Favre

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part of the responsibility of the offense is to put drives together and stay on the field long enough to keep the defense OFF the field. The Packers have, in many games this season, been woefully unable to do that. When you have such a spotty defense, it becomes a priority. Yesterday, apparently, the defense just fell apart. So blame goes all around.

Favre can't play linebacker and try to stop Pennington and the Jets from scoring. But he and his offense have to produce some first downs. They don't bear the blame but they do share some responsibility. Especially when you have weapons like Ahmam Green, Donald Driver and Greg Jennings.

The Titans won against the Colts yesterday largely because Vince Young & company ate up huge junks of yardage and time and it ketp Peyton Manning watching from the sideline. That's the bottom line. As soon as Manning is on the field, you're in trouble. You can't always just play that game of field position and hope your defense will get a stop. You have to be able to drive the ball.

I'm focusing on the offense here because I don't want to even think about the defense right now. Horrible. Special teams had been really bad, as well.

Don't pin all the blame on Favre. But don't give him a free pass, either. Because Rodgers is out, I say we have to keep him in, it's a no brainer. But if Rodgers were healthy, I'd likely be joining the call for him to start. Not because I don't like Favre, but because it is becoming obvious that if this is simply a rebuilding season, then let's get on with the rebuilding. (sigh)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Without questions his accuracy has been off. Is it costing us games? If he's missing his target and its going incomplete or intercepted, I think its obviously costing us atleast points on the board.

I'm pretty confident if he'd make better decisions with better accuracy we'd have atleast one more win, if not two under our belt.

I don't think benching him is the cure. I think they need to get his confidence built during the early course of the game. Run the ball, do some different things with the rush to keep the defense on their toes. Pass the ball to the TE and RB in the flats and some quick slants.

I'm no expert, I really don't know that ones accuracy diminishes after a period of time. Arm strength does and I think Brett thinks his arm is stronger than it really is.

Recap. Give Brett something better to work with on offense and build his confidence. Another good thing, remove the SCORE so he doesn't know how far behind the Packers are! LoL

agree 100%, kev - good god - did i just say that?!? ;)

absolutely, his inaccuracy (for whatever reason) has cost us games but he is our best choice right now - live with it or jump off the bandwagon!! :D

You seen my pic an suddenly you agree with me on everything? Hmm :)

Were we in a heated debate here? Sorry, I missed it!

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Favre
Is his inaccuracy losing games?"

"53 players are responsibel for loseing not 2 or 3".

brett favre

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our offense as a whole has struggled as of late and had tons of 3 and outs not only does that not get us any points but our defense isnt very good, and because of all the 3 and outs our Defense gets tired and become worse. Part has to do with Favre but im not so sure I like some of the playcalling

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Favre's accuracy has declined a bit over the past few seasons, and it has been a factor in some losses, though it's hard to pin down because of all the other shortcomings on this team. Definitely in the loss to the Patriots, Favre's inaccuracy prevented the team from having a chance to win because it needed to be a shootout for the Packers to have any shot at all. And in the games against the Rams and Jets he also had some problems with accuracy. The Rams game could've been won if he had been more accurate, but this one against the Jets was just going to be a kill no matter what.

I think this groin injury may still be bothering him. His decision-making is a bigger concern because he presses too much when the Packers fall behind in the second half. How many years has it been since he led a fourth quarter comeback? It's more difficult now than ever, of course, with the players around him being so inexperienced or just not very good, but still, I remember him throwing gamewinning TD passes to the likes of Jeff Thomason and Cory Bradford in 1999.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts