Favre: Pack Should Let Me Play Elsewhere

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
Bertram said:
arrowgargantuan said:
Bertram said:
The Packers are welcoming him back to compete for the job, he has no right whatsoever to demand a release or trade. By doing so, he would be no better than Javon Walker.

you can't compare Walker's situation with Brett's. thats a huuuge stretch and they're really nothing alike in my opinion. it's not even close.

Both under contract, both demanding to be released/traded because the management doesn't want to give them what their big egos demand/ed.

I think the situation is very comparable. Brett Favre is under contract, and that is something he will have to respect. He shouldn't expect to be handed a job. This is professional football, these are professional athletes and they have to fight for their job every day.

Brett Favre seems to think he can have it any way he'd like with the Packers, and that the Packers owe him the world.

However, no single player is bigger than the Green Bay Packers franchise, not even if you're name is Brett Favre.

i just find it funny that you would put Brett in the same light as Javon Walker...and not see anything wrong with that. as players they are WORLDS apart, the scenarios are WORLDS apart.

we'll just have to agree to disagree here.

I don't care if you're Javon Walker, Terrell Owens or Brett Favre. Every player has to honour his contract. These guys get payed the big bucks, Brett Favre has made more in one year than most people make in a lifetime. I don't think the Packers owe him a release.

Would this be true if Brett returns and A-Rod wants traded?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
lol

I really think people need to realize what a writer does. He or She takes quotes, comments, etc from a said event/person and they give their opinion on the matter.

The problem? Readers take their articles as FACT.

Do not be afraid to think for yourselves. ;)

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol

I really think people need to realize what a writer does. He or She takes quotes, comments, etc from a said event/person and they give their opinion on the matter.

I'm not afraid to think for myself... i just can't.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
lol

I'm not afraid to think for myself... i just can't.

I can, But yes.... I am afraid.

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to thank Brett for throwing his organization under the bus. I've been a huge fan since he led us to victory against the Bengals but holding the team hostage the past few years and then retiring and coming back and holding the team hostage again is a joke. Nothing good can come of this... I hope TT trades him to the Dolphins or the Texans and he gets sacked about 200 times this year.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to thank Brett for throwing his organization under the bus. I've been a huge fan since he led us to victory against the Bengals but holding the team hostage the past few years and then retiring and coming back and holding the team hostage again is a joke. Nothing good can come of this... I hope TT trades him to the Dolphins or the Texans and he gets sacked about 200 times this year.

too bad for you its not gonna happen. favre makes too much money for a team to trade for him, especially if he tell the other team he doesnt want to be there. nobody is gonna carry 13 million salary AND have to give up draft picks for a guy who doesnt want to be there.

try again

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All this talk about ego is ridiculous. Yes, Thompson probably has an ego but I'm sure Favre does too. Like everyone says all the time, Favre is only human. Well we all have egos.

This is not about Thompson's ego. It's about business and common sense. This is an easy decision for Thompson to make in terms of whether or not you release Favre or not. You don't cut Brett Favre.

I remember the flawed yet often used argument that Thompson would force Marquand Manuel too start because of his ego. Yeah that lasted very long. Manuel got his year too start and was gone midway through training camp because he didn't develop. So put this ego talk aside and look at this through a franchises standpoint.

This idea that Favre should be release so he can sign anywhere isn't good for the franchise. A lot of people are on here talking Favre up as one of the greatest QB's in the league today. For the record, I agree with that.

Now stop and think for a second.

Has Thompson said Favre is washed up? Has he said Favre isn't a good QB? Has he said anything negative about Brett Favre on the football field?

The answer is just no.

Thompson is aware of how good Favre is. Right now he's looking at the options of whether or not the team should move on with Brett Favre or move on without Brett Favre. Even if he chooses to go with Favre does that mean Thompson should just release Aaron Rodgers and let him sign within the division if that's what Rodgers' wants. Of course not because it'd be a stupid move on Thompson's part.

Favre says he wants to play but he won't give the Packers a list of teams.

None the less Peter King put it great on NFL Total Access today

He says #1 on Favre's list is Minnesota. That's where he wants to be and Favre knows if the Vikings are on that list that the Packers get from him, Ted Thompson will just take a pen and draw a line through it. It's common sense.

If Aaron Rodgers was the guy demanding his release, Thompson shouldn't and I'm confident he wouldn't give him his release either. He would do what's best for the team and trade him and get something for him. If draft picks are so meaningless then tell Mark Tauscher and Donald Driver that whom are a couple of 7th round picks.

The bottom line here is Favre needs to accept the fact that he will have to list teams for Thompson to call.

The part where Thompson is and should get criticize is if he starts to ask for compensation that is ridiculous. I'm talking like a 1st or 2nd round pick. Nobody will do that. You don't leave Favre out to dry, you take a 3rd or 4th for him and you move on.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts