Favre tells Dilfer he won't return

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
Favre Tells Dilfer He Won’t Return

[FONT=&quot]From Judd Zulgad of The Minneapolis Star Tribune:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A few hours ago, we wrote that retired quarterback Brett Favre hasn’t been contact with the usual suspects when it comes to communicating his desire to play, or not play, since he was granted his release last week from the reserve/retired list by the New York Jets.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Well, now there has been contact with Favre. Former NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer, who now works for ESPN, sent a text to Favre today asking if there was any chance he would consider playing in 2009. Favre responded in a return text with the word “NO.” And he put it in caps.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hmmm me thinks he protests too much !
[/FONT]

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice, Favre. Now you're being the man you allways were wearing Green and Gold. Let's hope him or TT reach out and try to make amends, so we can see his jersey retired as soon as possible, because that's what every packer fan really want.

Dizzle498

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, last year before this whole thing started he said he was done. I will believe he is actually retired after the super bowl next year and he doesn't play.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Nice, Favre. Now you're being the man you allways were wearing Green and Gold. Let's hope him or TT reach out and try to make amends, so we can see his jersey retired as soon as possible, because that's what every packer fan really want.
You actually believe him? I don't.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a shame. Reaylly...he could have retired like one of the greatest QB of all times...but noooooo! He prefers to be remember as a joke...or a turncoat if he really signs with the viqueens.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you guys take this too far, yeah Brett does this a lot but I think he's done. He's still the best quarterback Green Bay ever had and I dont hate him any less for wanting to play in 2008. There was no room for him in Green Bay though, it's A-Rods turn. He say's he done and (this time) I believe him.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't hate Favre. He's one of the greatest Packers of all time.
But I WILL hate him if he wears purple and yellow (that's not gold) this season.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well yeah there will be a bit of a bitter taste if he plays for the Vikings, but does that honestly take away all his good years in Green Bay.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you really imagine Favre entering Lambeau dressing purple and yellow?

Some might say it's profissionalism. I don't buy it. He's just seeking revenge and a way to "stick it" to TT. He puts himself above the team and everyone else. Sad.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you honestly think Brett is that Cynical to join a team to get back at TT. Maybe it's just me, but I think if (a BIG if) he went to Minnesota, it would be to play football (and a shot at the super bowl).

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Favre can't stand Green Bay"

"Favre looking to stick it Green Bay?
The retired-for-now Brett Favre could be itching to get back onto the field. "Favre can't stand Green Bay," a source said. "He wants to play Green Bay and say, 'I told you so.' His bitterness is creating this. I think he's calling Minnesota. I think Minnesota is talking about this as we speak. You haven't heard the end of Favre. No way. He is bionic. As long as somebody will let him in, he will play." (New York Daily News)
Rumors: Brady, Bundchen expecting baby? - Fan Zone- nbcsports.msnbc.com"

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can you really imagine Favre entering Lambeau dressing purple and yellow?

Some might say it's profissionalism. I don't buy it. He's just seeking revenge and a way to "stick it" to TT. He puts himself above the team and everyone else. Sad.

What he fails to realize (or maybe he does) is that by "sticking" it to ANYONE who is a part of the Packers family, he "sticks it" to ALL of us. And he has explicitly said that's what he wants to do, so F him.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Favre can't stand Green Bay"

"Favre looking to stick it Green Bay?
The retired-for-now Brett Favre could be itching to get back onto the field. "Favre can't stand Green Bay," a source said. "He wants to play Green Bay and say, 'I told you so.' His bitterness is creating this. I think he's calling Minnesota. I think Minnesota is talking about this as we speak. You haven't heard the end of Favre. No way. He is bionic. As long as somebody will let him in, he will play." (New York Daily News)
Rumors: Brady, Bundchen expecting baby? - Fan Zone- nbcsports.msnbc.com"

I hope he does go to the Vikings. He proved last year that he's washed up. I've NEVER seen a QB implode like he did in the second half of last season.

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thinking about Favre in a Viking uniforms just makes me wanna throw up.. Hell even the photoshopped pictures of Favre in vikings unis make me throw up.

Brett if you go through with this, Im gonna officially be a Favre hater. I don't care what you did the previous 16 seasons. Wanting to stick it to your old team is childish to the max. Can't wait till you step on lambeau in purple
and here the booooooos.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darren Sharper and Longwell are on the Vikings...where are their bashers?

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i never thought i would see this. favre in purple in lambeau on the away team. people in greenbay booing brett favre? what has this world come to?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
i never thought i would see this. favre in purple in lambeau on the away team. people in greenbay booing brett favre? what has this world come to?

Before you know it we will have cats and dogs livings togeather, human sacrifices, fire and brimestone, 40 years of darkness, the end of the world as we know it!