Favre to call Bluff?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HMMMM. Knowing Brett backed out early due to pressure (which I'm sure got back to TT) then NOT opting to put any pressure on him later LED BRETT TO BELIEVE he had essentially a free ticket to make the call anytime he chose to. HMMMM.

Sounds like one of the best set-ups of all time if you ask me.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would he want to do this the the Packer organization, the City of Green Bay and the fans that have treated him like a king for the last 15 years.
This is getting more bizzare every time he opens his mouth.
What could have brought this proud man and this proud franchise to these crossroads?

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3490792

"The one thing in this, I do feel bad for Aaron a little bit," Favre said. "I think he'll do a fine job, to be totally honest with you, I do. He has been injured. I mean, the two injuries are not his fault. Couldn't control. I know this has been tough on him. I think he'll do a fine job. And this has nothing to do with him, this whole deal. That said, Favre doesn't seem inclined to take a back seat to Rodgers."

Hmmm....comments?

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey TT, release Brett already and get this thing over with.

Your spin on the whole situation has worked!!! BF is the bad guy. He is no longer wanted in Green Bay, so just finish this thing and release him already!!!!!

Wait to long and the wind may start blowing in the other direction!!!!

Now is the time to finsih off Brett!!!!

Then you can be everyones hero and won't have to be looking over BF's shoulder.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3490792

"The one thing in this, I do feel bad for Aaron a little bit," Favre said. "I think he'll do a fine job, to be totally honest with you, I do. He has been injured. I mean, the two injuries are not his fault. Couldn't control. I know this has been tough on him. I think he'll do a fine job. And this has nothing to do with him, this whole deal. That said, Favre doesn't seem inclined to take a back seat to Rodgers."

Hmmm....comments?

Can't you just spin it into a "Favre being an ******* quote" yourself ?

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Your spin on the whole situation has worked!!! BF is the bad guy. He is no longer wanted in Green Bay, so just finish this thing and release him already!!!!!

ok LETS NOT GO ALL BLACK HELO on this one here. I dont think TT give a sheet either way. He wants a straight answer. Brett gave em it. Brett waffled, waffled again. In the end I think Brett lines up in Green Bay or nowhere else.
Hey maybe TT just wants Brett pissed off when he comes back. pissed off players tend to be highly motivated.

Maybe TT is the shoebomber. I mean really folks. If if's and but's were candy and nuts ohhh what a Christmas it would be.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Come on Cal2GB.. those comments weren't cutting on Rodgers.. and to be honest, no HOF QB with a high competitive nature would outright take a backseat to any QB on the roster so to speak, he would want to start.

The issue that I have, is Favre isn't meeting this thing half way, come back and prove that you are a better option to lead this team on the field this year.. there I think lies the problem possibly, Brett may understand the Aaron is close or equal in potential, an maybe, just maybe this whole deal is Brett wants to force his way out of GB so he doesn't have to face the fact that he isn't the best man for the job anymore so to speak.

Maybe for the first time in his stay in Green Bay he is doubting himself, throwing up whatever it takes to avoid a direct challenge or competition for the starting job. Something is driving this sporatic behavior lately.. and something has changed this once, take no prisoners I am the best man for the job person that started in Green Bay for 16 plus years..

All speculation of course.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:

ok LETS NOT GO ALL BLACK HELO on this one here. I dont think TT give a sheet either way. He wants a straight answer. Brett gave em it. Brett waffled, waffled again. In the end I think Brett lines up in Green Bay or nowhere else.
Hey maybe TT just wants Brett pissed off when he comes back. pissed off players tend to be highly motivated.

Maybe TT is the shoebomber. I mean really folks. If if's and but's were candy and nuts ohhh what a Christmas it would be.

Just release him and get it over with!!!!!!!

What is the big deal???

No more waffling, no more waiting, no more wondering!!!!

TT and The Packers have moved on.
Nobody wants Brett back anymore.

SO JUST RELEASE HIM ALREADY AND GET ON WITH PREPARING FOR 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What is the big deal???

Release a future HOF'er? Why would we do that? We can easily just reinstate him to the roster and trade him. It'd be getting something for nothing.

We can either release him and get nothing... or trade him and get something... or he stays retired and we get nothing... Soooo... I dunno. Something seems better than nothing to me. Call me crazy...

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:

What is the big deal???

Release a future HOF'er? Why would we do that? We can easily just reinstate him to the roster and trade him. It'd be getting something for nothing.

We can either release him and get nothing... or trade him and get something... or he stays retired and we get nothing... Soooo... I dunno. Something seems better than nothing to me. Call me crazy...
CRAZY haha

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
Buckeyepackfan said:

What is the big deal???

Releasing Brett Favre is not in the best interest of any party.

Brett suiting up and failing in purple would ruin his legacy.
Brett suiting up and suceeding in purple would hurt this team.

no win situation. wont happen.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eap33 said:
Buckeyepackfan said:

What is the big deal???

CRAZY haha

dang it shell - ya beat me to it!!! ;)

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Problem with everyones Favretabulous take is this. We assume Brett has the winning hand. Does he really. lets look at it like this Texas holdem style

Deal
BF Dealt Ace King spades
GBP Dealt 3 and seven of spades

Flop
2 4 5 spades.

Now currently we havent seen fourth street or the river. But as you see they both have the Flush with Brett holding the higher Flush.

Now odds say that GB does not get the six. But it is not for sure. Brett could be going in for the bad beat. As I see it Brett holds the chip lead and the best hand with two cards left to go. GB if you look at has nothing to loose. Go all in and take a shot.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Problem with everyones Favretabulous take is this. We assume Brett has the winning hand. Does he really. lets look at it like this Texas holdem style

Deal
BF Dealt Ace King spades
GBP Dealt 3 and seven of spades

Flop
2 4 5 spades.

Now currently we havent seen fourth street or the river. But as you see they both have the Flush with Brett holding the higher Flush.

Now odds say that GB does not get the six. But it is not for sure. Brett could be going in for the bad beat. As I see it Brett holds the chip lead and the best hand with two cards left to go. GB if you look at has nothing to loose. Go all in and take a shot.

Excellent analogy. Push all in and hold your breath.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
eap33 said:
Buckeyepackfan said:

What is the big deal???

CRAZY haha

dang it shell - ya beat me to it!!! ;)

Why the hell would any team in their right mind give up a draft pick when they know all they have to do is wait for the inevitable.

COME ON TT GET IT OVER WITH, YOUR AND THE DREAM OF MANY ON THIS FORUM WILL FINALLY COME TRUE!!!!!

Here is your chance to rid The Green Bay Packers of the most selfish, sel-absorbed guy ever to put on The Green and Gold uniform!!!!!!!

GET IT OVER WITH NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
******: common wisconsin apperatus to cover and ie keep warm the frozen posterior. Commonly used in blazed orange or cheddar yellow. Can be foam bead or solid foam.

Staff online

Members online