of the game is when the Packers couldn't score a TD after Tauscher recovered that fumble on the 8 yd line. Then, I knew the Pack was in trouble....

Again, so you can understand this....really think about it, what was Favre to do? The running game's not working, neither is the short passing game....The Giants defense is getting pressure on you the whole game..(meaning he doesn't have a comfortable pocket, or "Tom Brady time" back there, which is about 5-7 seconds to scan the field), and your WR's aren't getting open because the Giants DB's are covering them like a blanket all game...

So, you have to do something, right? Grant hadn't yet come free when Favre goes into his throwing motion, so Favre tries to throw the pass to Driver's outside shoulder. But whether it was because Favre's arm was getting cold, or because of the wind pushing the ball down (More likely. He should have put more arc on it),and it gets intercepted...

You have to think of and consider all the circumstances in the entire game, before you summarily pass down judgement...

But for some with an agenda, they will get their jollies treating Favre like that poor horse, passing around emails of video cam shots of the game that they think they understand, and thinking Favre is an "idiot", and that he's "lost it", because look at all the guys who are "wide open" in that picture...But just remember this, it has nothing to do with the truth or reality of the situation....Just like when the Packer "fans" bashed Favre at the beginning of this year saying that he was, "washed up", "had lost his arm strength", "was holding the team hostage", and other such untrue nonsense and garbage of that nature...

No, it wasn't a "bad decision"...Just a tough throw that went bad on a cold winter night.

What's most surprising is not that Favre made that throw. It's that McCarthy didn't change his game plan at all when the Packers were obvioiusly being shut down all second half by the Giants....

For instance, why didn't they run more quick slants to exploit the Giant's LB's?

I guess we'll never know....

Packers_Finland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not "beating" Favre, and I think many other people that you think that are, really aren't. And do you get some kind turned on or something by posting that beating a dead horse.gif everywhere. We've all seen it, it's no use posting it anymore.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You seem a little touchy Fin?

I didn't say you were beating him. The one's who do will know who they are...

I'm curious though. Why are people allowed free reign to criticize Favre, but not allowed to mention Aaron Rodgers in a negative light on this forum without people freaking out?

Don't you think that there's a double standard being applied?

(and yes...it does kind of turn me on...but that's just me!)
:lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzz.......some people freak out no matter what a person does. Whether it's bashing/praising Favre, or Rodgers, or TT, or "Eminem"..........I myself always give my honest opinion on things, whether or not it will ruffle feathers either way.
Sometimes it's HOW a person words things that causes the most problems, not necessarily their opinion.

joym13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Favre's decision was bad, the throw was. He should have thrown it more to the outside so either Driver catches it, or it falls incomplete. Favre himself said that much. He may have been trying to do that, so either the wind got it, or it was off target.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lost for one reason...

Ryan Grant: 13 rushes for 29 yards.

McCarthy lost this game. His BS game plan. When the weather is horrible, you try to run and throw short passes. (Eli only completed 2 passes over 20 yards.)

Coughlin set up a game plan that his players were capable of executing.

McCarthy did not.

p.s. Who would be happy if we never ran a screen again? I swear we lost close to 30 yards on botched screen plays!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't throw it where the guys ARE, you throw it where they're gonna BE.

Toddy's picture, plus the old picture(the where they'll BE) show it's a bad decision and throw. Deal with it, kid\fuzzy.

The time called for smart accurate passes, and we didn't get it.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually agree with Fuzznuts. I wrote a post earlier called something like giving the Giants credit. they didn't give us ANYTHING to work with in the 2nd half. So that's why we looked heartless in the 2nd half. What can you do if the opposing team figures out what you're going to do as you're doing it? Pretty much nothing you can do.

Coughlin beat us. He outcoached us. Hats off to Coughlin.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I actually agree with Fuzznuts. I wrote a post earlier called something like giving the Giants credit. they didn't give us ANYTHING to work with in the 2nd half. So that's why we looked heartless in the 2nd half. What can you do if the opposing team figures out what you're going to do as you're doing it? Pretty much nothing you can do.

Coughlin beat us. He outcoached us. Hats off to Coughlin.

For one, you play just a tad bit smarter. Try getting 2-3 yards running up the middle. Slide, and HOPE that someone is more open next time.

I don't know, I guess it's just me, but if there's EVER a time to take a risk or throw a potential weather-affected ball, overtime on that part of the field isn't it. You see what happened. Our defense barely allowed them a yard on their possession, but yet they were still in field goal range . . and won the game.

That's all i'm saying. Slide, get a yard, and hope someone gets open next time. If not, punt the ball and force them to drive all the way down the field without making a mistake. I understand that our D was playing bad as well as the rest of the team. However, a good punt and having them have to drive the field is just a better option then an interception.

But, maybe that just makes too much sense to some. Not saying i'm right by any means . . but seems like a better option then what happened. At least it gives you a FEW more chances for something good to happen.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Toddy's picture, plus the old picture(the where they'll BE) show it's a bad decision and throw. Deal with it, kid\fuzzy.

How would you (or Brett know) where they're GONNA BE before they make their cuts? He had a defender collapsing in on him on the left side of the line....He had to make the decision while everyone was covered...It was a bad throw, period!

eh...you got nothin!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

How would you (or Brett know) where they're GONNA BE before they make their cuts? He had a defender collapsing in on him on the left side of the line....He had to make the decision while everyone was covered...It was a bad throw, period!

eh...you got nothin!

Brett should know where the hell his receivers are gonna be. they run these plays countless times in practice. Why do you think the bump and run coverage works so well. It disrupts timing and routes that the QB and receiver are used to. Do you know anything about football. You really just sound like a 12 year old fan boy you know that?

Face it, It was a bad throw and a worse decision. Anyone with sense, or basic knowledge of football can understand that. Anyone who isnt a 13 year old girl with a crush on a 38 year old QB at least. Just cause you think the grey in his beard makes him look **** doesnt mean he makes the right decision.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
tromadz said:

eh...you got nothin!

HAHAHA, are you serious dude??? I actually thought you knew a little something about football, but you totally just proved me wrong. Of course a quarterback is SUPPOSED to know where his receivers are going to be. That's why they're called routes, and half the time the ball is throw to where a receiver is supposed to be, not where they are at during the throw. That's why you hear players talk about chemistry, timing, because once you really click with a receiver, you have confidence that he will be where he is supposed to be when he is supposed to be there.

Oh man . . . this is just . . . funny. But not for you.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow...two little Trom clones that know even less, and have to resort to childish name calling and insults...!

What I was saying...(and I'll speak slowly so you can follow along), is that FAVRe doesn't know where the D-E-F-E-N-D-E-R is going to be....as far as he knows, they are going to be sticking to the receivers like glue, like they had been the WHOLE GAME. Get it. This isn't Madden, so maybe you don't understand real football.

Also, when the defenders see the ball in the air, the LET UP on their coverage in case they have to go and make a TACKLE (a tackle is when the defender knocks the guy with the ball to the ground.)

I know this is complex. But try to follow along.....

Or better yet, get a book on football 101 and try not to be so snotty Jr....it's embarrassing to the grownups around here.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For one, you play just a tad bit smarter. Try getting 2-3 yards running up the middle. Slide, and HOPE that someone is more open next time.

I don't know, I guess it's just me, but if there's EVER a time to take a risk or throw a potential weather-affected ball, overtime on that part of the field isn't it. You see what happened. Our defense barely allowed them a yard on their possession, but yet they were still in field goal range . . and won the game.

That's all i'm saying. Slide, get a yard, and hope someone gets open next time. If not, punt the ball and force them to drive all the way down the field without making a mistake. I understand that our D was playing bad as well as the rest of the team. However, a good punt and having them have to drive the field is just a better option then an interception.

But, maybe that just makes too much sense to some. Not saying i'm right by any means . . but seems like a better option then what happened. At least it gives you a FEW more chances for something good to happen.

Sure. I'm not trying to sound defeated.

MM tried to make adjustments. When he made adjustments, Coughlin countered them and they failed.

So we took a chance up field. It bombed on us. It happened. We can analyze this to death, but I'd rather look into the off season and continue to build from within, maybe pick up a free agent or two, and come back next year and fulfill Obi1's wish, which is to be 19-0.

I'm not trying to be rude, you made some good points, but I think we're getting to the point of beating a dead horse. I'm already looking at '08.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm still waiting for someone to photoshop the word F-A-V-R-E on this poor horse...please?

(That should really put an end to what this thread has become!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts