Favre says 2009 best season ever

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we went 2-14 you know TT would've been on the unemployment line.
Absolutey, together with MM, and probably some players too.

And I would've endorsed it.
Not that it matters, but I would've...

But for the record, even if we play 16 games against the SB champs, all of these games on their turf, there's no way this team can go 2-14...

pluto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, statistically it was his best year. yes he forced his way out of gb. tt did the right thing. no he did not win a superbowl last year. favre won't win a superbowl this year.
i personally hope favre throws 30 int's this year and gb has 8 of them.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are acting like nobody knew about Favre's INT problem. He has always been a high risk- high reward type of passer. Without his 'chance taking' passing style, we would not have some of the greatest plays/games ever... the 'He Did What' reception by Freeman would have never happened if Favre was a conservative passer, nor would the last second TD pass vs the 49ers last season by Favre or the Oakland game after his father passed away (some of them passes to Walker were jus thrown up and Walker went and got em). Most of Favre's career he has had many INTs, yet in only one season has he had a losing record. So how can you say the packers season would have been doomed if Favre came back again

I don't know if 08 would have been a awful year had #4 not "retired" but he would've been KILLED behind our line last season! :icon_exclaim:

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still wonder what all the poor Jets fans did with their #4 jerseys they all rushed out to buy.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still wonder what all the poor Jets fans did with their #4 jerseys they all rushed out to buy.

Let's just say that once Favre "retired" again, things didn't go so well. In fact I have a bunch of Jets friends who despise Favre as much as we do. If Favre thought the Green Bay fans were harsh on his return to Lambeau, wait till he witnesses Jets fans as he comes out of the tunnel at the Meadowlands complex......

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's just say that once Favre "retired" again, things didn't go so well. In fact I have a bunch of Jets friends who despise Favre as much as we do. If Favre thought the Green Bay fans were harsh on his return to Lambeau, wait till he witnesses Jets fans as he comes out of the tunnel at the Meadowlands complex......

I will be excited to watch that game, thats the start of of tough run for them. Jets, then dallas then us. I cant imagine they could win all three.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score

I live in the town the Jets train during the off season, and trust me when i say nobody ran to buy favre jerseys.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in the town the Jets train during the off season, and trust me when i say nobody ran to buy favre jerseys.

"The New York Jets' online store was offline for parts of Thursday as fans rushed to be among the first to purchase a jersey bearing quarterback Brett Favre's famously difficult-to-pronounce last name and No. 4 player number. Demand for the jerseys was such that JetShop.com was either offline completely, or had slowed to a crawl, for much of the day.
The site, when available, showed the Favre jerseys for sale at $80, but it warned customers "to allow extra time, regardless of shipping method," to receive their order.
Jets fans desperate to own an emerald-and-white team sweater bearing the Mississippi native's credentials had other, more expensive, Internet options. Favre Jets jerseys were selling on eBay Thursday for as much as $300."

source: Favre Jets Jersey Blitz Crashes Team's Web Store -- Internet Traffic -- InformationWeek

nastynice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow, why is there so much bad blood between pack fans and favre? As far as I know, the beef was that he wouldn't make up his mind wether to play or retire. So the organization just told him to be out, they want to start rodgers. I mean, how is that favre's fault? There's no question he wanted to play, but he didn't know if he was physically able to. If he knew he was physically able to then I don't think he wouldve hesitated for a split second to keep playing. GB wanted to move on to the qb of the future and favre wanted to play on a team as a starter. so they parted ways. Why should there be any drama between any of them? That's just business. Maybe i'm missing something here...?

Its not like Favre joined the vikes to stick it to gb fans. Its cuz he knows the system and coaches there, he didn't want to go to a team where he had to learn stuff all over again. That makes complete sense. He's so old, he's on a year to year basis as far as if he's playing or not, of course he's not going to want to start somehwere fresh.

I don't know about you guys, but if I had a player like favre on my team I would have nothing but respect for him. When he was in green bay all he wanted to do was win. He left it ALL on the field, what else can u ask from a player. He was a gun slinger from the beginning, he would always gamble that his bullet's would make it thru the defense to his recievers, sometimes he was right sometimes he wasn't. That's what made him so damn good. And he took A LOT of heat for his decisions, he always manned up and addressed the media, and took the blame.

I would be proud to have had a player like favre on my team, and if business dictates that we part ways then so be it. I would not have ill feelings. We've had Randy Moss, Warrn Sapp, Jamarcus Russell all give up on the team, all not care about winning or losing. Mabye thats why I feel the way I feel, but personal decisions aside, Favre left it all out on the field, he did everything he possibley could to win, sometimes it was the right decision sometimes wrong, but he even sacrificed his own body to try n get a win. Don't be spoiled, it takes a true proffessional to do that, remember what he gave ur organization (EVERYTHING he had) and let life go on.

I used to think the media would just always blow the favre and gb fan thing outta proportion, but i guess its true... bad blood.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow, why is there so much bad blood between pack fans and favre? As far as I know, the beef was that he wouldn't make up his mind wether to play or retire. So the organization just told him to be out, they want to start rodgers. I mean, how is that favre's fault? There's no question he wanted to play, but he didn't know if he was physically able to. If he knew he was physically able to then I don't think he wouldve hesitated for a split second to keep playing. GB wanted to move on to the qb of the future and favre wanted to play on a team as a starter. so they parted ways. Why should there be any drama between any of them? That's just business. Maybe i'm missing something here...?
Actually, no. He complained about our GM's method of building a team publicly. His retire/non-retire was a method of gaining leverage, as well as his means to skip the offseason programs. You see, the GM we had before ran a pretty light program, so almost no veterans attended. He was the one who allowed Favre to have his own locker room and such. But TT and MM tried to create what we call "packer people". A team spirit, if you will.

After 2007, MM called Favre, but told him he needed a response before the offseason began. Favre didn't budge and "retired". So they moved on. When he realized that his bluff had been called, he decided to unretire and have his spot back, spot which, due to the starter RETIRING, was given to Arod. As they couldn't simply screw Rodgers, they traded Favre to a place where he wouldn't play them.

Its not like Favre joined the vikes to stick it to gb fans. Its cuz he knows the system and coaches there, he didn't want to go to a team where he had to learn stuff all over again. That makes complete sense. He's so old, he's on a year to year basis as far as if he's playing or not, of course he's not going to want to start somehwere fresh.
Actually, in 2007, when they said he would be traded, he wanted specificly to go to MN. He was going to TB, when the Jets jumped in and offered more. So, yes, the system is there, but it wasn't because of the system. Why didn't he stay in NY? He knew the system in there. He was doing very well until he got injuried (more on injuries later on) But he decided to retire, then unretire, asked to be released, and go to MN, our arch-rival. But it's a coincidence...

And I don't know about the AFC West, but the rivalry between Packers and Vikings (and Packers and Bears) is simply too big. You don't wear purple if you're a Packer fan (you don't wear orange either, except for hunting LOL). You just don't go to the arch-rival.

I don't know about you guys, but if I had a player like favre on my team I would have nothing but respect for him. When he was in green bay all he wanted to do was win. He left it ALL on the field, what else can u ask from a player. He was a gun slinger from the beginning, he would always gamble that his bullet's would make it thru the defense to his recievers, sometimes he was right sometimes he wasn't. That's what made him so damn good. And he took A LOT of heat for his decisions, he always manned up and addressed the media, and took the blame.

I would be proud to have had a player like favre on my team, and if business dictates that we part ways then so be it. I would not have ill feelings. We've had Randy Moss, Warrn Sapp, Jamarcus Russell all give up on the team, all not care about winning or losing. Mabye thats why I feel the way I feel, but personal decisions aside, Favre left it all out on the field, he did everything he possibley could to win, sometimes it was the right decision sometimes wrong, but he even sacrificed his own body to try n get a win. Don't be spoiled, it takes a true proffessional to do that, remember what he gave ur organization (EVERYTHING he had) and let life go on.
Favre was considered the franchise's best player of all time by A LOT of fans (which is preposturous. Everyone knows Bart Starr is). We loved him to death. A lot of fans became GB fans because of him.

But thing is, he was just a stupid drunk in ATL. He was still a stupid drunk in GB in the early years. The organization put up with A LOT, had faith in him, and it panned out.

If it weren't for Ron Wolf, Mike Holmgren and GB, he would've ended his career 3 years after being drafted, as a nobody.
I used to think the media would just always blow the favre and gb fan thing outta proportion, but i guess its true... bad blood.
Like I said, because we had such feelings for him, him going to the rival was so devastating.

I cheered for the Jets the time he was there. I didn't want the team to trade him.

But when he left for the arch-rival, it was over. You don the purple, I hate you, plain and simple.

And regarding flip-flopping, it's just a way to skip preseason, nothing more. You think it's a coincidence he had surgery NOW, and won't be able to suit up till late in preseason? He could've had the surgery right after the NFCC game...

Ultimately, Favre just wants to do it his way. That's it. From skipping preseason (every year since 05, I believe), to changing plays in the LoS (all the time in GB, and in MN, Childress even complained about it), from not reporting injuries and keep playing when he can't, and thus hurting his team (late season with Jets, NFCC game against Saints)... He wants to win, alright, but god forbid he's on the bench when he wins...

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good response RS,

Just to throw in another issue with favre and how he treated everything, the week of march 24th in 08 he said he called the packers and said he wanted to come back. they charted the jet and made arrangements to fly down to Kilm, but then favre called and told them he changed his mind.

I also cheered for him in NY, and saw him play there. Then he stabbed every true packer fan in the back. He is dead to me.

It would be like if Elway forced his way to play for Oakland.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre, is an *******...he got his way every which way he could get it in Green Bay...and the higher ups were beginning to have enough (TT). So he didn't get his way one season, he went off to play for another team who he backstabbed by saying he is retiring, b/c of the clause in the trade to the jets that if he would be traded to an nfc north rival of the packers the JETS would have to pay w/ 3 first round draft picks, so he asked for his release so he could get with the vikes, made sure he was healthy and dawned that ugly purpled helmet...HE BACKSTABBED TO FRANCHISES IN ONE SINGLE MOVE when he put on that helmet.

Favre is dead to me as well, and I truly hope Rodgers outdoes the record chaser in so many ways...I really used to love this guy...

CHECK THIS: favre's last pass in each of his last 3 seasons with his last 3 teams were all interceptions...am i right or wrong?

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew_fZsIKtRQ&feature=related]YouTube - Brett Favre - Pants On The Ground: New Footage (HD)[/ame]

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre, is an *******...

CHECK THIS: favre's last pass in each of his last 3 seasons with his last 3 teams were all interceptions...am i right or wrong?

Yes Farve is an *******.
But I don't think his final pass with the Jets was an Int. But the last meaningful pass for them was a pick. I think he had a garbage pass after that one after they got the ball back and that game was pretty much over.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kACbVGsWN74&feature=related]YouTube - Brett Favre Retirement Speech[/ame]

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it safe to say that Favre's play in his last game with each of his last 3 teams ended any Championship hopes for those teams? His regular season and playoff interception records will never be equaled, and are a huge reason his teams did not win more playoff games. Oh, and he definitely is an ***hole. Only Glen Beck can turn on the tears like he does.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre, is an *******...he got his way every which way he could get it in Green Bay...and the higher ups were beginning to have enough (TT). So he didn't get his way one season, he went off to play for another team who he backstabbed by saying he is retiring, b/c of the clause in the trade to the jets that if he would be traded to an nfc north rival of the packers the JETS would have to pay w/ 3 first round draft picks, so he asked for his release so he could get with the vikes, made sure he was healthy and dawned that ugly purpled helmet...HE BACKSTABBED TO FRANCHISES IN ONE SINGLE MOVE when he put on that helmet.

Favre is dead to me as well, and I truly hope Rodgers outdoes the record chaser in so many ways...I really used to love this guy...

I think it was his last 4 teams. His last pass with Atlanta was a pick also.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was his last 4 teams. His last pass with Atlanta was a pick also.

Close, but not true. The Interceptor threw a pick on his second to last pass with the Jets--that performance against the Dolphins in New York sealed the Jets' collapse out of the playoffs. Both his first and his last pass thrown for the Falcons were intercepted, for an interception rate of 50%. The Interceptor was already making his mark in the record book.

fataldrummer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't beleive he would think this Vikings team was better than the 1997 Super Bowl team

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice article, Eric. For a youngster, you get the important things right. Honesty and Loyalty are more important than selfishness.

Members online

Latest posts