• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Favre and all that he has done for the Packers organization. But I think it is about time for him to retire. If he comes back next year, all that happens is that we have another dismal season, Rodgers is still inexperienced, and we lose $10 million in cap space. If he leaves right now, we gain $10 million, Rodgers gets a chance to prove himself, and we still have a dismal season, but we'll be taking one step closer to a better season.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes...just so we don't have to listen to F@vre66 go on and on about him anymore, or else blast anyone who does not worship him.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Musscy...

What the hell did Favre do to you...?? Kill all your puppies???

He brought us championships man...CHAMPEEENSHIPS...

OK EVERYBODY NOW..
[in a drunken Homer Simpson voice...]

We are the champions..my friennnd...
And we'll keep on fighting til' the end...
Wee are the chaaampions....
WEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONSSSS...
NO time for looosers...
CAUSE I AM THE CHAMPION.....
of the woooorld...

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hell no he shouldn't retire. Just from the team aspect, if he retires we are really gonna suck worse than last year. If he comes back we are only gonna suck a little.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favreforever721 said:
I love Favre and all that he has done for the Packers organization. But I think it is about time for him to retire. If he comes back next year, all that happens is that we have another dismal season, Rodgers is still inexperienced, and we lose $10 million in cap space. If he leaves right now, we gain $10 million, Rodgers gets a chance to prove himself, and we still have a dismal season, but we'll be taking one step closer to a better season.

Actually I dont know the real numbers but the Pack will not get 10 mil in space more like 5 or 6

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Musscy...

What the hell did Favre do to you...?? Kill all your puppies???

He brought us championships man...CHAMPEEENSHIPS...

OK EVERYBODY NOW..
[in a drunken Homer Simpson voice...]

We are the champions..my friennnd...
And we'll keep on fighting til' the end...
Wee are the chaaampions....
WEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONSSSS...
NO time for looosers...
CAUSE I AM THE CHAMPION.....
of the woooorld...

Brett is a first round HOF inductee... No other way to look at it...

However....

Championship. Ship! Not Ships! As in One Superbowl which is great but it is till not plural.

I do not sit oround counting AFC West or AFC Championships, perhaps that is just me.... I consider a Championship a Superbowl win.

RP

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The future is NOW, the '06 season. The best chance the Packers have to have bright future in '06 is to have the best starting Quarterback on the Packer roster, behind the center and calling the signals( if he does not retire) and that is Brett Favre. Aaron Rodgers will get his chance, but hopefully , it will be a year away in '07. Aaron needs one more year of backing up Brett Favre The '06 Packers need to get more stability in the team, especially the O Line and with a new coaching staff of Mike McCarthy, who also need one year of experience.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BRETT FAVRE SHOULD RETIRE....

... WHENEVER HE IS DAMNED GOOD AND READY!!! Not one moment before.

His incredible talent and significant contributions have earned him the rare right to call his time to walk away.

What I think, or anyone other than his family thinks is irrelevant.

Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy have both stated that he can take his time and do not want him to feel pressured. These are their wisest and most respectful moves so far.

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not usually a fence sitter, but on this issue I am torn down the middle - can't decide so I'll leave it up to him :).

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFaninBucLand said:
I am not usually a fence sitter, but on this issue I am torn down the middle - can't decide so I'll leave it up to him :).

Leave your # - maybe he'll check in with you when the time comes :D

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I'm not a packer fan, but some of you people astound me. The packers don't owe brett farve anything. He was paid well to do a good job, and he did it. From an outsiders point of view, farve staying another year will hold up the team from working at a faster rebuild. Some of you remind me of the Harrington lovers on the lions website, you are more of a quarterback fan than a fan of your team. No one can force Brett to retire. He can play until he's 50 if he wants to. But I don't think you should be mad at the coach for not playing farve if he is trying to develop the next qb in a new system knowing that farve won't be around much longer anyway. I'm sorry, but I'm not impressed with what I've heard about your new coaching staff. The Packers aren't going to dominate the North like they have in the past whether Brett retires this year or not. I think you need to start playing your FUTURE franchise qb as the great one you have now won't be around but for another year at most. Remember, it is the Green Bay Packers, not the Green Bay Farve's.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Big3..

Spoken like a true fan who's team hasn't won anything since the 1950's....

Don't tell us how to feel about our HOF QB when the best QB you guys had in 40 years is GEORGE PLIMPTON!!!

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL Advice from a Lions fan on building a winning team and evaluations of coaching staffs.

I will give you this much credit -- you have been in rebuilding mode for 50 years so maybe you are starting to get enough experience in how not to rebuild and how not to hire a coaching staff.

But you should be throttled for even putting that scrub QB inpersonator who has been embarrassing himself in Detroit (whose name will go unmentioned by me) on the same page as one of (if not the) greatest QB of all time.

big3 said:
I know I'm not a packer fan, but some of you people astound me. The packers don't owe brett farve anything. He was paid well to do a good job, and he did it. From an outsiders point of view, farve staying another year will hold up the team from working at a faster rebuild. Some of you remind me of the Harrington lovers on the lions website, you are more of a quarterback fan than a fan of your team. No one can force Brett to retire. He can play until he's 50 if he wants to. But I don't think you should be mad at the coach for not playing farve if he is trying to develop the next qb in a new system knowing that farve won't be around much longer anyway. I'm sorry, but I'm not impressed with what I've heard about your new coaching staff. The Packers aren't going to dominate the North like they have in the past whether Brett retires this year or not. I think you need to start playing your FUTURE franchise qb as the great one you have now won't be around but for another year at most. Remember, it is the Green Bay Packers, not the Green Bay Farve's.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66: I agree completely -- what next advice on winning championships from Vikings fans???

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously its up to Brett as Bruce so diligently wrote, however, what's best for the Pack would be for him to come back next year. The transition will be much more seamless if he can come back. It will give the Pack time to establish the necessary strengths of support( stronger OL, better D, etc)so that once he has retired, the new QB will have a system which will support him, not suffocate him. If he retires now, the new QB will not have the necessary support to develop as fast. There definitely would be gap in the transition, if BF was to retire. It would be great if BF could come back and say flat out, this will be my last or 2 more seasons, giving the PAck a timetable to nurture. JMHO

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why ppl jump all over every non-packer fan that posts on here. Not everything is meant as mean-spirited, disrespectful rivalry- driven hatred. Fine, big3 may have said some things you disagree with, but instead of disrespectfully dismissing everything he says just because he's the fan from another team, why not welcome a debate that offers a much different perspective than our Packer bias allows?

Favre comments aside (I've beat that horse already)...I agree with him about the Pack's future. I too lack confidence in the new coaching hires (and I REALLY hope I'm wrong and will be eating crow by this time next year!!!) and am a little concerned about where the Packers will be in the division the next few years.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
about where the Packers will be in the division the next few years
Fighting it our for 1st place at .500 with the other 3 weak *** teams in the north :)

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
I don't understand why ppl jump all over every non-packer fan that posts on here. Not everything is meant as mean-spirited, disrespectful rivalry- driven hatred. Fine, big3 may have said some things you disagree with, but instead of disrespectfully dismissing everything he says just because he's the fan from another team, why not welcome a debate that offers a much different perspective than our Packer bias allows?

Favre comments aside (I've beat that horse already)...I agree with him about the Pack's future. I too lack confidence in the new coaching hires (and I REALLY hope I'm wrong and will be eating crow by this time next year!!!) and am a little concerned about where the Packers will be in the division the next few years.

Because they are frightened little losers who have nothing else to live for.
This is why there are so many Packer haters. There are more “I hate the Packersâ€

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil.......thats true about ANY teams fans. There are PLENTY of obnoxious Bears fans too........i have seen MANY of them. This year, they came out of the woodwork like cockroaches and were pounding their chests screaming how they were going to win the Super Bowl, all because they won ONE division title. So to say there are more bad Packer fans then other team's fans is just not true. The Cowboy fans are a pretty bad bunch too........and Eagles fans......and so on. So to blast Packer fans on a Packer site just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I wouldn't have ANY desire to spend 5 minutes on a Bears fan site. I know you have every RIGHT to be here, just as i do, but to make such an all encompassing anti Packer fan statement just isn't being truthful. Have i met some bad Packer fans? YES. But the majority of the ones i have met have been civil and respectful of others. The truth is, there are good and bad people out in the world, and whatever sports team they follow, they carry over their good or bad attitudes.

Now......back to the thread.........i hope Favre does NOT retire yet. Yes, the future is coming.........but why be in such a hurry? It MIGHT be a 1070's and 80's type future. I'm in NO hurry to repeat that!

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
......It MIGHT be a 1070's and 80's type future. I'm in NO hurry to repeat that!

Now thank god, that's long ago, heh! I didn't know they played football then? :eek: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Have you been to any game then? Who was playing QB? :lol:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think it was Lief Erikkson..

But then they were called "The Green Bay Skraelings".....

Members online

Latest posts