Favre wasn't Romo's Idol

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leroy Butler on the Subject:

Q. People are making a lot of comparisons between Favre and Tony Romo. Do you see similarities between the two or is Romo his own man?

A. Tony Romo has no similarities with Brett Favre. He's not Brett's size. He doesn't have his arm strength, he doesn't have his savvy. Just because he's from Burlington, Wisconsin, and Brett plays for the Packers, they think there are similarities. Brett's a rare guy and I think Brett will always be the better quarterback. Tony Romo won't get to being the all-time winningest quarterback. With that being in mind, I like my chances with Brett Favre over Tony Romo. But I like Tony Romo a lot. Some good things about Tony Romo are that he's always looking to throw the ball. A lot of quarterbacks look to the first progression or the second progression and then they'll run it. He'll run it, but he's still looking. If you're a safety and you see him scrambling, you have to stay back. You can't go running up because he'll throw it over your head. I think that's the one thing that's killing a lot of people because they see him scrambling around and next thing you know the ball is coming out of there. And he has an awkward throwing motion. It starts almost from the lower waist on up. It's a slower motion. Brett's delivery is nice, stand-tall-in-the-pocket with a lot of velocity. His is move around the pocket, get out of the pocket and kind of wind up and let it go.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is this so important to anyone whether he Idolized Brett or not?

I seriously doubt it matters one way or the other to Favre.

Its just a Cowboys fan trying to flame. He will deny that of course.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
To me, Romo is "attempting" to downplay his love for Brett to the media this week because he wants to focus and make this a clean match up, and not the answer to his childhood dreams. But I think the truth comes out all over, his interviews, he simply mimicking Brett's style of play, his video footage of his impressions of Brett, the love is there my friends, the love is there :p

OP
OP
B

BayouCowboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what are you saying??? The two beat writers know each other well? Or that they plagiarized each other?
I'm not saying anything. I posted an article that I thought was interesting and you chose to take a shot at me. I'm not sure why. The article says nothing negative about Favre and Romo has stated many times that he respects and admires Favre. I really thought it was funny that everyone assumes that Favre is Romo's idol. It just shows how the media tend to grab hold of stories that are loosely based on reality and spin them for the drama. Keyshawn said on ESPN last night that he wondered how Romo would play knowing he was going up against his idol. I just find the whole thing hilarious.

I didn't come here to insult or cause any trouble. I just enjoy getting perspective from opposing fans. :wink:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
To me, Romo is "attempting" to downplay his love for Brett to the media this week because he wants to focus and make this a clean match up, and not the answer to his childhood dreams. But I think the truth comes out all over, his interviews, he simply mimicking Brett's style of play, his video footage of his impressions of Brett, the love is there my friends, the love is there :p

and that's not a bad thing. romo is young. brett is old. i can hardly believe there is anyone in the league who doesn't admire brett favre. it's not as if romo is less of a man, or less of a football player, if he admires favre.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:

Think he owns a Favre Fat Head?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
In high school he wore 16 for Joe Montana..

If he had so much love for Brett why not go for #4?

OP
OP
B

BayouCowboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DGB454 said:
Why is this so important to anyone whether he Idolized Brett or not?

I seriously doubt it matters one way or the other to Favre.

Its just a Cowboys fan trying to flame. He will deny that of course.
Wow, you're really paranoid. Read my other posts and honestly tell me I've come here to do that.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:

Think he owns a Favre Fat Head?

I wouldn't deny it! lol! How hilarious would that be?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
So what are you saying??? The two beat writers know each other well? Or that they plagiarized each other?
I'm not saying anything. I posted an article that I thought was interesting and you chose to take a shot at me. I'm not sure why. The article says nothing negative about Favre and Romo has stated many times that he respects and admires Favre. I really thought it was funny that everyone assumes that Favre is Romo's idol. It just shows how the media tend to grab hold of stories that are loosely based on reality and spin them for the drama. Keyshawn said on ESPN last night that he wondered how Romo would play knowing he was going up against his idol. I just find the whole thing hilarious.

I didn't come here to insult or cause any trouble. I just enjoy getting perspective from opposing fans. :wink:

I haven't BEGUN to take shots at you. I am just welcoming you to the board.

I find it humorous that you would post this article yet just this morning I see on ESPN that Romo DID indeed look at Favre as a childhood idol.

So in posting this, what were you trying to get a perspective on?

Your other post was a perspecting post. This one seems more like a flaming post...

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
longtimefan said:
In high school he wore 16 for Joe Montana..

If he had so much love for Brett why not go for #4?

Cullen Jenkins wears 77 because that's what I wore in HS.

Kamp wears 74 cuz I wore it in HS too

OK guys for your info, I wore number 4 in high school but I doubt that Brett wears it for that reason.

OP
OP
B

BayouCowboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BayouCowboy said:
Obi1 said:

I find it humorous that you would post this article yet just this morning I see on ESPN that Romo DID indeed look at Favre as a childhood idol.

Your other post was a perspecting post. This one seems more like a flaming post...
Romo had lots of QBs that he admired and I'm sure Brett was "one" of them. It's not a big deal. I'm sorry if the article is that upsetting to you.

As for shot, you stated "And here you claim to be a knowledgeable Cowboys fan... ". Maybe it was a joke, but don't question my fanhood, LOL. :lol:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
BayouCowboy said:
Obi1 said:

Romo had lots of QBs that he admired and I'm sure Brett was "one" of them. It's not a big deal. I'm sorry if the article is that upsetting to you.

As for shot, you stated "And here you claim to be a knowledgeable Cowboys fan... ". Maybe it was a joke, but don't question my fanhood, LOL. :lol:

does your fanhood need questioning? hahaha

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
BayouCowboy said:
Obi1 said:

Yeah I know, I have a big fan of myself between my legs too. It also happens to be a fan of a Woman I like as well... you know what I mean?
I don't find the article upsetting nor your post.
Like you said, YOU are trying to get a perspective from the other side... well, you got mine!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't wear ANY number in high school.....hey.....wait......Mike McCarthy doesn't wear a number.......i bet it's cause he idolized ME!!!! :roll: :lol:

(I heard Favre idolizes Tony Romo.......he wants to be JUST like him, and fumble a snap on a kick, just like his idol Romo! Thats why the Packers don't let Favre hold on field goals!) :wink:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't wear ANY number in high school.....hey.....wait......Mike McCarthy doesn't wear a number.......i bet it's cause he idolized ME!!!! :roll: :lol:

(I heard Favre idolizes Tony Romo.......he wants to be JUST like him, and fumble a snap on a kick, just like his idol Romo! Thats why the Packers don't let Favre hold on field goals!) :wink:

LOL

I didn't know the reason why they didn't let Favre hold... Thanks for clearing THAT one up!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:

That's what I heard on TV today. Someone reported that he's downplaying it because he's got to beat this guy on Thursday. I think it was NFL Network.

Whether or not he idolizes Favre is irrelevant to the game in my opinion. It's Cowboys and Packers not just Romo and Favr.

OP
OP
B

BayouCowboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BayouCowboy said:
Obi1 said:
BayouCowboy said:
Obi1 said:

Yeah I know, I have a big fan of myself between my legs too. It also happens to be a fan of a Woman I like as well... you know what I mean?
I don't find the article upsetting nor your post.
Like you said, YOU are trying to get a perspective from the other side... well, you got mine!
You may want to reword that. It sounds a little disturbing. :shock:

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still like the quote from Urlacher.. they asked him what he thought about Brett Favre..

Urlacher said, "he reminds me of an old Tony Romo."

Total BS but I gotta hand to the guy for that one. Snap.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I don't buy that article. No way Romo grew up in Wisconsin not being a GB fan (unless he is retarded). He probably bleeds green and gold but has to pretend for the NFL media machine he doesn't.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i remember a monday night game last year....romo admitted he loved and watched favre when he was a kid, hes just changing his tune now

Members online

Latest posts