Favre playing for another team? NO WAY

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was reading Donald's Designated Driver's blog, about the mith of Favre, and found this priceless link to CBS Peter King's intervew with primadona QB, 9 years ago: CNNSI.com - Inside Game - Peter King - Monday Morning QB - SI's King: MMQB -- An afternoon with Brett Favre - Monday December 11, 2000 06:21 PM

My favorite question from that article?
15. You want to finish your career here?
Favre: "Definitely. If in two years, say, they want to trade me, I'd probably walk away. Retire."

So yeah, that's right. He's a liar. I had a doubt if he was a traitor or a liar. He's just a liar. I'm much more confortable now. Anyone gonna defend him now?
-
BTW, here's the link to DDD's blog. http://hesgotallkindsoftime.blogspot.com/

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he kept true to his word and retired, and then came back to play for the Jets.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's pretty difficult to finish a career with a team whose management no longer sees a particular player in its immediate future.

It really isn't a big deal. I've always said that if anybody has the talent and passion to be productive, they ought to remain in the workforce. Let's face facts: The NFL needs Brett Favre more than Brett Favre needs the NFL.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt that, he has seemed to outstayed his welcome.

According to whom - YOU???

It's not easy to argue when you guys allow yourselves to be blinded by hatred and envy. Let the hate go and take Brett Favre and his situation for what it really is - a top 10 NFL QB talent that still has a desire to play.

At the point the Packers TRADED Brett Favre, he should no longer have been a concern to any Packers or NFL football fan. If he continues to be a concern, then check yer heads.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre will bring good ratings to Vikings games, but I don't think the NFL is going to fold if he doesn't play.

Who said anything about the NFL folding??? My goodness!:frustrated:

It's a matter of staying at the top of your game so to speak. Brett plays for Minnesota, FOX makes buku bucks off the hype, more Americans tune in to watch and the NFL continues its stranglehold as the most popular sport in America.

Remember - NOTHING lasts forever.:happy0005:

nelanator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gerbschmidt is hilarious. I heard him call in to KFAN last week and laughed my butt off for about 5 minutes strait. I wasn't even sure if he was actually a Packer fan or if it was just a bit, but it could be both. The guy's voice makes it all the better. He almost sounds like the warden in Cool Hand Luke.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I was reading Donald's Designated Driver's blog, about the mith of Favre, and found this priceless link to CBS Peter King's intervew with primadona QB, 9 years ago: CNNSI.com - Inside Game - Peter King - Monday Morning QB - SI's King: MMQB -- An afternoon with Brett Favre - Monday December 11, 2000 06:21 PM

My favorite question from that article?
15. You want to finish your career here?
Favre: "Definitely. If in two years, say, they want to trade me, I'd probably walk away. Retire."

So yeah, that's right. He's a liar. I had a doubt if he was a traitor or a liar. He's just a liar. I'm much more confortable now. Anyone gonna defend him now?
-
BTW, here's the link to DDD's blog. a l l : k i n d s : o f : t i m e
So if someone changes their mind, or moves on the "probably" part of a statement they are a liar. Not married are you? If you are I can see a divorce in your future, women change their minds all the time. I do wonder, have you ever told someone you would do something then changed your mind? Wouldn't that make you a liar.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to whom - YOU???

It's not easy to argue when you guys allow yourselves to be blinded by hatred and envy. Let the hate go and take Brett Favre and his situation for what it really is - a top 10 NFL QB talent that still has a desire to play.

At the point the Packers TRADED Brett Favre, he should no longer have been a concern to any Packers or NFL football fan. If he continues to be a concern, then check yer heads.

I didn't mean it like that, I think if he wants to play let him play. It just sucks it's for the Vikings. By outstaying his welcome I meant I think people are fed up with his retire and then come back attitude.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If my wife told me she didn't love me from the get go, that would be the end of the marriage... But this is not like I'm gonna buy the dog food and then don't buying it. It's more like saying to your wife "I do wanna have kids", then marrying and having a vasectomy...

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is fighting mortality. He's railing against the march of time. I suspect that sometime someone with the Packers, Ted Thompson or Mike McCarthy or both, used the words" too old" to Favre in refusing to reverse his retirement decision last year. Now Favre is out to show them, the world and maybe most of all himself he's still 29!
Like most other lions in winter, though, the more he pushes it the worse it's going to go for him. He's making the classic athlete's mistake of staying on too long and like those who have done it before his reductions and deterorations will only become more apparent.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is fighting mortality. He's railing against the march of time. I suspect that sometime someone with the Packers, Ted Thompson or Mike McCarthy or both, used the words" too old" to Favre in refusing to reverse his retirement decision last year. Now Favre is out to show them, the world and maybe most of all himself he's still 29!
Like most other lions in winter, though, the more he pushes it the worse it's going to go for him. He's making the classic athlete's mistake of staying on too long and like those who have done it before his reductions and deterorations will only become more apparent.

Time will tell.

However, one thing going Brett's way in all of this is the fact he does appear to be cut from a very rare mold in terms of talent coupled with mental toughness coupled with a body that can withstand an inordinate amount of punishment.

Personally, I hope he plays longer than this season because when I look around the league at what the average fan gets at the QB position, I see a LOT of mediocrity. Having Brett stick around a few more years - well, let's just say I can think of a hundred things more unfortunate than that.

GBpsyco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am looking foward to playing aganist Favre in purple. Favre is a football player, so things didn't end up the way we thought they would, big F'in deal. I wish him well, however, I hope we kick his ever lovin *** the both times we play the Queens.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking foward to playing aganist Favre in purple. Favre is a football player, so things didn't end up the way we thought they would, big F'in deal. I wish him well, however, I hope we kick his ever lovin *** the both times we play the Queens.

I am with ya on kicking the crap out of the ViQueens. However, I will be routing for Favre to have a good game, just not good enough to beat us, if that makes sense LOL.

Either way:
:viksux:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am with ya on kicking the crap out of the ViQueens. However, I will be routing for Favre to have a good game, just not good enough to beat us, if that makes sense LOL.

Either way:
:viksux:

I'll do ya's one better: Not only will I be cheering for Brett, but at this point I'm leaning towards cheering for Minnesota. I have to be honest with myself and everybody else if I ever expect to get over the biggest gift Green Bay has and will ever see being tossed out with the wrapping paper. At this point, it's moot on which side was the "ULTIMATE" instigator because the damage is done.

I don't think there's any man rule that states one must ALWAYS cheer for his team. I really hope Minny sweeps Green Bay if Favre ends up signing and I hope they beat us down bad. It will serve as a little poetic justice for those of us Packers fans brave enough to break free of the propaganda machine.

When push comes to shove, I find it terribly more rational to back a human being (Brett), as opposed to an entity (Packers organization). Favre provides passion and heart while the Packers showed a bottom-line mentality and political character assasins (When they contracted Ari Fleischer).

One for the Gipper, Brett!!!:happy0005:

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it stupid to ever root for a team and change loyalty over one player. I will stil always like Favre and maybe root for them to win a game or two, but never root for them to beat Green Bay.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...if I ever expect to get over the biggest gift Green Bay has and will ever see being tossed out with the wrapping paper.
What about Vince Lombardi? What about the greatest wr ever, don hutson? What about the BEST qb the packers ever had, Bart Starr? Calling Brett Favre the biggest gift green bay has and will ever see is just wrong. Unless you think the Packers have started playing in the 90's...
BTW, just the idea of cheering for the queens makes me vomit.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it stupid to ever root for a team and change loyalty over one player. I will stil always like Favre and maybe root for them to win a game or two, but never root for them to beat Green Bay.

Well, I can assure you I am not stupid. I simply refuse to let pride stand in the way of my own sanity.

The preponderance of evidence suggests to me that Brett was screwed over by Ted Thompson and it happened BEFORE last off season. Ted is cagey and he did it all very underhanded and stealth-like.

As a result, I hope Brett signs with Minnesota and I'm satisfied with that - the fact Brett refuses to let another man control his destiny and desires.

Brett Favre represents every decent American man that's ever had the pleasure of living in this once-great country. Remember, there are still a vast amount of people that refuse to bite on the current propaganda hook.

Free yer minds, men!

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Vince Lombardi? What about the greatest wr ever, don hutson? What about the BEST qb the packers ever had, Bart Starr? Calling Brett Favre the biggest gift green bay has and will ever see is just wrong. Unless you think the Packers have started playing in the 90's...

Go jot down the number of wins each has and get back to me.:jester:

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I completely agree, there is so much history in the Green Bay organization and to root for them for the sole purpose of watching Brett Favre seems wrong.

Well, I can assure you I am not stupid. I simply refuse to let pride stand in the way of my own sanity.

The preponderance of evidence suggests to me that Brett was screwed over by Ted Thompson and it happened BEFORE last off season. Ted is cagey and he did it all very underhanded and stealth-like.

As a result, I hope Brett signs with Minnesota and I'm satisfied with that - the fact Brett refuses to let another man control his destiny and desires.

Brett Favre represents every decent American man that's ever had the pleasure of living in this once-great country. Remember, there are still a vast amount of people that refuse to bite on the current propaganda hook.

Free yer minds, men!

Wasn't really calling you stupid I just believe a football team is more than one man and you cant really be a fan if you would change loyalty in a heartbeat if one player left.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hauschild and others like him really believe TT and MM pushed Favre out the door? Wouldn't that be foolhearty? Why would anyone running an NLF team kick their future HOF QB out the door, especially after the kind of season Favre had in 2007? That makes zero sense. What actions by TT and MM make you come to the conclusion that they wanted Favre out? Drafting Rodgers? I'm sure in 2005 TT never dreamt Rodgers would fall into his lap. Drafting him made sense. He was obviously the top player on the board and Favre wasn't getting any younger. The bigger question about last summer should be why did FAVRE retire and leave a team so close to the promised land!? I'll never forget my shock when I first heard it. I couldn't believe he'd choose to walk away when we were so close. Personally I am now becoming convinced there was more to the question than just fatigue that was behind his decision to retire in March 2008.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hauschild and others like him really believe TT and MM pushed Favre out the door? Wouldn't that be foolhearty? Why would anyone running an NLF team kick their future HOF QB out the door, especially after the kind of season Favre had in 2007? That makes zero sense. What actions by TT and MM make you come to the conclusion that they wanted Favre out? Drafting Rodgers? I'm sure in 2005 TT never dreamt Rodgers would fall into his lap. Drafting him made sense. He was obviously the top player on the board and Favre wasn't getting any younger. The bigger question about last summer should be why did FAVRE retire and leave a team so close to the promised land!? I'll never forget my shock when I first heard it. I couldn't believe he'd choose to walk away when we were so close. Personally I am now becoming convinced there was more to the question than just fatigue that was behind his decision to retire in March 2008.
Don't get me wrong. After Joe Buck's show, I'm a Brent hater. But he was indeed pushed out the door. It started the year MM was hired, instead of Brent's friend Steve Mariucci. Then the whole Randy Moss thing. Favre was interfering with the management. That's bad for team chemistry, for the most influential player on the team to go against the GM. But Favre was the best on the team, too.

So they went with him. But after the Championship game, they wanted Favre focused and being part of the team. Something a separate shower doesn't allow. He thought himself above the organization. And when he was reluctant to commit to the team, they thought Arod was ready and didn't insist with Favre returning from the anual retire or not retire, like they did previous years. So he retired, and they called his bluff. At least that's what I know. For what I know, they didn't actually push him out the door, but they sure wanted him to retire, and when he did, they gave no effort to bring him back.

Members online

Latest posts