Favre says 2009 best season ever

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found myself a little confused last season. I love the Packers, but moved to Minnesota 10 years ago and not warmed up to Aaron Rodgers I found myself rooting for Favre, not so much the Vikings, but just Favre. You have to admit he's a legend and a great football player no matter what team he plays for.

Love him or hate him, you have to put yourself in his shoes, you know that you are getting old, but at the same time you know you got a few years left. Now you want to end your career with the team you built your career on, but now some new guy is coming to replace you.

If you feel betrayed as a Packer fan, think how he felt as a Packers player pretty much forced into retirement...

Wouldn't you want to rub it in that the old guy still has something left?

He's played the retirement game now with 3 different teams. Nobody spends more time thinking about himself than The Interceptor, which makes him very easy to dislike. Henry, you must be a fantasy football guy who loves individual stats, but don't care about teams.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read an article on Yahoo! about him saying "I'd love to beat the Saints in the opener."

Interesting, Brett can beat the Saints alone... Hmmm... No team to help? Interesting. I would love to watch that one.

Surprised he didn't say "We'd love to beat the Saints." Not like it helps since they have a ring and Brett and the Purple People got sent home.:laughing:

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
confused? let me clear that up for you. your not a packer fan, because packer fans dont cheer for the vikings. Your a fan of brett favre. and "forced to retire"? Thats a load of ****.

True. It will be confusing who to root for when Favre does retire.

And he played the retirement game because he wants to play for the Vikings so he manipulated each situation so he could get there and TT/MM wouldn't have it. Plain and simple. Jets were used as a vehicle to get to Minny, which might explain his TD-INT ratio.

Rodgers is one hell of a QB. It'd be nice if he got the respect for that. Better than Favre at this point of his career too (statistically speaking, rest of the team needs to show up for all 16 games as well haha)

F

flolypops

I am not agreed with him. Because it is not failed totally.
Its not a bad............

JRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favres personal opinion of his best year is just that - his. Perhaps he does not share everyone else opinion of his best game, that being just after his father died. If he said that he hated that game and it was his most despised game the fans who have no life of their own would chime in ridiculing the old fool for not agreeing with them. The more I see of fans the more I can't stomach fans.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason why Bunt Fart thinks this 09 was his best year is because he is with another team.
We have to face reality that he is no longer a Packer. Whatever team he is with, and if he's had a good year, he will say that.
His best year is when he got the MVP and won the SB. Anyone, especially Burnt, who doesn't think so is insane or stupid. Of course that was his best year. Championships, rings or anything else one can show for it always beat stats.
But since all he can go on is stats and he is with another team, all he can do is lie and claim that 09 was his best year when it really wasn't.

Members online

Latest posts