Favre to retire

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Pack93z said:
Pack93z said:
Until Brett himself comes out and says it from his own lips... ah nevermind. ;)

The more I read and listen about.. the more I think there is a slight chance of hope that he yet could return.. something doesn't seem right about this whole thing.. maybe just wishful thinking.

Well, and that's what I'm wondering: why hasn't he scheduled a press conference? Why is there no official announcement? Maybe he wants to be persuaded back to the team.

It seems weird that if he is so intent to retire then why wouldn't he just hold an official press conference to say so? I'm sure he knows that everyone wants to hear it from him.

We'll see how this all plays out.

TT and McCarthy's presser is at 4 eastern. Just heard it on NFLN.

Brett will be there

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am officially depressed. Feels like I just got punched in the face. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later but.....

Damn!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel warm and tingly all over. Oh wait. I just peed my myself. :oops: Nevermind. :(

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am officially depressed. Feels like I just got punched in the face. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later but.....

Damn!

Through death, comes life.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone contacted Madden for an interview yet? I bet he is way more depressed than any of you guys haha.

They rushed him and Peter King to the hospital.

Rumor has it Peter King was scratching at Tom Brady's door like a puppy wanted to come inside.

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DGB454 said:

Damn!

SORRY. I HAVE BEEN AWAY SINCE THE GIANTS GAME. AFTER THE LAST TWO MONTHS OF SIGNS, I KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMING...GREAT QB AT THE END OF AN ERA WITH A NEW ERA, IF POSSIBLE, TO START AT THE PACKERS.

8) 8) 8) 8)

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so flippin' dumbfounded that I can post anything serious. I can't post in the "Favre Appreciation" thread, cause I'm not in the mood to post any happy memories. I'm pissed, but I'm not. It's only been a few hours, but I'm ready for this to die down so we can move on an figure out whats next.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's already starting in Green Bay. People are mad, sad, depressed. It's going to be at least a month before anyone gets over this and then when the season starts it's going to be tough again. I'm glad he left this way and not via an injury though.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DGB454 said:

Damn!

So.... you are saying I should kill myself?

I'm depressed but not suicidal.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm definitely sad to see him go. But, he had a very good final season and I think it's time for us (as Packer fans) to start transitioning forward. I'd like to see what Rodgers can do (and maybe sign a vet backup), but the strength of this team is the RB, WR, defense and special teams. This isn't like it would have been if Brett would have retired three years ago when we had nothing but Favre and scrubs.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As old TOPacker used to quote, " what does not kill you, will make you stronger". I still would lay down a side bet that he changes his mind, that's how far removed from reality my thoughts are!

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bigfog said:
Mooch is on NFLN right now, very nice words for Favre.

He's crying, isn't he?

He's on the phone, I guess he talked to Favre for about 30 minutes. Can't really tell if he is crying or not, but I suspect that he is. Actually, when he started talking about how the town of Green Bay is feeling right now, you could abudibly tell he was tearing up.

NFLN has turned this into Favre day. Specials all the day now.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
As old TOPacker used to quote, " what does not kill you, will make you stronger". I still would lay down a side bet that he changes his mind, that's how far removed from reality my thoughts are!

It is going to be a strong itch come September and the games are going on without you..

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a sad, sad day, but I can't say I'm shocked. Considering how well he played last season and how far the team went, he was taking a LOOOOONG time to make his decision.

He always said he wanted to go out when he was still near the top of his game, and he's done that. It would not have been the case had he retired after the 2005 season, or even 2006. It's a bummer that his last game was a loss, though. I was at that game, so I witnessed a piece of NFL history, but not the kind of history that I wanted to witness.

We're going to miss Favre even if his replacement plays well. He's a once-in-a-lifetime player.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know a certain someone thats is getting drunk tonight!... starting now.

Thanks Favre. It really has been a blast.

Aaron... strap up son.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know what to say...... is it official that he is retireing?

It is on Packers.com so it must be so. Brett also left a message on the answer mach.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Son of a.....

Man.... damn being 3 hours behind everyone else.... I didn't even have time to turn on the TV this morning. I had to hear it from my co-worker.

Alright Aaron.... tag, you're in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts