Favre still worthy of respect

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems as if opponent players like him more than some Packer-"Fans".

Ckicka mi!

excerpt: ALLEN PARK -- Lions linebacker Ernie Sims would love to hit Brett Favre on Sunday -- just to see how the veteran quarterback reacts.

Will Favre say, Nice lick kid?

Or will Favre get in Sims' face and jaw with the rookie the same way he's done with Warren Sapp and dozens of defensive players throughout his career?

Sims always has admired the tough, grizzled Packers quarterback. Now, he hopes to get an up-close-and-personal look at Favre.

"He's a tough guy, a tough quarterback," Sims said. "He takes some licks, and he's ready again. That is how I look at him. I really respect that. I really like that. That is the type of quarterback I want on my team."

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
How many threads can we pull from?

How many misquoted, threads can we pull from? A lot... I don't know of a single person here that seriously said that they wanted to get rid of Favre.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
calicheesehead said:

How many misquoted, threads can we pull from? A lot... I don't know of a single person here that seriously said that they wanted to get rid of Favre.

I think the only Packer fans that would want Favre gone is not because they feel he isn't a good player, but more or less to see what Rodgers can do and to move on with the future. But of course some people just constantly complain about anything he does to the point you have to wonder what they really want outa Favre.

mineral723

Cheesehead
Reaction score
29 Interceptions
I hope he stays with the Packers forever and continues to make NFC North secondaries look better.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bavpb said:
Seems as if opponent players like him more than some Packer-"Fans".

Ckicka mi!

excerpt: ALLEN PARK -- Lions linebacker Ernie Sims would love to hit Brett Favre on Sunday -- just to see how the veteran quarterback reacts.

Will Favre say, Nice lick kid?

Or will Favre get in Sims' face and jaw with the rookie the same way he's done with Warren Sapp and dozens of defensive players throughout his career?

Sims always has admired the tough, grizzled Packers quarterback. Now, he hopes to get an up-close-and-personal look at Favre.

"He's a tough guy, a tough quarterback," Sims said. "He takes some licks, and he's ready again. That is how I look at him. I really respect that. I really like that. That is the type of quarterback I want on my team."

:lol: "On my team" thats a good one. GLAD WE HAVE HIM ON OURS! :D

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I don't think I ever said I didn't want him on our team. (not saying anyone said i did either) I would prefer him to make wiser throws. He admitted to holding the ball too long in the pocket especially with such a young line. He all but said he wanted to take that throw back that was INT. He said he threw it because a lot of times his WR's make something out of it.

I'd rather Brett than anyone, but I would like to see Aaron play occasionally. Like 4th quarter of the bears game after Brett's first INT. 8 mins of a live game could have helped him. the team still had some fight an who knows he could have learned a few things to help him later in his career.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
calicheesehead said:

hmmm...see any post made by Timmons & you've got at least one!! :twisted:

Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I don't think I ever said I didn't want him on our team. (not saying anyone said i did either) I would prefer him to make wiser throws. He admitted to holding the ball too long in the pocket especially with such a young line. He all but said he wanted to take that throw back that was INT. He said he threw it because a lot of times his WR's make something out of it.

I'd rather Brett than anyone, but I would like to see Aaron play occasionally. Like 4th quarter of the bears game after Brett's first INT. 8 mins of a live game could have helped him. the team still had some fight an who knows he could have learned a few things to help him later in his career.

While I do see your point, and I think it is very valid in terms of getting A-Rod ready sooner as opposed to later, I think a possible major drawback might be that A-Rod struggles, and looses confidence. Not sure if that would be best for him right now.

I am also interested in observing the effects of 2 years of watching, and whether that extra year of observing will lead A-Rod to be any more "ready" to become the QB.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If Aaron didn't lose confidence after last year I don't think he will ever. He seems like a real go getter type of kid. If he makes a mistake he does whatever he can to correct it. That was shown by his offseason work out and his dedication to learning the new offense.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Zero2Cool said:

While I do see your point, and I think it is very valid in terms of getting A-Rod ready sooner as opposed to later, I think a possible major drawback might be that A-Rod struggles, and looses confidence. Not sure if that would be best for him right now.

I am also interested in observing the effects of 2 years of watching, and whether that extra year of observing will lead A-Rod to be any more "ready" to become the QB.

I agree, now tranfer this logic to the OL and you will see why I question TT. I am not a fan of starting rookies unless they are 100% ready for the big time

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, seriously, he costs more games than he helps win with his errant throws and "gunslinging". Players from other teams ALWAYS give props to future HOFers and this is no different. Favre is probably the LEAST feared QB in a division of mediocre QBs. You KNOW Favre will throw up a couple of easy INTs every game, and its just a matter of if you can capitalize on them. He will GIVE THE GAME AWAY every time. He will most likely break the all time INT record this season. He's only 19 away!

Here is a great quote from ESPN:

Brett Favre threw two more interceptions in Green Bay's shutout loss yesterday, giving him 257 for his career -- just 20 shy of George Blanda's all-time record. Will ESPN start running a Bonds-esque "Chasing Blanda" scroll at the bottom of the screen as Favre goes after -- and inevitably passes -- this historic mark? I have no idea, although they should. But I'd like to throw a bone to all of the Favre apologists out there. In order to prevent their hero from breaking Blanda's mark, I say Favre's picks no longer be recorded as interceptions. Instead, they shall be called "gunslings." It's simply disrespectful to say: "Brett Favre stinks. He threw five more interceptions last night." To me, this sounds much better: "Did you see Brett Favre throw five gunslings last night? Man, what a gunslinger. He threw them so hard directly into the defenders' hands that he made them bleed. No one throws gunslings like Brett Favre."

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry Bears but you have proved you actually don't watch any Packer games so I'm just curios why you would then be interested in our forums. You say he'll always throw the game away but if by far the majority of those int's were thrown when they were losing how can you say he threw the game away. If you would allow yourself to enter our forums at least slightly informed you'd realize when leading he will rarely throw an int to lose the game. Still nice to have you here and we'll have to taught about Favre and the Packers in no time.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
calicheesehead said:

Wrong....it has been said by net and others. "Brett should retire", "The Packers should trade Brett"

Some people here don't like Favre because he is perceived "bigger than the Packers". Me thinks one certain Admin is one of them along with a number of the usual suspects.

Please go back to the "Should the Packers trade Favre" thread. If you answered yes then you do "want to get rid of Favre" for whatever reason.

Members online

Latest posts