Favre tells Dilfer he won't return

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre Tells Dilfer He Won’t Return

[FONT=&quot]From Judd Zulgad of The Minneapolis Star Tribune:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A few hours ago, we wrote that retired quarterback Brett Favre hasn’t been contact with the usual suspects when it comes to communicating his desire to play, or not play, since he was granted his release last week from the reserve/retired list by the New York Jets.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Well, now there has been contact with Favre. Former NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer, who now works for ESPN, sent a text to Favre today asking if there was any chance he would consider playing in 2009. Favre responded in a return text with the word “NO.” And he put it in caps.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hmmm me thinks he protests too much !
[/FONT]

Man what a lie.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Objectively, and this is trying to filter out my newfound Favre hatred, if that shoulder's healed, Minnesota is a Super Bowl team. Try and find a hole on that team, it's tough. Receiver, I guess, but Bernard Berrian is damn good. With Favre not having to carry the load because of Purple Jesus, he might not actually throw 20 picks, and that's scary.

Filtering my hatred back in, I absolutely would be rooting for whatever AFC team is in the Super Bowl if the Vikings are in it too. Even if said AFC team is the Patriots, who've already won like 400 championships this decade already.

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As has been said, I actually feel sick if I think of Brett in a Vikings jersey. Brett must really have it in for TT at this moment in time if he's going to sign with the Vikes. Does he really not know what he is doing? Or what he is ruining in GB?

I hope to god it doesn't happen, but if it does, well, I will have lost all respect for this man.

Reaction score
Honestly i have given up on Favre the only way i will begin to love him is when he has retired completely for 2 to 3 seasons. Otherwise if he goes on the vikings all i can say is we will smash them

sully31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lost complete interest in favre now.... he should just retire now... if he goes to vikings will not like him again

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For 5 years Brett threatens to retire, even whips up tears v. Bears and retirement. Every media outlet airs "Brett top 10 memories" and a "please don't go brett, we love you soooooo much" poll...hmmmm

Reports in ny that Brett wouldn't partake in team activities, very aloof and above the team, sought special treatment....hmmm

Rumors he's trying to get out of OTAs if goes to Vikes, trying to spite Packers...hmmm

Conclusion: Publicity stunt, ego-maniac, self absorbed, prima dona, selfish. The true colors are shinning bright

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally hope Brett Favre does sign with the viqueens...

This will guarantee us two more wins and four more interceptions for the year!!!

:):bow:

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't this thread in the wrong area of this forum? There's a place for league news/happenings. We all agreed last season that #4 talk wouldn't be in this area of PackerForum.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
does it really matter?

When the mods admonish the posters for discussing certain topics in the wrong areas then yes, it does matter. It happended many times last year & the mods moved certain threads out of Packer Fan Forum into NFL News. It's just a matter of time before this one gets tossed.

Not that I care where anyone posts what they have to say.

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the mods admonish the posters for discussing certain topics in the wrong areas then yes, it does matter. It happended many times last year & the mods moved certain threads out of Packer Fan Forum into NFL News.

Not that I care where anyone posts what they have to say.

Haha yea mods can be Dbags when it comes to that kind of stuff.;)

Members online

Latest posts