Favre

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if he was held accountable they would sit him but because he is favre and his pursuit of the records MM cant bench him or he will be run out of town by fans who worship favre. the backup, bouman or martin probably isnt any better but atleast it would show that MM controls the team and if u play poorly u wont be on the field

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if he was held accountable they would sit him but because he is favre and his pursuit of the records MM cant bench him or he will be run out of town by fans who worship favre. the backup, bouman or martin probably isnt any better but atleast it would show that MM controls the team and if u play poorly u wont be on the field

That comment makes 0 sense whatsoever. Gee why doesn't Cowher sit Roethlisberger or why doesn't coughlin sit Manning?

Yeah that's a great idea for McCarthy to show he's in control. To bench Favre(whom gives us our best chance at winning).

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
manning and roethlisberger are young and considered building blocks for their teams favres career is winding down he has no upside left
when your qb is having an awful game u have to do something to jump start your offense especially when your loosing ball games if anything it would maybe light a fire under favre to play better and make better decisions. what has favre shown lately that guarantees he gives u the best chance to win

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Be careful what you wish for my friend, without the experience that Brett brings the Pack right now, things could be a lot worse ( and that's scary ) !!!

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rundemc said:

Be careful what you wish for my friend, without the experience that Brett brings the Pack right now, things could be a lot worse ( and that's scary ) !!!
38-10 how much worse could it be

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
manning and roethlisberger are young and considered building blocks for their teams favres career is winding down he has no upside left
when your qb is having an awful game u have to do something to jump start your offense especially when your loosing ball games if anything it would maybe light a fire under favre to play better and make better decisions. what has favre shown lately that guarantees he gives u the best chance to win

Lol do I seriously have to answer that question? Ok yeah let's go with the future of our franchise in TODD BOUMAN...Favre is not the problem with the offense nor is he "having horrible games" as you put it...I take issue with some of the things he does and frankly think he should retire because this team isn't going anywhere for a while, but when I see our offense perform I'm not thinking "oh geez if Brett would just do this or that everything would be so much better!!"

With your logic I just can't fathom how you aren't a coach in the NFL. What about when the Giants offense wasn't going anywhere or the steelers offense not going anywhere..why didn't they bench their QBs? Yes I read your argument about young and building blocks yadda yadda, but if they aren't leading their offenses and having horrible days why aren't they sat?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
rundemc said:

Yeah it's Brett's fault that the Jets offense scored a FG and 4 tds on their first 5 posessions.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
rundemc said:

Stat wise, not much. On this particular day I would guess 38-3. Can you put a stat on the importance of Experience and Leadership in the locker room for our younger guys though, esp with a Rookie Head Coach?

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wasnt saying bouman is the future but how can u say favre is not the problem with offense, hes not the only problem, but he has to play better and if he doesnt what are u hurting by sending in bouman or martin. u hope maybe a move like that will help favre realize he has to make better decisions with the ball. and whats the point of leaving him in the entire game when its 31-0 at halftime other than his pusuit of marinos records.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wasnt saying bouman is the future but how can u say favre is not the problem with offense, hes not the only problem, but he has to play better and if he doesnt what are u hurting by sending in bouman or martin. u hope maybe a move like that will help favre realize he has to make better decisions with the ball. and whats the point of leaving him in the entire game when its 31-0 at halftime other than his pusuit of marinos records.

Besides the "Completion Record" , Marino's records are out of reach for Brett this year so I doubt that was the reason he was kept in. I do agree that the last couple of series could have been played by our backups ( but not for your reasons ).

To give the backups some needed playing time when the game is well out of reach and to prevent injury to our starting QB who is still our best option for next year !!!

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah Favre doesn't "realize" he has to make some better decisions. That's it exactly. Btw did you completely forget that favre threw one bad pick today? We have three rookies starting in on our Oline and three rookies in our top 4 recievers along with a TE that has to help block constantly. But yea, how can I say Favre is not the problem.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got a problem for you boys.

1. Where the hell is Donald Lee?
2. Why don't we ever use the TE's
3. Pass protection sucks
4. Francies / Martin duo is terrible
5. My back itches

Favre's inaccuracy seems to be in the 20+ yard area. I don't really see him miss all that much inside that.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
I've got a problem for you boys.

1. Where the hell is Donald Lee?
2. Why don't we ever use the TE's
3. Pass protection sucks
4. Francies / Martin duo is terrible
5. My back itches

Favre's inaccuracy seems to be in the 20+ yard area. I don't really see him miss all that much inside that.

I don't know about fixing the first 4 of those problems, but possibly TT can fix your back itch problem. I'm not banking on it of course.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about fixing the first 4 of those problems, but possibly TT can fix your back itch problem. I'm not banking on it of course.

Well maybe I'll just lie on the ground and writhe in grief like my dog does when she needs a good scratching

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if he realized he needs to make better decisions then why does he continue to make bad ones? like i said hes not the only problem but on a team with a rookie o-line and rookie receivers it doesnt help to have a qb making poor decisions. he needs to realize that on 1st and 2nd downs its ok to use your checkdown receivers.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
His accuracy has been off but he has not been costing us games !!!

He hasn't been helping as much lately though and that's one of many many problems this team has. We could make an on going list and that would on there and that's what Ryan is saying with this thread.

I could be wrong but I thought he ran for a couple of first downs today porky. I would call this helping even if he is not as accurate as of late. This does not include the experience that I assume is being passed on in the locker room by Brett !!!

Threw some picks as well. In fact all of his INT's have come in the Packers 8 loses.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if he realized he needs to make better decisions then why does he continue to make bad ones? like i said hes not the only problem but on a team with a rookie o-line and rookie receivers it doesnt help to have a qb making poor decisions. he needs to realize that on 1st and 2nd downs its ok to use your checkdown receivers.

How do you know the checkdown recievers are even open? Do you really think teams respect our ability to go deep?

Secondly. what bad decisions he made cost us the game?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
porky88 said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

He hasn't been helping as much lately though and that's one of many many problems this team has. We could make an on going list and that would on there and that's what Ryan is saying with this thread.

I could be wrong but I thought he ran for a couple of first downs today porky. I would call this helping even if he is not as accurate as of late. This does not include the experience that I assume is being passed on in the locker room by Brett !!!

Threw some picks as well. In fact all of his INT's have come in the Packers 8 loses.

He could have been perfect today and we still lose by over 20.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
porky88 said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

Good point but how about the note worthy Saints and Rams games. 6-6 and we are in the playoff hunt right now. The Buffalo game as well. That's 7-5.

It's not all of Favre's fault but if people are going to continue to give him a free pass because of the players around them then I'm going to show notworthy stats and this one is big.

Fact is this team lives and dies with him. They can't afford him getting "anxious" with the ball right now.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
porky88 said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
porky88 said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

Good point but how about the note worthy Saints and Rams games. 6-6 and we are in the playoff hunt right now. The Buffalo game as well. That's 7-5.

It's not all of Favre's fault but if people are going to continue to give him a free pass because of the players around them then I'm going to show notworthy stats and this one is big.

Fact is this team lives and dies with him. They can't afford him getting "anxious" with the ball right now.

How in the world are the saints and rams games on Favre? He throws one int against the saints while getting hit and gets the ball stripped from behind against the rams....The big reason we are losing this year doesn't lie on the offensive side of the ball at all, IMO.

OP
OP
R

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

Well maybe I'll just lie on the ground and writhe in grief like my dog does when she needs a good scratching

Haha thanks for the levity yam

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Cory said:
porky88 said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
porky88 said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

How in the world are the saints and rams games on Favre? He throws one int against the saints while getting hit and gets the ball stripped from behind against the rams....The big reason we are losing this year doesn't lie on the offensive side of the ball at all, IMO.

Exactly Cory !!

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
porky88 said:
Cory said:
porky88 said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
porky88 said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

Exactly Cory !!
the defense isnt playing well but the offense doesnt help the much when the can sustain a drive and i think everyone can agree the special teams hasnt helped the defense seems like they are almost always defending a short field

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the defense isnt playing well but the offense doesnt help the much when the can sustain a drive and i think everyone can agree the special teams hasnt helped the defense seems like they are almost always defending a short field

I'm gonna say this once and for all. The New York Jets with Chad Pennington scored a FG and 4 TDs on their first five possessions. That's not the defense "not playing well" thats playing about as bad as any defense has in the history of the game. I don't care if we somehow find a way to morph Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, John Elway, Dan Marino, and Brett Favre together into one person...give them a set of recievers where 3 outa 4 are rookies only one of those rookies being drafted, 3 rookie olinemen starting along a first year starting center and the TE has to stay in and block taking away another reciever, all along with a questionable rookie HC. WE ARE NOT WINNING THAT KIND OF GAME.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the biggest issues, which rundemc is alluding to, is that it's well known that brett gets more careless when the pack are behind, yet there is seemingly no accountability or reason for him not to play that way. What sort of message does that send to the team?

Members online

Latest posts