Favre's first comeback

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watching Farve's first real game on NFL network. On again tomorrow at 11:00 for anyone interested. I keep laughing how everyone doesn't know about this kid but Ron Wolf has been telling them how good he'll be and is all excited he's in. :pop:

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish i had NFL Network. I have the last drive of that game in three parts. Here it is:

The Favre era begins. Sept. 20th 1992 vs the Bengals:

Part 1:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Part 2:

Part 3:

And highlights of that game:

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I vaguely remember that game. At the time, I was like "where's Makowski and what have you done with him?" Little did I know that good old Ron picked a winner!

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man that was fun! Great to watch.

I've never seen a 1-2 team so happy...

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man that was fun! Great to watch.

I've never seen a 1-2 team so happy...

Heh. If you remember the 70s, we were really happy at 1-2. That means we won a game out of the first three.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a fun game but still frustrating even though you knew the Pack was going to win.

One of the comments the announcers made about Brett was, "Coming out of college he was known for a strong arm but not always accurate."

I think they won that game because Sharpe had to come out of the game due to an injury and that forced Brett to look for another receiver.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a fun game but still frustrating even though you knew the Pack was going to win.

One of the comments the announcers made about Brett was, "Coming out of college he was known for a strong arm but not always accurate."

I think they won that game because Sharpe had to come out of the game due to an injury and that forced Brett to look for another receiver.

The thing is, if you had Sterling Sharpe to throw to, you'd look for him every time to. I don't think people remember just how good he was. He had the speed of a WR but the strength of a TE, and when the ball was in the air, if it was in his area, he's catching it. He'll rip it away from a defender because he was just that strong.

I think we could have won another SB if Sharpe didn't get injured. He simply dominated when he was on the field. If anyone could have made a run on Jerry Rice's records, it would have been Sharpe. Not saying he would have, just saying that if anyone could have, it would have been Sharpe.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not trying to bash Sharpe. I only mean that Brett said himself that because Sterling was so good that he often would not check off and look elsewhere or he would wait too long to check off and since Sterling was not on on the field for their final play Brett had to look elsewhere.

By the way there were about 3 passes that Brett threw that Sterling could not go and get. One was a fad down the left side of the field. It was just out of his reach or it would have been a sure 6 in the 2nd Q. Another was a quick slant with Sterling coming from the left over the middle. I do not remember the 3rd one at this time.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forgot how badly Favre played in the first half. That was fun watching that game again.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We caught the 2nd half last night. Simply amazing to see the genesis of his amazing career. Funny to look at the stands and see (of course) zero #4 jerseys. Not too many other folks out of street garb either for that matter. But boy were they loud! Who knew at the time eh?

Members online

Latest posts