Favre's Chances of Going to another team...

bsmith_501

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been pondering this for a bit, and perhaps someone can help me understand retirement rules.

As I have been saying since the beginning of the season, this is Brett's last year as a Packer. I probably was a little more tenative in the preseason, but I'm very confident now. Some have been calling for Brett to be traded, so we can get a #4 pick for him.

This isn't likely, and its not wise.

Favre would retire immediately, the trade would be voided, and the public relations disaster would be considerable.

However, this is what I do see happening.

Favre retires, keeps himself in shape, rides his tractor, plays golf, knowing he left with gas in the tank and that TT's rebuilding effort and the constant criticism had him leave early.

Halfway through the season, Andy Reid, Mike Holmgren, or Mike Sherman (coaching somewhere else) give him a calls that McNabb/Hasselback/Carr is hurt in the middle of a playoff drive and they want him in as a backup.

His rights are still with the Packers. Favre asks the Packers to relinquish him. TT says, "NO, not unless we get draft choices or something in trade. So Nyah."

Favre says fine, I'm showing up for practice on Monday. What salary does my contract call for again this year?

TT says aha! We will cut you then, thanks for asking! Favre signs on and is starting by Week 10, and goes into a playoff run. Comeback Player of the Year, playoff wins, while the Packers continue to rebuild with Rodgers on IR, and Nall and Gus Frerrotte switching off weeks at starting quarterback.

Honestly, it might be a pipe dream for a Favre fan, but that has a lot more possibility than trading him. If you think that Favre's phone won't be ringing when teams know they will be able to negotiate their own salary with him? Favre says he's a lifelong GBP, and a believe him, but he's going to be pushed out the door, and a competitor like him isn't going to tolerate that for too long sitting on his tractor, thinking about it.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again we address the same issue - Brett Favre has stated publicly he doesn't want to play for anyone else....what is so hard about understanding that?

It's the Packers next year for #4 or retirement.

GO PACK
STAY BRETT

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to see him play somewhere else...cause he's still got it...

and he's getting a bum deal from TT and the Packers....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
smlutz said:
Here is a link from Favre's official website where you can ask him questions etc, and he responds to that question.

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/forum ... php?t=4311

Domain name: officialbrettfavre.com

Registrant Contact:

Nate Yoder ([email protected])
+1.9207374407
Fax: +1.
3002 W Leisure Ln
Phoenix, AZ 85086
US

Administrative Contact:

+1.9207374407
3002 W Leisure Ln
Phoenix, AZ 85086
US

Technical Contact:
DCT Technologies, Inc.
Mike Hokenson ([email protected])
+1.9204360888
Fax: +1.9204310083
1551 Dousman St.
Green Bay, WI 54303
US

Name Servers:
ns1.dminteractive.com
ns2.dminteractive.com

Creation date: 01 Jun 2004 18:17:31
Expiration date: 01 Jun 2006 18:17:31

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
smlutz said:
Here is a link from Favre's official website where you can ask him questions etc, and he responds to that question.

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/forum ... php?t=4311

Domain name: officialbrettfavre.com

Registrant Contact:

+1.9207374407
3002 W Leisure Ln
Phoenix, AZ 85086
US

Administrative Contact:

+1.9207374407
3002 W Leisure Ln
Phoenix, AZ 85086
US

Technical Contact:
DCT Technologies, Inc.
Mike Hokenson ([email protected])
+1.9204360888
Fax: +1.9204310083
1551 Dousman St.
Green Bay, WI 54303
US

Name Servers:
ns1.dminteractive.com
ns2.dminteractive.com

Creation date: 01 Jun 2004 18:17:31
Expiration date: 01 Jun 2006 18:17:31

Thats Brett Favres site, just go to www.officialbrettfavre.com and Favre has a video in which he welcomes you to the site. It is also in his profile on the packers.com domain. "Nate" is the administrator, because, well I highly doubt Brett Favre has enough time to run a website.

Members online

Latest posts