Favre to the Vikings

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles Martin. I'm sure some people don't remember him (he died a while back). Some remember what he did (he grabbed McMahon well after he'd thrown the ball and drove him into the turf). What few remember is why.

The Packers had lost their QB the previous season to late hits, and the week before their QB had taken a number of late hits. So when the Bears started taking late shots at our QB, Martin decided it was time to even the score and he certainly did that.

Yeah, it was a dirty and dangerous hit, just like when a pitcher throws at a batter in baseball. But it sent a clear message.....stop hitting our QB late. McMahon, if I recall correctly, had missed quite a few games with injury that year and then missed the last four games of the season after Martin tent-pegged him.

If you remember all this, try to pretend that you don't remember that at this time the Bears were the dirtiest team in the league. Try also to pretend that Martin's hit was totally unprovoked.

Wrong.
Where did you get that complete ******** story from?
The Packer's coach Forrest Gregg had a grudge with the Bears coach Mike Ditka going all the way back to their playing days.

Charles Martin had the numbers of all the Bears players that he claimed that he was going to knock out of the game written on a towel that was stuffed into his pants and he said before the game even started that it was his "hit list".
The hit he made on McMahon was not a hit at all let alone a late one.

Martin was ejected from the game and suspended for the next two so let’s not sugar coat it by calling it a late hit.
Many NFL fans view that as the biggest dirt bag act of all time yet Packer fans cheered it and some obviously still find it funny.
Pathetic.
The Packers pulled the same act in the game in Green Bay the year before with Ken Stills making a hit on Matt Suhey long after the whistle was blown and cornerback Mark Lee driving Walter Payton into the bench a good ten yards out of bounds. Lee was ejected.

They could not stop Payton (192 yards on 28 carries) so they tried to hurt him by playing like a bunch of cheap shot a-holes and the 55,343 Packer fans at Lambeau cheered for this crap.
Not exactly your finest moment Packer fans.
This was one year to the month before the McMahon/Martin thing so your story about Martin getting even does not come close to the truth.
Gregg said that he approved of all of this after the game.
He was a ******.

The truth is that the Packers could not compete with the Bears on the field so Gregg let his team become jag offs with his approval.
There was no "the Bears were the dirtiest team in the league" thing going on except in your head.

Learn the history of your own team or stick to soccer.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey now!
some of us take offense to that! Futebol is a perfectly good sport!:blind:

Its a sport?
A sport for guys who can't do anything else so they celebrate a 0-0 tie like it was some great accomplishment.
That is why parents push their kids into now.
Little Todd gets a trophy for having no talent or athletic skills what so ever and no one can tell the difference.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a sport?
A sport for guys who can't do anything else so they celebrate a 0-0 tie like it was some great accomplishment.
That is why parents push their kids into now.
Little Todd gets a trophy for having no talent or athletic skills what so ever and no one can tell the difference.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........
Yeah, such a ***** sport...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhpdzmm18-U]YouTube - Violencia no Futebol[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSsXH0kVCUw&feature=related]YouTube - Souza quebrando o braço de João Victor - Libertadores 2007[/ame]

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Brett wants to give it one more shot with our archrival Vikings eh? I can't say I'm happy about it, but I do think the Packer head office handled his departure poorly. That being said, as Packer fans, we need to remember when we decided to sign an old washed up quarterback from Chicago, named Jim McMahon just how that must have felt for the Bears fans. We chuckled, and they groaned. Now we know their pain. Players come and go. This is the new NFL, and we better learn to accept it because it ain't changing anytime soon.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Stop with the Jim Mc stuff..

He came to be a back up Brett is there to START and to STICK it

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Then why was he with the Chargers, Eagles, Vikings and Cardinals?
To stick it to the Bears or because he was washed up and overrated form the beginning?

McMahon was 7 years removed from the Bears by the time he landed in Green Bay so this must have been a very patient revenge plan that he hatched .
:scratch:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Brett wants to give it one more shot with our archrival Vikings eh? I can't say I'm happy about it, but I do think the Packer head office handled his departure poorly. That being said, as Packer fans, we need to remember when we decided to sign an old washed up quarterback from Chicago, named Jim McMahon just how that must have felt for the Bears fans. We chuckled, and they groaned. Now we know their pain. Players come and go. This is the new NFL, and we better learn to accept it because it ain't changing anytime soon.

No.... no one here gave a damn.
We laughed at the thought of Packer fans sucking up to McMahon.

Wait.... are you comparing Favre to McMahon?
Hahahahaaaaaa...
I guess they must be even because Favre won just one ring with the Packers while McMahon won just one with the Bears.
:jester:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Then why was he with the Chargers, Eagles, Vikings and Cardinals?
To stick it to the Bears or because he was washed up and overrated form the beginning?

McMahon was 7 years removed from the Bears by the time he landed in Green Bay so this must have been a very patient revenge plan that he hatched .
:scratch:

Sorry late night to try and type lol

Meant Brett is there to start for the Viks and stick it to Ted

Jim came to the Packers to be a back up

The 2are totally different and should not be compared

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wrong.
Where did you get that complete ******** story from?

The Packers pulled the same act in the game in Green Bay the year before with Ken Stills making a hit on Matt Suhey long after the whistle was blown and cornerback Mark Lee driving Walter Payton into the bench a good ten yards out of bounds. Lee was ejected.

Learn the history of your own team or stick to soccer.

1) I know the history of the Packers a lot better than you think.

2) The Mark Lee/Walter Payton into the sideline bench thing has always interested me. In fact, that game was on the NFL Network not too long ago and when it comes on again, I'd like you to look closely at Payton grabbing ahold of Lee's facemask. That's why Lee couldn't separate from Payton and why the action ended up so far out of bounds.

3) The Ken Stills hit on Matt Suhey was definitely a late, and dirty, hit.

4) The enmity between Ditka and Gregg is well documented, both as players and coaches.

5) The Bears were a dirty team under Ditka. I stand by that statement. But I'd agree that the Packers were dirty against the Bears under Gregg.

6) Charles Martin took McMahon out of the game specifically in retaliation for late hits on the Packer QB.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about a video of one of those 90 minute 0-0 snooze fests?
You know.... the ones where the fans sing ole ole ole oleeeeee... as some guy rolls around like a little girl because he got kicked in the shin.
I have seen baseball players get drilled in the head by a 95 mph fastball and not put on a show like that.
I can show you that awful 3-0 Steelers Dolphins in 2007. Couldn't stay awake during the whole thing. MNF btw. And I could also show the 1999 Champions League FINAL between Bayern München and Manchester United. 1-0 Bayern till 89', then two Utd goals in 2 minutes to claim the title.
-
Don't give me the Football is exciting Soccer is boring ********. If you don't like it, I can respect that. But this is not the Smack Area.

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.... no one here gave a damn.
We laughed at the thought of Packer fans sucking up to McMahon.

Wait.... are you comparing Favre to McMahon?
Hahahahaaaaaa...
I guess they must be even because Favre won just one ring with the Packers while McMahon won just one with the Bears.
:jester:
I don't really believe that no-one in Chicago noticed that their golden-boy Jimmy Mac signed on with the Packers. And I also don't believe that he did it for revenge. I think most fans of the NFL would agree that in a head to head comparison, Brett Favre was clearly the better QB. He has played for 16 or 17 years straight without ever coming out of a game for an injury, . If you want to suggest that the two are even based only on their Superbowl rings then technically you are wrong. Brett only has one, Jim has 2. One from his win with Chicago, and one as a backup to Brett Favre in Green Bay.

Staff online

Latest posts