Favre Retiring??

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. I think this is likely Brett's last year, all his family is in Mississippi and he sold his house in Green Bay, not the actions of someone looking to stay. Pack will feel less pressure for him to stay with Rodgers on roster.
2. I think the loss of Rivera and Whale is overrated. Yes they were premier guards but that is the one line position most easily replaced and whoever our guards are they will be surrounded by All Pro players at the center and tackles. Line is where teams need to play as a unit and still a whole bunch of talent there.
3. Sherman is a good coach, was not a good GM, but I don't see any reason to not keep him.
4. At one time four of our biggest salaries hits were on the DL with Johnson, Hunt, Reynolds and KGB yet the line was poor. That has continued to hurt us. That was Wolfe and Shermans fault.
5. I do not think our offense will be as good this year, especially if Walker sits out (I seriously doubt he will). But I am becoming more optimistic about our defense especially if we can find a way to sign an experienced corner. It will be better based on coaching alone. I never understood how a defense that over and over again showed weakness in the secondary along with the DB running around like chickens (Under Donatelly) could be corrected by making the coach in charge of that secondary the defensive coordinator. Clearly Slowak was the problem not the solution.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the only way Brett retires this season is if we win the SB. I know he has an aw-shucks kind of personality, but I think deep down some of the records he's close to achieving mean a lot to him (definitely more than he lets on). He will play this season and at least one more I think, but if he gets through those two without missing a start, I'd look for him to maybe try for another, b/c that would bring the all-time consecutive starts record within his grasp.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, steelwheels, think positvely. I don't think Favre's streak is going to end, and since when does he let things stop him when he does get hurt. He always manages to be back the next week. That man must be part superman. :mrgreen: :p :lol:

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
I think the loss of Rivera and Whale is overrated. Yes they were premier guards but that is the one line position most easily replaced

Let's reserve judgement until we see what Klemm and O'Dwyer can do.

I'd like to know where you got the idea that premier OG's are easily replaced.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
I think the only way Brett retires this season is if we win the SB. quote]

How about if the Packers are not very good and he takes a beating this year? They are not as good as last year and he is getting older. He has flirted with the thought of quitting even after playoff seasons. I say this is the end and as a Bears fan I say thank god.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will be better than last season so I don't see that happening. The only reason he flirted with retiring last year was because of his wife's illness. I think Brett will hang on for longer than most people think.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
I know he has an aw-shucks kind of personality, but I think deep down some of the records he's close to achieving mean a lot to him (definitely more than he lets on)...

I've been kind of wondering the same thing the last couple of years. Hopefully he can stick around long enough to break the records and win a Super Bowl, though it's probably unlikely.

I don't know when he'll retire, but I'll sure hate to see him go when he does. It's been a great ride so far with him at the helm.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly hope that he will stick around for a couple of more years. However, he is so quiet about retirement plans. We were on a cruise last year with his mom, and she didn't even know about his retirement plans until he announced them. She found out when the rest of us found out--after it was announced on t.v. :mrgreen: :D :)

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Walter was nearing the end of his career we all knew that it was coming. Neil Anderson was a very good back but you get spoiled when you have one of the greatest players of all time. You can only appreciate the time that they were there and hope the new guy is a decent player.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walter was the best ever.....behind those ****** lines on those godawful teams. I was very saddened that he was essentially run out of town with a good year or two left in the tank to make room for Neil Anderson...who was also a major pain in the collective ***** of Packerdom!

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that Favre will retire if we win the superbowl this year(thats not going to happen) and if we dont win it i think he will be back for another year :)

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you never know, we might just win the super bowl. whats the big deal anyhow? favre already won one in '97. he cannot go on forever. be realistic.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts