Favre's last game

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course it would be the best if Brett could manage to have his final farewell game be as special as NFL greats John Elway and Jerome Bettis and go out with a Superbowl win. If that is not possible, how would you like to see him go out?

I first thought I wouldn't mind if he lost in the Superbowl and managed to get these young Pack players to the big dance, but then I was thinking that Green Bay has no real storyline connection to any AFC teams. Still a great accomplishment, but I am not sure this is a big storyline seller.

Then I was thinking if Favre lost his last game against Dallas in the NFC finals. I think this would be a great finish to his career even in defeat as it would be played up by the media as Brett passing the torch to a younger gunslinger-type quarterback who many consider Brett's second coming. I like that one a lot (even though I hate the loss).

The other thought was one last playoff game against the Vikes (in a year or two when AP drags this team to the playoffs). Sure Green Bay and Chicago are the traditional rival with the longer history, but during his career, it has really been the Vikes who played Brett the best and really has been the rival with so many close exciting games between our teams. Again it would suck for the loss, but at least it would be against a team which provided so many ups and downs (and ups again :D ) throughout his career.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course it would be the best if Brett could manage to have his final farewell game be as special as NFL greats John Elway and Jerome Bettis and go out with a Superbowl win. If that is not possible, how would you like to see him go out?

I first thought I wouldn't mind if he lost in the Superbowl and managed to get these young Pack players to the big dance, but then I was thinking that Green Bay has no real storyline connection to any AFC teams. Still a great accomplishment, but I am not sure this is a big storyline seller.

Then I was thinking if Favre lost his last game against Dallas in the NFC finals. I think this would be a great finish to his career even in defeat as it would be played up by the media as Brett passing the torch to a younger gunslinger-type quarterback who many consider Brett's second coming. I like that one a lot (even though I hate the loss).

The other thought was one last playoff game against the Vikes (in a year or two when AP drags this team to the playoffs). Sure Green Bay and Chicago are the traditional rival with the longer history, but during his career, it has really been the Vikes who played Brett the best and really has been the rival with so many close exciting games between our teams. Again it would suck for the loss, but at least it would be against a team which provided so many ups and downs (and ups again :D ) throughout his career.

Back to back SB wins.

EDIT: Yes, I did read the whole post, but I just can't accept anything less. ;)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Here is the sad part about the Vikes portion of the post...

Look at the NFC standings..

1 Dallas Cowboys 7 1
2 Green Bay Packers 7 1
3 Detroit Lions 6 2
4 New York Giants 6 2
5 Washington Redskins 5 3
6 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 5 4

If the Vikes put toether a mini run yet this season.. AP may drag them into the playoffs yet this season.. Look at their schedule.. other than the NYG game, which with the running game they may tear that smallish front 7 up, they have a pretty manageable schedule.. at least they have no high powered offenses to contend with and their defense can keep them in the games, that is other than the Packers game.. :razz:

Week Date
10 Nov 11 MIN @ GB
11 Nov 18 OAK @ MIN
12 Nov 25 MIN @ NYG
13 Dec 02 DET @ MIN
14 Dec 09 MIN @ SF
15 Dec 17 CHI @ MIN
16 Dec 23 WAS @ MIN
17 Dec 30 MIN @ DEN

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If not in the SB, then I would like to see his final game to take place in Lambeau, with everyone aware that this was really the end of the era. The stadium would be electric from start to finsh, and probably turned up a notch after the game finished.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yah lambeau or the superbow would be nice, lets see how it plays out....i think hell play at least one more year

favrefourevre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot think of Favre's last game being a loss. He would have to have a season where they didn't qualify for the playoffs, but played alright and won their final game, like the Bears game last year.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found a solution. After winning the SB his last game is the probowl where he takes MVP honours hitting Jennings on 2 80 yard bombs. There that should sove everything

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found a solution. After winning the SB his last game is the probowl where he takes MVP honours hitting Jennings on 2 80 yard bombs. There that should sove everything

I dunno - well deserved though it may be do we really want the last film of him to be in a Packer helmet and those silly red (or blue?) pro bowl jerseys?

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but Brett doesn't need to go back-to-back like Elway, who seemed to run hot at the very end, whereas Brett can proudly say he had 2 more than 10 years apart. of course he has to do it first, but what's wrong with dreaming? :D

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
home field adv. conference finals vs bears game winning td, no ints 3 tds and 300+ yards. TD pass to driver 60+yard bomb

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
home field adv. conference finals vs bears game winning td, no ints 3 tds and 300+ yards. TD pass to driver 60+yard bomb

lol and so rest him and have ARod play in the SuperBowl? :D

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett to finish his career by beating the Bears at Lambeau and condemning them to an 0 - 16 season.

Then going on the win the Superbowl for a third and final time. (We win it this season...haven't you all be told yet???)

Now that would be sweet.............

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett to finish his career by beating the Bears at Lambeau and condemning them to an 0 - 16 season.

...and giving us the first 16-0 season since the Dolphins.

Then going on the win the Superbowl for a third and final time. (We win it this season...haven't you all be told yet???)

...after beating the Viqueens and Cowgirls in the play-offs (the Cowgirls in "Ice Bowl II" for NFC Championship.

Brett wins regular season MVP (again) and SB MVP.

Now that would be sweet.............

OP
OP
T

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot think of Favre's last game being a loss. He would have to have a season where they didn't qualify for the playoffs, but played alright and won their final game, like the Bears game last year.

I am not sure if this is just wishful thinking on my part, but I can't see this Packer team not making the playoffs in the next couple of years. Brett is either going out on his back (sorry for the wrestling lingo) or with a Superbowl win.

I had second thoughts about the Superbowl and the AFC. I do think New England would probably be the best opponent. Favre against Moss has always been pretty magical. The push by Brett for the Pack to bring Moss to Green Bay this past offseason would be a major story. Other than that, if Seattle could manage to get their butts to the big dance, it would be so sweet to see Brett and Holmgren sharing one last special memory, but the odds of that happening are pretty much nil.