Favre to RETIRE?? RUMOR

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Childress says he's not aware of Favre's intent to retire

Vikings coach Brad Childress arrived at the podium roughly 10 minutes late for his previously-scheduled press conference.Amazingly, he said nothing about the Brett Favre situation in his opening remarks.Even more amazingly, the first question had nothing to do with Favre.The...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My Bet?

He stays on the PUP list as long as he can. What is that 6 games? If the Vikings record is favorable at that time he comes back to finish out the season so his oldness doesnt come into play as much and he gets a better chance at being the hero he believes everyone should believe he is.

:viksux: Can we change this banner to favre sucks? Man what a pile of **** this guy is. He **** on the Packers and the Jets and now he is ******** on the Vikings. Why do people still want to touch this turd?

C

cvg_crazy

I'll tell you exactly why his re-re-retirement is for real this time. Simple. He doesn't want a loss to Rodgers on his record. We should be hearing about his 1 day contract with the Packers in the next few weeks.

God i hope your right about the contract. i want him to retire as a Packer. it would just be a shame to end it as a Queen. i would hope that even he knows this.

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Report: Vikings prepared to offer Favre money, time

Regardless of whether Vikings quarterback Brett Favre is getting the word out about his Third Annual Retirement in order to buy time or more money from the team, the end result is that he'll likely be offered more time and/or...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN has just been embarrassing themselves today with their bromance for No. 4. You'd think these guys would gather themselves after an hour of wall to wall and move on, but they are on a mission to make this guy look like he walks on water, bad ankle and all.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Hope it sticks this time.

Then I hope The Pack Retires his Jersey Week 2 At Home Against the Bills.

Even though i hate what he did. Im sure Years down the road and look back and think why he did that.

For me The Brett I know retired with the Packers. Thats the Brett that should be remembered for.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to believe. I just can't. It would be so great if he would sign i contract with the Packers just to retire. I could handle that.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Vikings fans should be LeBron to Cleveland livid if this is true. They had Jimmy Clausen fall into their laps in the draft and DIDN'T take him, most likely because they thought Favre was coming back.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre retires, goes to the Jets/Queenies

I think few of you know that it is common for "our players" to go on to other teams after they "retire"
Jimmy Taylor went to the Saints, Paul Hornung followed him. Forrest Gregg and Herb Adderley played for the Cowgirls after they left Green Bay...Lombardi went to Washington for crying out loud and he is still the Pope in Lambeau.

It happens, I hold no grudges, he is still the best I ever saw play!

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say we give the number 4 jersey to crosby any 1 agree?

Nah, maybe Sam Shields if he makes the team. Or Graham Harrel if he is still around.

If he doesn't come back, which he probably will because he needs the media attention, it will be fun watching their offense plummet to mediocrity.

It's too bad though, I wanted a rematch for last year.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre retires, goes to the Jets/Queenies

I think few of you know that it is common for "our players" to go on to other teams after they "retire"
Jimmy Taylor went to the Saints, Paul Hornung followed him. Forrest Gregg and Herb Adderley played for the Cowgirls after they left Green Bay...Lombardi went to Washington for crying out loud and he is still the Pope in Lambeau.

It happens, I hold no grudges, he is still the best I ever saw play!

The difference in all of those players is that none of them retired--they were traded. Hornung never played for the Saints. Taylor 1 year, Gregg 1 year (and won another Championship with the Cowboys), Adderly played the most after being traded and also won another Championship with the Cowboys. Adderly, by the way, refused to wear his Cowboy ring, saying he was "a Green Bay Packer".

None of these players, or Lombardi, forced themselves off the team like The Interceptor. None of them held themselves above the team. Can you imagine BF staying away from Lombardi's training camp?

BF is a good player--but still ranks behind Starr as the greatest I've seen play. Some day he may claim to be "a Green Bay Packer", but I doubt it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Brett has the right to play where he wants...It is his right..

Just like it is a PACKERS fan right to boo him and wish him to end up one game worse than the Pack..

Why is it so damn hard to understand that as a PACKER fan we dont want him to do well?

Members online

Latest posts