Favre press conference

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't think I could watch it. I'm not taking his retirement very well right now.

I heard about it from my friend who's a Niner fan. He had difficulty watching it.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Transcript link anyone? I hate not having speakers. I think it'll be easier to read than to try to watch without getting choked up anyway...

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:
RedSoxExcel said:
nathaniel said:
RedSoxExcel said:
nathaniel said:
RedSoxExcel said:
He's not saying "I will never return, this is 100%"

No, he hasn't said those exact words, but the man has said he's done. Look at the man's body language. He's done.

Yeah that's his body language right now. Because he thinks he's done. I still think when it gets to August-September. He's going to get thinking. If Aaron Rodgers gets injured in training camp or something, he's coming back IMO.

It's so easy to say "100%, this is a final decision". When the 1st reporter asked "fans are wondering if your going to change your mind". Remember Michael Jordan's famous "I'm 99.99% sure".

Let me see if I've got this straight.

So, since he hasn't said that he is 100% done, that must mean that he isn't really done...BUT, if he did say he was 100% done, you wouldn't believe him anyway...

Man, you need to stop putting arguments in other people's mouth. Read what I said. When did I ever say that I wouldn't believe him if he said I'm 100% done?

Seriously?

Michael Jordan said "I'm 99.99% done". That is what got everyone so worked up, "Why didn't he just say 100%". And low and behold, he came back.

You're reaching for straws. Does he really need to put a percentage on it?

When did I ever say that I wouldn't believe him if he said I'm 100% done?

Well, for one thing, he just had a press conference saying that he's retiring from football, but you still said this...

If Aaron Rodgers gets injured in training camp or something, he's coming back IMO.

Um, no. That's not how an argument works. You still stated that I wouldn't believe him if he said he's done for sure. And you still havn't told me where I said that.

On top of that. It's not about grasping for straws. All I'm saying is it is easy to reply to the first question "your fans are wondering if your change your mind". With a "no, I will not". It is MY opinion and only MY opinion (which everyone is entitled to - JUST like its your opinion that based on the press conference and body language he is done), that he could come back. Did you ever think Michael Jordan would retire after winning 6 championships and come back to play in WASHINGTON. AT the time JOrdan retired, he stated he had nothing to prove, it wasn't worth it anymore, at hte time, people change their minds. Stuff happens. It is all opinion and speculation. It's hard for athletes to hang it up and it seemed to me that Favre during the whole press conference was trying to convince himself it was the right call.

It's opinion. It is my opinion and read Charida on ESPN, that Favre will regret retirement come August-September. If the right circumstances arose, I can see him coming back. Taht's all I said. I never said I wouldn't believe Favre if he had explictly stated "people need to stop speculating, this decision is final". But of course you will take my statements and twist it into something you "think" I'm arguing.

This is getting hilarious.

All I've done is quote things you've said. I haven't "twisted" anything you've said, seeing that I used quotes straight from your posts.

Well, I'll give you the last word, cause I'm retiring from this thread. Rail me into the ground if it makes you feel better. There is a 100% chance I will never post in this thread again.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett left at 2:03 and si climbing through 29000ft to a cruising altitude of 40,000ft. He will be just west of Milwaukee around 2:35pm

thanks for everything Brett. Hope retirement is as good as your career!

What? No windspeed, heading, dinner menu?? :D

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
trippster said:
Brett left at 2:03 and si climbing through 29000ft to a cruising altitude of 40,000ft. He will be just west of Milwaukee around 2:35pm

thanks for everything Brett. Hope retirement is as good as your career!

What? No windspeed, heading, dinner menu?? :D

A new level of stalking :p

Follow the airplane on your computer

LOL

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the link to the transcript Midwest.

I know there's been comments and issues in the press lately about why I'm leaving, whether or not the Packers did enough, whether or not Ted and Mike tried to convince me to stay. None of those things have anything to do with me retiring, and that's from the heart.

I knew it. I didn't think MM or TT were any part of the blame. I just wanted it said for the record so we could move on.

I as much as anyone want Brett to play one more year, but I guess we have to admit that it's not going to happen.

Best of luck to Aaron. I hope he can get us some Rings.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I know there's been comments and issues in the press lately about why I'm leaving, whether or not the Packers did enough, whether or not Ted and Mike tried to convince me to stay. None of those things have anything to do with me retiring, and that's from the heart.

I knew it. I didn't think MM or TT were any part of the blame. I just wanted it said for the record so we could move on.

I as much as anyone want Brett to play one more year, but I guess we have to admit that it's not going to happen.

That quote really says it all. The sad thing is people are going through a state of denial and will look to blame someone else and that guy will be TT. Favre retired because as he put it, he didn't want to play football any longer. Unfortunately some fans will not accept that.

I wish everyone could look ahead. It's tough but I know if I ever have kids then I'll be able to tell them about Brett Favre like my family told me about Bart Starr. We got to witness one of the greatest if not the greatest Packer in the history of the team. That's pretty cool in my opinion.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
trippster said:
it will be 20 min late. brett is still flying into GB. He will land at 11:18 if my info is correct

Pretty detailed there Trippster

find out why it was delayed, classic Brett IMO

He flew in on a Citation 500 and when it was to fly into Hattiesburg to pick him up it was diverted to a nearby airfield (from what I can gather). So my guess is the Brett And Deanna had to drive over to the other airport. When I had checked on the flight this morning, he was descending through 32,000ft and 112 miles south of GB. That would have put him right over Milwaukee!

He was originally scheduled to leave Austin Strobal (GB's airport) at 1pm arriving back in Hattiesburg at 3:28pm. however, he has not left GB yet as of 1:40

detailed enough? LOL :p

Deanna was already in Green Bay. Brett flew with out Deanna.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

That quote does say a lot. It should answer a lot as well.

Packers_Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very hard to watch, a great guy and a great player.

We will miss him that's for sure and he is finished for good. Looking at that video he doesn't want to retire but he knows that it is time to go. I would like to wish him and his family well.

It has been a joy to watch you and have you play for an Organisation as great as the Packers.

God bless you Brett Favre. :)

bakler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only caught the beginning but it was more than enough to make me shed some tears. I was at the Viking game at the Metrodome as well to see him break the record and it was the first ever Packer game i had ever been to. 2nd best moment in my life right behind my daughter being born. I miss you already Brett.

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was tough. It's just amazing how time flys by. I remember watching the Packers for my first whole year in 1997 when we lost to Denver. After that game and around that time I still always thought to myself "Wow Favre is still 27 or 28 still so much left to give ...1 SB 1SB loss 3 time MVP"

That just seems like yesterday now. But it's amazing how much the time has went and now instead of being 28 with a lot to give he's 38 with nothing to give. That press conference was really a reality check not just the Favre era being over but just how quick life goes. I bet Favre feels the same way and finds that it was yes a long career but the 17 years just passed him by...

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was the hardest thing I ever had to watch, it was so emotional and so honest. I needed lots of kleenex watching it. Its so sad, but he is going out with his head held high just like he says. I have never felt so depressed and sad. This must have been such a hard decision for him and Deeana to make. But he does deserve a long rest after 17 years.

God Bless you Brett, Deeana and your family, you have given me so much joy every Sunday watching you. You are the BEST!!! See you in Kenton.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The strangest part of that press conference was seeing the subtitle on the bottom of the screen: "Brett Favre - Former Green Bay Quarterback".

I am not sure why, but that really hit me as he's done.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like anyone can really choose one but to me the line that stuck out was Favre saying he hopes every penny the Packers spent on him was money well spent.

I thought that was sincere and you could tell he really meant it. Not a lot of players would say something like that and really mean it. I mean he broke down trying to say it. A lot of guys would take money and that's the end of it, they got paid but Favre wanted to earn it. That's also another reason why he was such a good fit for the community of Green Bay I think we can all agree the it was money well spent.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to watch all the way through. Unfortunately Heather used up all the Kleenex!

All I can say is they had better start planning now for the 2013 HOF ceremony. There is still time to build a larger stadium as they're gonna need one! He meant so much to so many and I doubt that will change much in 5 yrs.

One of my favorite quotes from the day:

Deanna told me on the way over her that her sister had called her, Christy, and said that Marshall Faulk was wondering what I was going to wear. Well, Marshall, here I am. This is about as dressed up as you're going to see. I thought about wearing a suit, I really did. I thought about shaving. But, what you see is what you get. And I hope that I never change. I don't think I will. I hope that people appreciate that side of me because it is real, obviously. And it's the way I played the game. I've always said that people watching in the stands I could see them saying, 'If I could play, that's the way I'd want to play.' And that is important to me because that's the only way I know how to play it. That's the only way I know how to dress. That's the only way I know how to act. Right or wrong, it's the only way and I think people do appreciate that.

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course I missed it yesterday - knew it was coming, but couldn't get home in time. Packinsteel, any chance you got a link for the presser (prefereably the entire thing)?

Members online

Latest posts