Favre says 2009 best season ever

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quarterback Favre also appeared via satellite to talk about his ankle surgery and how last year with the Vikings was "the best season I've ever had."
"My biggest accomplishment was winning over the majority of Minnesota Vikings fans. I never thought I'd say that."
Many people had slipped out, and the arena was half full when Favre was asked about a possible next season.
"Physically, I don't feel great," he said. "I'm not getting any younger."
A few people chanted, "One more year!"

via- http://www.twincities.com/ci_15169850?nclick_check=1

Glad to see the diva still tries to talk about the past and compare everything to his time in GB. Did he win an MVP? No. Did he choke in the playoffs? Yep. Sure he had great numbers but all one has to do is look at the Saints game to see why it wasnt his best season ever.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I laugh when he talks like this. I'm sure this endears him big time to the guys he played with in those 2 Super Bowl years in the mid 90's. The old man must be getting senile. :grin:

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2010 won't be as great for him, i promise you that.

By the way, I guess this means winning a superbowl is only OK at best. what a f*cker.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is just a grudge holding ****** bag. He just says stuff like this to **** off GB and their fans. I can't believe that any true GB fan would still bow to this attention starved ego maniac.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You people need to calm down a little bit... He was talking to a Target Center FILLED with Minnesota Viking fans..... He probably didnt even think before he said it.. He has nothing against Packer fans.. Obviously he doesnt like TT or MM but he's got nothing to the fans. He didnt go to Minny to get at the fanbase, he went to Minny because he could still play.. and as much as I agree with what TT did with the Favre/Rodgers situation, you can't blame the guy for wanting to make TT think he made a mistake.. He'll retire as a Packer, have his only SB ring with the Packers, and only MVP awards as a Packer. Calm down.. he's not saying anything to deliberatly **** the fanbase off.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You people need to calm down a little bit... He was talking to a Target Center FILLED with Minnesota Viking fans..... He probably didnt even think before he said it.. He has nothing against Packer fans.. Obviously he doesnt like TT or MM but he's got nothing to the fans. He didnt go to Minny to get at the fanbase, he went to Minny because he could still play.. and as much as I agree with what TT did with the Favre/Rodgers situation, you can't blame the guy for wanting to make TT think he made a mistake.. He'll retire as a Packer, have his only SB ring with the Packers, and only MVP awards as a Packer. Calm down.. he's not saying anything to deliberatly **** the fanbase off.

Favre could have kept playing for about 10 other teams (especially the Jets), some in warm climates closer to his home in Mississippi and some with indoor fields like St Louis. But no, he only wanted to go to Min just to **** us off and play against us two times a year. I highly doubt the little prima donna actually even had ankle surgery. I think it was all a scheme to get out of practice. Ether way it's good because a guy at his age is not going to be able to walk out on a field after not practicing much and play well. I hope the Saints destroy him, I heard they are gunning for his ankle.

chantheman08

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Mack_20... you all need to chillax a bit. Favre said he had his best season ever, which statistically speaking, he did. He never said the TEAM had its best season, or the season had its best result, he said HE had his best season. Let's be real, just because you win the superbowl does not mean you (The Quarterback) played well throughout the season. Lets take a look at the Chicago Bears a few years back... they had QB issues with Grossman and Orton, but still went to the SB vs the Colts... You cannot say that Orton or Grossman had their best season as a QB just because they went to the SB, because they got there with their strong defense and running game. Now granted, Favre did play very well in the 96 season, but he did have a better statistical year in 09.

"Sure he had great numbers but all one has to do is look at the Saints game to see why it wasnt his best season ever." - Ivo610

To this statement Ivo, I would have to disagree with you. If you take a look at the Saint game, Favre played a pretty damn good game... he completed more than 60% of his passes and had 300+ yards passing with a TD... pretty solid numbers. Sure, he had a pair of INTs, but he played a damn good game for gettin hit/knocked down on nearly every play. Lets see any other 40 year old get hit that much and hard, and play like that! Take a look at the other players if you wanna point fingers in that game... the Vikings had like 8 Turnovers. Quit blaming everythin on Favre! The man can play, he still loves the GB fans, and you all are takin this the wrong way. Dont forget, he wanted to play for the Pack, but Ted Thompson didnt want him.

P.S. Just to note, I remember an interview back when he was STILL PLAYIN WITH THE PACK, where he stated that if he could play anywhere besides GB, it would be in Minnesota... Nobody complained about it then, so dont trip when it comes to reality. There is no clear evidence that he only went to Minny to get back at the Pack (although Im sure it was part of it), cuz he said it in an interview while still playing with the pack. Who wouldnt want to go to a SB ready team with QB issues late in their career? He only had 1 or 2 years left... Minnesota was the right choice!

chantheman08

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea Olwig, he maybe could have played for other teams (not 10), but not other teams are SB ready. And its true the Jets made it to the AFC championship, but im not sold on them as a SB team... I feel they kinda got lucky and still have holes to fill on their team. The Jets were a 5th seed in the playoffs and nearly missed altogether, only havin a 9-7 record. The AFC is too tough a conference, and with teams like the Colts, Patriots, Chargers, Steelers, and Ravens, all of whom are better teams than the Jets (IMO), Its going to take some time (maybe a few years) for them to get to the SB and Favre only had 1 or 2 years left... he needed a team ready to go NOW!!!

chantheman08

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so your saying losing in the NFC championship is better than winning the SB? That makes sense. LOL

No I am not saying this, but like I said, just because you go to the SB does not mean you had a better year statistically. And Favre in 09, put up better numbers in many categories than he did in the 96 season, so I repeat, he had a better season in 09 statistically than he did in 96

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Statistically, that was Farve's best season ever. His 3 MVP years, he had a passer rating of under 100.
Last year, he was well over 100, his best ever by far.

Now the best thing about him has always been his stats, and his iron-man streak. For him, he's always f*cked up in the playoffs, come up with a dud, choked, etc.

He was outplayed by Vick, by Culpeeper, by Eli, by Warner, by Aikman many times, etc.

And his one Super Bowl ring was not because of him. He played crappy that game aside from 2 early passes. He was 14/27 which is down there with Jamarcus Russell in terms of completion %.

He owes his one ring to Desmond Howard and Reggie White.

Farve has always been overrated in terms of the post-season. We've known this for years, when he came up choke vs McNabb late in that playoff game horrific loss to the Eagles when we had the better team at every position.

I've seen Farve play in about 16 games in person, and he's been about an 80-85 passer rating guy. So I have never put him up there with the Marino, Montana, and Elway..... and I hate the Vikings so I hate Farve.

I want that guy to be absolutely hammered to the turf by Raji or Matthews. Puvlerized with a clean blindside hit. I want the ball to fly loose and be scooped up by Woodson for a TD, and I want Farve to be seeing stars spinning around like the Wile E Coyote does!

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Statistically, that was Farve's best season ever. His 3 MVP years, he had a passer rating of under 100.
Last year, he was well over 100, his best ever by far.

Now the best thing about him has always been his stats, and his iron-man streak. For him, he's always f*cked up in the playoffs, come up with a dud, choked, etc.

He was outplayed by Vick, by Culpeeper, by Eli, by Warner, by Aikman many times, etc.

And his one Super Bowl ring was not because of him. He played crappy that game aside from 2 early passes. He was 14/27 which is down there with Jamarcus Russell in terms of completion %.

He owes his one ring to Desmond Howard and Reggie White.

Farve has always been overrated in terms of the post-season. We've known this for years, when he came up choke vs McNabb late in that playoff game horrific loss to the Eagles when we had the better team at every position.

I've seen Farve play in about 16 games in person, and he's been about an 80-85 passer rating guy. So I have never put him up there with the Marino, Montana, and Elway..... and I hate the Vikings so I hate Farve.

I want that guy to be absolutely hammered to the turf by Raji or Matthews. Puvlerized with a clean blindside hit. I want the ball to fly loose and be scooped up by Woodson for a TD, and I want Farve to be seeing stars spinning around like the Wile E Coyote does!

:happy0005:Check out my latest thread:happy0005:

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
some of you are the reason people from Minnesota make little stories out of nothing, just like this one is. He statistically did have his best season ever. Rodgers statistically had a better season here than Favre ever did last year as well. Favre could have gone to St. Louis or some crap team like that, but why would he with the team Minnesota has around them? He wants to win a SB, he wanted to here, but we never made the FA moves to put a WIN NOW team in front of him. We did have a shot the year we lost to the Giants in the Championship game yeah, but nobody even thought we'd make it that far. Im good with what we did, and we now have a winner around Rodgers. Favre wanted to come back and play here remember, TT didnt want him (i agree with that, im glad we did what we did) but you can't get mad at a guy for saying he still can play, and as he proved last year, he still can.
I agree he never should have retired like he did, but TT pushed him into it... after another year or two maybe of him playing, he will finally retire, and you will all love him as you did when he was a Packer...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre thinks 2009 was his best season, because of the stats, than, by that logic, he's got to think that Rodgers in his early career is better than he was...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
some of you are the reason people from Minnesota make little stories out of nothing, just like this one is. He statistically did have his best season ever. Rodgers statistically had a better season here than Favre ever did last year as well. Favre could have gone to St. Louis or some crap team like that, but why would he with the team Minnesota has around them? He wants to win a SB, he wanted to here, but we never made the FA moves to put a WIN NOW team in front of him. We did have a shot the year we lost to the Giants in the Championship game yeah, but nobody even thought we'd make it that far.

Just because Minnesota made all those free agent moves and went to NFC Championship while we didn't and made it there as well meant that they were in a win now mode and we weren't? Really? Just because you sign FA doesn't automatically make your team better nor does it mean your a contender. It's been shown in the past that it doesn't always work that way. Another point that you brought up was that nobody thought that we would make it that far. And yet everyone automatically put the Vikings as SB contenders once they signed Favre? Because obviously the only hole on their team was QB right? Of course it was because they didn't need a secondary or a replacement for EJ Henderson when he went down.

Im good with what we did, and we now have a winner around Rodgers. Favre wanted to come back and play here remember, TT didnt want him (i agree with that, im glad we did what we did) but you can't get mad at a guy for saying he still can play, and as he proved last year, he still can.

I agree that we are in a perfect spot now that we have Rodgers. He was always our QB of the future. Favre wanted to come back.... AFTER he told everyone that he was completely done and wasn't going to come back. Favre kicked himself out he door before TT did.

I agree he never should have retired like he did, but TT pushed him into it... after another year or two maybe of him playing, he will finally retire, and you will all love him as you did when he was a Packer...

How did TT push him into it? By drafting Rodgers? I didn't hear Montana *****ing when the 49er brought in Young, Mcnabb crying when the eagles drafted Kevin Kolb, nor Kurt Warner threaten to leave when the Cardinals drafted Lienart and further make him the starter.

Bossfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as I am concerned, Favre can retire as a Viking. All he cares about is himself and I hope he gets his *** kicked during this years Packers games. I truly do not think he can make it through another season in one piece.

Also, it is time for me to sell all my Favre collectables... I hate that guy.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre is such an ingrate. The packers took a chance on him when Atlanta had enough of his antics. No one would even know his name if it wasn't for the packers and now he's trying to stick it to the team that gave him so much. He got all hot and bothered when TT didn't resign certain players and he also got pissed when TT didn't sign Moss, yeah Moss has been a stud since but who could've predicted that after he failed in Oakland. I wasn't aware that a GM had to okay every decision he makes with his QB. Favre getting pissed that the Packers moved on shows how arrogant he is. The cold hard truth of the NFL is everyone will eventually be replaced. Don't give me that TT forced him out crap, Favre has changed his story so many times you can't believe a word he says. First it was "i'm retiring" and "no regrets" then it was "they rush me into a decision. Even if TT was urging Favre to make a decision what's the worst TT could do if Favre took his time anyway. But no Favre "retired" and the Pack moved on. Then Favre says I'm coming back and expects everything to be handed to him. mean while he's having phone conversations with "Chilly" and the rest of his viqueen mistresses. I'm glad that we now have a QB who thinks about the team and not about being the center of attention

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He wants to win a SB, he wanted to here, but we never made the FA moves to put a WIN NOW team in front of him. We did have a shot the year we lost to the Giants in the Championship game yeah, but nobody even thought we'd make it that far..

I hate this damn argument..

they were MINUTES away from going to the SB who the efffing cares of there was a f/a there or not?

He had his shot just like he had with Minny

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not surprised there are still a few fans in Wisconsin backing this traitor. There are still Frenchmen who think Marshal Petain was the true French leader during WWII. Favre is a Viking, he should retire as a Viking, and the Packers should never, never retire his number. Other than that, I don't think much of him.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre was so eager to win a Super Bowl then why did he "retire" in 08? I don't believe for one moment anyone at 1265 pushed him out the door. What HC and/or GM would kick their HOF QB to the curb after the season #4 had in 07? Favre did admit he knew the Packers would move forward with Rodgers if he retired. I truly think the Old Man wanted OUT of Green Bay all along. He strung everyone along all spring and summer by not filing for reinstatement. He wanted to create a PR nightmare for GB by going on Greta's show and the rest of the crap that summer all because he was pizzed at TT for not giving him his unconditional release so he could go to MN. In the end he was traded to NY which was just a one year detour.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but statistically speaking, he's not wrong.

The question then becomes what he values more, stats or a Super Bowl? If it really is stats, his priorities are ****** up.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

I wonder if the 08 thing was just a scheme to get out of green bay. He "Retired" Just to comeback and try to head back to Green Bay just for TT/MM to tell him he cant come back. And they have Rogers as QB. IDK..

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I am not saying this, but like I said, just because you go to the SB does not mean you had a better year statistically. And Favre in 09, put up better numbers in many categories than he did in the 96 season, so I repeat, he had a better season in 09 statistically than he did in 96

If you read what I said I said he had a good year stats wise, and the point I was making is that winning a SB normally is the best year of your career. I bet if you asked Peyton what the best year he ever had he would say 06, the year he won a ring, not 04 the year he threw 49 TDs. Stats wise Eli had the best year of his career last year, but I dont think he is going around saying it was his best.

Greatness in QBs in the NFL is measured by SBs. Unless your a Viking or Marino fan.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im just dreaming here but its May and its all I got so just work with me....

Justin Harrell is the most disliked Packer on the roster right now next to a certain cornerback I wont mention. But if Justin makes the roster this season and wants to eternally be beloved by the the state of Wisconsin and packer fans all over the world, all he has to do is get a HUGE hit on Favre. In fact lets pray its a roughing the passer, leading with the helmet, ect ect and give them the 15 yrd penalty.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCTyEmvvZJo]YouTube - NFL's hardest hits[/ame]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts